}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

The Books > The "Fins" Series by Tera Lynn Childs

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Garrett (last edited Nov 13, 2011 11:42AM) (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Post your opinions on Forgive My Fins,Fins Are Forever, and Just For Fins by Tera Lynn Childs below.
Forgive My Fins (Fins, #1) by Tera Lynn Childs Fins Are Forever (Fins, #2) by Tera Lynn Childs Just for Fins (Fins, #3) by Tera Lynn Childs

message 2: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
A bit too girly for my taste. Lacked depth and explosions of some sort.

Erica (storybookend) | 11 comments I really liked Forgive My Fins. It was a fun cute read.

message 4: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments I was vastly disappointed, because I had been waiting about a year for that book - the first ya mermaid title in agees to appear - and then it was just fluffy and predictable. Not really bad, but unspectacular.

message 5: by Emily, Merfreak & Tribute (new)

Emily (emilimcg) | 251 comments Mod
I agree. I mean I think I got too excited for it and so it wasn't as good as I hoped it would be. It wasn't a bad book though. I like books books that have deeper plot and emotion I guess.

message 6: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I won a copy of Fins Are Forever! Eek! Can't wait!

message 7: by Jeannie (last edited Jul 15, 2011 01:19AM) (new)

Jeannie (thegenie) | 42 comments I'm still waiting on the release of Fins Are Forever, but reading Forgive My Fins was really great! I agree that it rather was a little too girly, however, I love the characters the story had, especially Lily and Quince!! Adorable Pair!! The cousin Doe, can anyone say "bitchy"?!?! All in all, I loved the first book and can't wait for the second one!

message 8: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) My copy came today! I'm so excited! Can't wait to start it!

message 9: by Sailor Neptune (new)

Sailor Neptune I got the first one. It's a little too ABC Family movie for me. But good for a summer read :)

message 10: by Howard (last edited Jun 19, 2012 01:29PM) (new)

Howard Parsons (howardparsons) | 181 comments Amazon just announced pre-orders for Fins Are Forever. Needless to say, I was on the "Order Now" button like a duck on a June bug.

message 11: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Okay then. I might put that up on the blog. I still haven't read the second one yet, but they're cute little books.

message 12: by Zoraida (new)

Zoraida | 77 comments These are on top of my "summer reads" once I finish my edits for book2 ;)

message 13: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 15 comments i truly enjoyed the first book and loved the fluffy mcsoftness of it all. the 2nd book didn't really do it for me, but i'm still looking forward to the 3rd (and, i hope final book).