Harlequin/Silhouette series romances discussion

General > Harlequin Nascar

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne (yvonne473) | 9 comments Does anyone read this series?

message 2: by EmJay (new)

EmJay I haven't read any of the NASCAR books yet, but I was thinking about buying Peak Performance (May 2008) since the author won a RITA for one of her Harlequin Superromance titles. What I'm wondering is, are these books written specifically for the diehard NASCAR fan, or could I still enjoy the stories even if I don't follow the sport?

message 3: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Guy (achickwhoreads) EmJay wrote: "I haven't read any of the NASCAR books yet, but I was thinking about buying Peak Performance (May 2008) since the author won a RITA for one of her Harlequin Superromance titles. What I'm wondering ..."

I think you could. I certainly enjoyed Janet Evanovich's series that's based around Nascar, and I know nothing of the sport.

message 4: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn I love the NASCAR series. It is what got me into the sport! You don't have to know much about it to like the books (I knew nothing).

Horrible confession, but I think I'm a season behind on them. Too many good books, not enough time.

message 5: by Debbie (new)

Debbie (halfpint66) | 20 comments There was a series I read a few years back. Some of the stories I liked more than others but not all. I never finished the series.

message 6: by Mageela (new)

Mageela | 5 comments I liked the series. I agree with Debbie some boks were better than others. Crazily enough, I became a fan of NASCAR because of the series. I even entered a contest to get my name on #33 car last year (along with I think it was 3333 people) and won. My name was near the right back tire.

message 7: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Mageela wrote: "I liked the series. I agree with Debbie some boks were better than others. Crazily enough, I became a fan of NASCAR because of the series. I even entered a contest to get my name on #33 car last ..."

Clint! I really like him.

It seems that the contract between NASCAR and Harlequin was only for 4 years. The series ended in December. :(

message 8: by Harlequin Books (last edited Mar 31, 2011 11:57AM) (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 50 comments But if you missed some of the titles, we do re-release them on occasion in our Harlequin Special Release Imprint or if you prefer e-books, they become available sporadically. If you’re looking for a certain title, you can send us a request or our online community, eHarlequin.com, has a thread of conversation set up for requests of eBook titles.

email requests - eBookRequests@Harlequin

community requests - http://community.eharlequin.com/forum...

message 9: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Harlequin Books wrote: "But if you missed some of the titles, we do re-release them on occasion in our Harlequin Special Release Imprint or if you prefer e-books, they become available sporadically. If you’re looking for ..."

Nope! Didn't miss a one! Made sure I picked them all up when they were released. ;-)

message 10: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 50 comments :) You were one of the smart ones. I was set pretty much reading my favorite genre back when they first came out and didn't discover them until their 14th title.

Kim S., Harlequin Books ambassador

message 11: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn It was the 20% off coupon in the February 2007 catalogue. Bought two, read them, then bought the rest!

I am now a confirmed Carl Edwards fan!

message 12: by Mike (new)

Mike M. | 2 comments I love all things NASCAR so I thought I'd check out this Harlequin series. I was especially intrigued because Ken Casper appears to be the only male author in the series. I've read four of the books so far and have been very impressed with the quality of writing, knowledge of the authors concerning NASCAR and the believability of the storylines. Being a male reader, I could do with a little more racing action but I understand the intent of the series and am especially glad it is introducing more people to my favorite sport. Thanks to Harlequin and to all the talented authors for providing this series.

message 13: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 50 comments It was a great series and I'm happy you have found them. I know they helped me appreciate the sport more.

message 14: by Mike (new)

Mike M. | 2 comments Thanks! Since you said it "was" a great series, I take it Harlequin has no plans to bring it back. Is that because the storylines have pretty much been exhausted or because the response to the series was not what the publisher had hoped? Or was it something else entirely? How about plans for any other auto racing-based series? Thanks again.

message 15: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 50 comments NASCAR was always intended to be a limited series, which means we only approached a few authors to write NASCAR stories. It was wildly popular and we still get requests for more. I haven't heard any buzz about starting a new series but you never know what the future may bring. I'll pass on your comments/questions so they will know there is another new fan who would like more.

message 16: by Booklover (last edited Nov 25, 2011 10:36AM) (new)

Booklover | 6 comments NASCAR just love the series got new perception of this sport,i like ,have read some of them which were very good books,really loved Nancy Warren,Abby Gaines,Pamela Britton,Day Leclair books,managed to find books by these author:)

and some have'nt been able to get it yet,its difficult here at my place but still keeping my hunt on:)