Love Inspired Historicals discussion

I reviewed one of Janet's books

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I finally picked up a vintage LI by Janet and have reviewed here on GR and on my blog. http://bit.ly/N4yOf

Janet complimented me on one of my books and I realized that I had never read one of hers!

Now I can say with certainty that Janet's books are not to be missed!

message 2: by Judy (new)

Judy I love the Dry Creek Series. I read some out of order and then ended up getting them all and reading from the first to the last.

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I have read several of the Dry Creek books, but not in order. All of them have been good. I'm actually finishing up Sugarplums for Dry Creek and At Home in Dry Creek right now, and it's excellent.

message 4: by Lyn (new)

So now we know that not only is Janet great fun, but an good author!

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Love her Dry Creek Series too! I am addicted. :D

message 6: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) I think Janet's the best! :D Love her writing.

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Agreed with Jennifer and Jillian

message 8: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Oh, here I am on vacation with my brother's family in Arizona, blushing away. Thank you all (and especially Lyn (whose books I recommend, too)).

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I love her books too and Jillians and Lyns

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy Its rainy and cold in our usual sunny Arizona today and our son leaves on Monday for his new job at the Grand Canyon and there will snow up there!

message 11: by Lyn (new)

We're supposed to get freezing rain Friday and Sat! :-( :-(

message 12: by Judy (new)

Judy Where are you at Lyn?

I talked to my Dad in Illinois and he says it will be 51 there on Friday and we are heading towards freezing here (and with all our fruit trees brimming with fruit!)

We are in the West Valley of Phoenix so normally we are in the 70's and throwing it in everyone's face in the Midwest. Tsk tsk on us.

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments is now when I say to day will be in the 90's tomorrow high 90's???????????????
then it drops back again but not as much as last time. its beginning to feel like summer at last.

message 14: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments I especially love all love inspired authors. They are gifted by God.

Ausjenny. Hang in there.. I know that feels that heat burn up quickly. Right now in I am in NC ( north Carolina ) its 40's .

message 15: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Im loving this weather its only about 85ish but its wonderful.

message 16: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Ooh, I wish I had Jenny's or Judy's weather. We have about 8-10 new inches of snow on the ground and subzero temps in the forecast. Brrr!

message 17: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments So cabin fever may kick in?????

message 18: by Lyn (new)

Jillian, send the snow here. We need it for the tourists! Once it snows, I'm not in the mood for rain! And Jenny, you'll get your chilly weather! GRIN

message 19: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Lyn I know we get about 2 nice days then several cold days but this time we do have a few days of warmth.

message 20: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Jenny, you're right. Cabin fever has already settled in. I can't get down my driveway

Lyn, I'm flapping at the snow as hard as I can but it doesn't seem to be moving your way! .

message 21: by Judy (new)

Judy Still raining here. Which we usually only get like 7" a year so rain is a good thing. Its just nicer when its warm out. Our grapefruits are nice and ripe and sweet so I hope they don't freeze. Guess its time to pull the juicer out.

message 22: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments Judy, what part of the west valley? i'm at El Mirage.

message 23: by Judy (new)

Judy Right next door!!! Surprise!!!

message 24: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments Well, surprise is a surprise - it can be anywhere. i think we are actually going to surprise for supper at Outback...close to the goodwill store on Grande.

message 25: by Judy (new)

Judy We live right behind there. I walk to Trader Joes and Goodwill.

message 26: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Jillian wrote: "Ooh, I wish I had Jenny's or Judy's weather. We have about 8-10 new inches of snow on the ground and subzero temps in the forecast. Brrr!"

yikes, lot of snow in your area. We had eight inches past weekend too. it worth to wait for the roads is clear so I can go shopping again. I did start yesterday .

message 27: by Jillian (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Terri--we're snow buddies! : )

message 28: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments not sure you want my weather Jillian we just hit 100 going for about 106+ its hot out there really hot.
this is our hottest day of the summer. to bad we cant mix the weather. thank goodness its not muggy.

message 29: by Judy (new)

Judy Jillian wrote: "Terri--we're snow buddies! : )"
It is in the 30's here right now. I just wrapped our outside faucets to protect them. But mostly its nice

message 30: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Judy wrote: "Jillian wrote: "Terri--we're snow buddies! : )"
It is in the 30's here right now. I just wrapped our outside faucets to protect them. But mostly its nice"

That we do . It protect from not to freeze. Well, this weekend we suppose to get 65 degrees.

Jillian , I am smiling.

message 31: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Ausjenny wrote: "not sure you want my weather Jillian we just hit 100 going for about 106+ its hot out there really hot.
this is our hottest day of the summer. to bad we cant mix the weather. thank goodness its not..."

We have mark record 100's in NC durning summer.

message 32: by Judy (new)

Judy we usually have 3 months that are over 100 and usually at least one month is around 110. You do get use to it but I would never advise anyone to move to Arizona in the middle of summer, it would be hard to adjust. Our winters are usually in the 70,s are higher which is why its nice living here. Right now we are in a cold spell though.

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Im loving this weather its only about 85ish but its wonderful."

lol It was like that for us Christmas week in SE tx....got cooler, but not much.

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Judy wrote: "we usually have 3 months that are over 100 and usually at least one month is around 110. You do get use to it but I would never advise anyone to move to Arizona in the middle of summer, it would be..."

Same for SE tx....with the humidity and heat. UGH Don't move during summer.

message 35: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Judy you have a dry heat right. today its a hot north wind and after so much cold weather this its a real shock to the system. we have hit 90 once and that was about 3 weeks ago. so to go from 86is to 106 is a big jump considering just this Monday it was about 65ish.

message 36: by Jillian (last edited Dec 30, 2010 07:28PM) (new)

Jillian (JillianHart) Judy--(and Jennifer)--you are so right!!! I moved to Phoenix in early July of 1995, I think it was. My Toyota Corolla didn't have air conditioning and between the CA border and Phoenix I nearly died . I was so hot, I took ice from my Big Gulp cup and would set a piece on my head, another down my shirt, then on my feet, etc as I drove. People passing me on the freeway would see what I was doing and laugh hysterically. I felt totally stupid, but I had to stave off heat stroke some how!!

message 37: by Judy (new)

Judy Jillian- That sounds like a story for some character in a book :-)

My sister in law told me not to pick pennies up in the summer. I have learned how to do that without being burned haha! Who can leave pennies. Well the ones that have the asphalt melt around them stay put.

message 38: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Jillian at the cricket in 40 degree heat (over 100) and even below we go to the bar to get ice water and I have a face washer (you call them wash clothes I think) and will have it wet with some ice in it around my neck. its amazing how it helps. I use to wear a light weight white long sleeved jacket but now tend to use a sarong around the arms and neck to keep the sun of the limbs and a good sun hat. but ice on the back of the neck really does help and on the wrists. a wet towel helps too.

message 39: by Judy (new)

Judy I guess it snowed here in the valley today and somehow I missed it. I just seen my neighbor put on Facebook that she seen it. Must have been cooking or reading ;-)

message 40: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I like it when it's so hot you can literally fry an egg on the sidewalk...it actually works! LOL tried it in high school.

message 41: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Jennifer we had a heatwave about 2 years ago over two weeks over 100 up to 116+ and I was in the other house. the one with no A/C or insulation and it was bad nights didn't get below 90 and it was bad you could have fried an egg there too. dont like it that hot. today its not reached as hot as they said. its hard when the nights dont call down and last night didn't so it was really hot this mourning but this house is stone and really keeps cool for a few days. haven't had a heatwave to last that long since. although this coming week will have some hot days.
I do well up to 90.

message 42: by Lyn (new)

Jenny,
I saw the bad flooding in parts of Australia. Is it my imagination or is the bad weather making the rounds everywhere? Just call me Chicken Little!

message 43: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Queensland is in flood the area covered its now the size of France and Germany put together. It will take weeks even months for the floods to recede and its the raining season. I am not where they are but it is devestating.

message 44: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I'm certainly glad it's not near you, Jenny, but will be praying for those affected.

message 45: by Lyn (new)

Yes, these disasters are dreadful. My son lost the house he was renting in a 500 year flood in Iowa in 2006. The town still hasn't come out of the effects. Prayers for Queensland.

message 46: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments I saw this about the flooding too and wondered about AusJenny, glad to hear you are not there. It seems there are many disasters all over the world lately. Gee this is grp is from all over the place Az Tx NC I am in Ga. Jillian we know a good book must be going to get written while you are snowbound....

message 47: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments I saw that in the news this morning. It was totally sad to see it . Prayer for all of Them

message 48: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments The enormity of the flooding is huge and devestating so much is affected that it will take years to recover. the problem is its raining season one good thing is one river didn't peak quite as high maybe a foot less but its still high and will take weeks to go down.