}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

The Books > The "Fred the Mermaid" Series by MaryJanice Davidson

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Post your opinions on Fred the Mermaid by MaryJanice Davidson below!

Sleeping with the Fishes (Fred the Mermaid, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Swimming Without a Net (Fred the Mermaid, #2) by MaryJanice Davidson Fish Out of Water (Fred the Mermaid, #3) by MaryJanice Davidson

message 2: by Garrett (last edited Nov 20, 2011 09:04AM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) An omnibus featuring all three novels will be released sometime next year! It's called Underwater Love and contains Sleeping With the Fishes, Swimming Without a Net, and Fish Out of Water. The cover is up on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Underwater-Love... Check it out!

message 3: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments Love the cover, Garrett.

message 4: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Great cover, but not sure if I'll be getting these. Some kind of.... I don't know, fluffy I guess.

message 5: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments I love Fred, she is so wonderfully grumpy. But others - including my sister - were disappointed.

message 6: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
I'm gonna check them out of the library first. But grumpy is good, that's kind of my disposition irl, so maybe.

message 7: by Garrett (last edited Nov 21, 2011 11:25AM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I love these books, and I'll definitely be getting this (my paperbacks have seen better days). I wonder if all the older mermaid books, like this and the Water Trilogy, to name a few, will be rereleased in omnibus editions as mermaids get more popular. It's what they did with all the older vampire books when Twilight gained fame.

message 8: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

That was the biggest advantage of the Twilight effect: Older, better, lit like Wuthering Heights and Jane Eyre became cool again.

message 9: by Ryan (last edited Nov 21, 2011 03:43PM) (new)

Ryan (mksheppard) | 39 comments Fred herself is kind of nice, but the other characters in the books are kind of meh, as is the generalized plot of the books.

They're very light reads, with too many "shout-outs" to what is the hot cultural meme of the time of writing, like for example Deadwood by HBO.

message 10: by Howard (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 181 comments oliviasbooks wrote: "I love Fred, she is so wonderfully grumpy. But others - including my sister - were disappointed."

Fred was a hoot and I really missed her when the series was over. She was really grumpy - just like my wife. OMG! I married a mermaid!!