Short Stories & Collections > Cain Rose Up-SC

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2586 comments Mod
Discuss story below!

message 2: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Funny that this was written in 1968... Columbine anyone?

Tim (Mole) The Gunslinger (Mole) | 128 comments LOL ,I think theres always been teen angst and poor lost souls though Angie!

message 4: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

I liked how in this story you were the killer. I thought that was great.

Hayley | 83 comments I liked this story but can never figure out what the guys motive is - he seems to be a bit of a religious nut - Cain and Able - but I still can't figure out if this is the reasoning behind the killings. Maybe i'm just being a bit thick lol.

Joanie | 59 comments And there has always been talking about someone going crazy and climbing to the top of tower and taking out a bunch of people. I remember talking to my sister about this story (she's 11 years older) and she told me about the Boomtown Rats song, "I don't like Mondays" now the two are forever joined in my memory.

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments This story reminded me alot of the Richard Bachman story "Rage". Really good! I think the kid just cracked. Everyone asking him, on his way back to his room, if he aced his finals like everyone expected.....I don't know maybe it was the pressure. Good story.

Kandice | 4105 comments Of course I read this story years and years ago, but I recently saw the movie Elephant, and this immediately came to mind.

message 9: by GracieKat (new) - added it

GracieKat | 67 comments As soon as I heard about Columbine this story came to mind. I think he was more basing it off of Charles Whitman though.

Gatorman | 561 comments My all-time favorite King short story. The methodical way he just starts shooting at people always got to me. The story is very short but it is as effective as any of his longer ones. I like the way it is never really explained why he does it. Gives the reader something to ponder.

Nilofer (nilofers) | 83 comments I found the way the character was drawn, kind of stoic and silent, but off his rocker nonetheless, buckling under the stress from the exams (and perhaps a harsh father?) rather sad. And then the lack of emotion when he starts shooting...this was my favourite from Skeleton Crew.