}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

The Books > The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) This book is about a surfer chick who finds a mermaid and tries to unlock the secrets behind her past and the mermaid's presence. I've read most of it, but I found it dull and boring, but with beautiful imagery, so I stopped reading it. I might pick it up in the future. What about you guys? Have you read it or think you might read it?
The Mermaid's Mirror by L.K. Madigan

message 2: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments I have ordered this now as part of a swapping deal. Will tackle it in January or February.

message 3: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Garrett wrote: "This book is about a surfer chick who finds a mermaid and tries to unlock the secrets behind her past and the mermaid's presence. I've read most of it, but I found it dull and boring, but with beau..."
This is one of the only mermaid books they regularly have in stock at my local bookstore, so I might pick it up and give it a shot. It's not very expensive either, which is good. Too many hardcovers = empty wallet.

message 4: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments I started (page 74). I think the book had been written earlier than others I have read, but I am a bit bored by the plot element that shows some unsuspecting girl, who has not been told by her remaining parent that the other one is merfolk. And there is the rule not to surf/swim/touch water whatever plus the lure of the sea/voices/familiarity/, dreams, sleepwalking etc. I say "Yeah, yeah, get on with it." in my head all the time.

}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mermaid's Mirror (other topics)