Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Books, Books, Books.

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments So, I was going through my books today and I have a tone of LI and LIH that I need to get rid of. So if anyone wants to buy any from me they can! lol Hopefully I will be able to post a list of all the ones I have. Some of the books aren't LI lined either, but are CHF or CF. Just seeing if anyone might be interested before I start making a list of all my titles.

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments ok I promise I will have the list up by monday. I have been sick since yesterday afternoon. I haven't forgotten

message 3: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Hugs, Jennifer. I hope you feel better!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Jennifer, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you're back to normal quickly.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I hope you feel better today also.

message 6: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Sounds like many have a bug, tracie peterson ask for prayers also Hope the bug goes away and all are soon OK.....

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Thanks guys! I think it was a stomach bug or something. Feeling a little bit better today.

message 8: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
I'm glad you're feeling better, sweetie! Hugs!

message 9: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments Jennifer wrote: "Thanks guys! I think it was a stomach bug or something. Feeling a little bit better today."

Glad you're feeling better Jennifer :)

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments so i realized i have way more books than I thought. This could take awhile! lol

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Looking forward to hear that. I have so many Grace Livingston hill books . I am going to try get rid most of her books this year.

message 12: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments since we spoke of bugs earlier and I mentioned Tracie Peterson needing prayer-I have update this morn found out she is much worse gone into pneumonia and we need to continue prayers for her. Thanks guys......

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I gave all the grace livingston hill books to the local library years ago couldn't get into them.

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Paula wrote: "since we spoke of bugs earlier and I mentioned Tracie Peterson needing prayer-I have update this morn found out she is much worse gone into pneumonia and we need to continue prayers for her. Thank..."

yuck! will do

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "I gave all the grace livingston hill books to the local library years ago couldn't get into them."

Yeah, there are a few of hers I could read. Not many.

message 16: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I read a couple and they seemed to be all the same and very down on the times and how immoral the world was etc.

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Jennifer and Ausjenny -- I've read some of hers as well. I find them interesting as they show how romance writing has changed over the years.

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I think that could be my problem I had read alot of heartsong presents and another line called promise i think it was and hers just didn't have the same feeling. the ones I read were set around the war times but the talk was about how immoral so many were and unwanted pregnancies etc. It made me realise that morals were slipping way back then. I know its worse now but I found the books very judgmental and not so much inspriational

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I read them when I was younger. My grandmother loved her! There were a few that I really liked, but as I got older they just seemed dry at times. Like it was the same thing over and over and that the plot really never had a real climax or anything. LOL maybe that's me being a little analytical about things. :D

message 20: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
No, Jennifer -- I think your observations are true. It must have been the style of the day as they were hugely popular.

message 21: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Jennifer I agree with you and Janet. I have notice the style of books has changed even in the past 20 years I have noticed a huge change. books now have more bite to them. they often deal with an issue like one Janet Dean wrote dealt with a child being beaten and also the wife being beaten. I have noticed quite a few will deal with domestic violence and other issues that at one time seemed taboo. I love how they do have these issues and how its dealt with. I think these books help some of us (me) understand how a woman will allow herself to be beaten and how she believes its her fault and other issues its good cos it gives an understanding and I really hope one of these books will help someone in the situation realise its not right. The same with child abuse and other issues.

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I agree Ausjenny. There are certain issues that aren't taboo anymore. That's why I think Karen Kingsbury and Francine Rivers are so popular. They tackle the tough issues like some of the LIH and LI authors do.

message 23: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Jennifer wrote: "ok I promise I will have the list up by monday. I have been sick since yesterday afternoon. I haven't forgotten"

Glad that you are feeling better Jennifer!
I would be interested in a list of your book titles that you are going to sell. =)

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I posted it on another separate thread. If you want I can message you a list too.

message 25: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 305 comments Jennifer wrote: "I posted it on another separate thread. If you want I can message you a list too."

Could you send me a message with the thread link?
or a list? Thanks so much!!