}~>O MERBOOKS: The Group For All Things Mermaid O<~{ discussion

Future Merbooks

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Just post about future/upcoming mermaid books below!

message 2: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Lost Voices!
I'm so excited over that one!

message 3: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Jackson Pearce, who wrote Sisters Red and Sweetly, is writing a book called FATHOMLESS, a modernization of The Little Mermaid. It won't be released until 2012 though. Read about it here, but there's not much info yet. http://watchmebe.livejournal.com/1984...

message 4: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 1021 comments Mod
Truthfully, I'm getting kind of tired of adaptions of the Little Mermaid. They are entertaining, but there are quite a few now.

message 5: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Guitar Chick-Dolly Dagger wrote: "Lost Voices!
I'm so excited over that one!"

Lol! Me, too! And Tempest Rising, that's the one I'm most looking forward to! And maybe Between the Sea and Sky!

message 6: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Guitar Chick-Dolly Dagger wrote: "Truthfully, I'm getting kind of tired of adaptions of the Little Mermaid. They are entertaining, but there are quite a few now."

Yeah, let's just hope this one is unique. Sisters Red is very different than Red Riding Hood, so we shall see. :D

message 7: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

I suppse.
Tempest Rising.... there's two of those now.
Between the Sea and Sky sounds like an interesting take never before told. It's on my watch-for list.

message 8: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Yeah, Tempest Rising was supposed to be called Rip Tide, don't know why it was changed.
And Between the Sea and Sky looks really awesome. I've never heard of a mermaid and winged dude love story before. The only thing that irks me is the mermaid's sister has the same name as a mermaid in another book that just came out recently.

message 9: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Yes the names are getting cliche'.
Which book had Tempest-the-stripper-name. I think it was Tempest Rising. Not sure.

message 10: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Yeah, it was Tempest Rising. Lol, that still makes me laugh every time. And I finally found the author's blog, and I'm going to try and snag an ARC book before the book's release date.

message 11: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

NOT IF I FIND IT FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well maybe not. I'm too lazy.

message 12: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Lol! I'm just glad I finally found her blog. The chick who wrote Lost Voice doesn't seem to have one. Turns out there's A LOT of Sarah Porters out there. :D

message 13: by oliviasbooks (last edited Dec 29, 2010 01:29PM) (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments Ugggh. I looked at the blog and linked it to her GR profile. And I found out that Deebs is a pseudonym of Tracy Wolff, a romance writer. That seems to be the "norm" nowadays: Making the hop from bodice-rippers to YA. I am sceptical now, although in the cases of Sophie Jordan and Kady Cross the switch worked out fine.

message 14: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Yeah, I noticed that, too. Hopefully, there won't be any mermaids getting ravished on the beach. Hopefully... :D

message 15: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

I second that. I hate bodice rippers.

message 16: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) I've never read one, but they've got the cheesiest title names. :D They make me laugh sometimes.

message 17: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

yes, that's so true. I see them a lot at my Grandmothers.

message 18: by Erica (storybookend) (last edited Mar 25, 2011 02:09PM) (new)

Erica (storybookend) | 11 comments There's a new mermaid book called Lies Beneath, comes out in 2012, and it looks really good!

message 19: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Awesome! Thanks for finding this book Erica!

Erica (storybookend) | 11 comments Spreading the mermaid love, that's what we're here for :)

message 22: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Zoraida wrote: "http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11..."

I've been waiting for this book for a while! I can't wait to read it, Zoraida!

Erica (storybookend) | 11 comments Sweet! Vicious Deep looks so good Zoraida, I'm so excited!!

message 24: by Emily, Merfreak & Tribute (new)

Emily (emilimcg) | 251 comments Mod
Guy POV Yay! It sounds awesome!

message 25: by Dana (new)

Dana (piyo) | 57 comments Definitely agree with the guy pov! I hadn't heard of this yet, but now I am totally looking forward to it!

message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne Brown (annegreenwoodbrown) | 10 comments Erica (daydreamer) wrote: "There's a new mermaid book called Lies Beneath, comes out in 2012, and it looks really good!"

Thanks for the shout out, Erica. I appreciate the support and hope you love LIES BENEATH as much as I do!

Erica (storybookend) | 11 comments You're welcome Anne! I can't wait to read it and tell everyone how much I love it and they have to read it :D

message 28: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Landsem (goodreadscomstephanie_landsem) Erica (daydreamer) wrote: "You're welcome Anne! I can't wait to read it and tell everyone how much I love it and they have to read it :D"

I was lucky enough to read LIES BENEATH early on - you will not be disappointed!

message 29: by Zoraida (new)

Zoraida | 77 comments thanks guys :)

message 30: by Karen (last edited Jul 17, 2011 07:55PM) (new)

Karen (karenhooper) | 101 comments Hi All!

Just wanted to let everyone know that my YA merfolk/selkie novel, Tangled Tides, is being published soon. Print version in spring of 2012, but Ebook will be released in November (at least that's when my publisher is shooting for).

Just signed the deal a couple weeks ago so I'm still all giddy. :)

message 31: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Oh my gosh, I just read the synopsis for your book, Karen, and it sounds awesome!!! I'm definitely going to be picking up a copy of this one!

message 32: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenhooper) | 101 comments *blushes* Thanks so much, Garrett. I hope it doesn't disappoint. :)

message 33: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

You should know I have an obssession with Selkies....

THANKS! Oddly enough, I picked a Karen to play a selkie the other day in my mind.

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenhooper) | 101 comments Oh, then you will love my book. Well, okay, you might not LOVE it, but I hope you'd like my unique twist on selkies.

And yay! I'd love to read about a selkie named Karen. ;)

message 35: by Dana (new)

Dana (piyo) | 57 comments Karen I'm also looking forward to your book! I read the summary and it sounds so interesting. Since I don't have an eReader, I'll have to wait til next year, but at least I have something to look forward to!

message 36: by Jeannie (new)

Jeannie (thegenie) | 42 comments Kris wrote: "The Mermaid Princess... has four 5 star reviews on amazon, good book!"

Who's the author of The Mermaid Princess? I've been trying to find that out for a while now, and there's a lot of authors with books that are titled "The Mermaid Princess".

Thanks ^^

message 37: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenhooper) | 101 comments Thank you, Dana! :) Yes, the printed version should be out in spring or early summer. I will let you know when the official release date is confirmed.

message 38: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Jeannie wrote: "Kris wrote: "The Mermaid Princess... has four 5 star reviews on amazon, good book!"

Who's the author of The Mermaid Princess? I've been trying to find that out for a while now, and there's a lot o..."

The author of the Mermaid Princess is Kris Rivers. If you do read it, let me know what you think, I've been eyeing that one! :)

message 39: by Maari (new)

Maari (mergrl) | 11 comments Guitar Chick wrote: "Truthfully, I'm getting kind of tired of adaptions of the Little Mermaid. They are entertaining, but there are quite a few now."

i agree!

message 40: by Maari (new)

Maari (mergrl) | 11 comments ive heard a rumor they might make a sequal to Everblue this year.

message 41: by Maari (new)

Maari (mergrl) | 11 comments Garrett wrote: "Jeannie wrote: "Kris wrote: "The Mermaid Princess... has four 5 star reviews on amazon, good book!"
Who's the author of The Mermaid Princess? I've been trying to find that out for a while now, a..."

ive read the mermaid princess on my Nook it is very good. it makes you think about the charictars in a whole different light!

message 42: by Garrett (new)

Garrett (garrettgoodreads) Maari wrote: "ive heard a rumor they might make a sequal to Everblue this year."

Yep, there's going to be a sequel. Here's the link to it, as well as the cover: Evergreen (Mer Tales, book #2) by Brenda Pandos

message 43: by Emily, Merfreak & Tribute (new)

Emily (emilimcg) | 251 comments Mod
It's a good thing I liked the story enough from the first book to read the second, because I never would based on that cover :/

message 44: by Randi, Movies, Music, Merpeople (new)

Yeah, I don't like the cover much either. Looks really tribal and earthy and not mermaid-y.

message 45: by Anne (new)

Anne Brown (annegreenwoodbrown) | 10 comments Those of you interested in pre-ordering DEEP BETRAYAL (sequel to Lies Beneath), now's the time - tons of prizes going out, including E-reader. Hope to see you on my site! http://annegreenwoodbrown.com/paper-c...

Bonnie (A Backwards Story) (abackwardsstory) | 25 comments You guys, I just heard about September Girls by Bennett Madison, which has mermaids! *adds to wishlist*

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16...

message 47: by Heather (new)

Heather McLaren | 41 comments Hi everyone! It took me a while, but I think I got the hang of this comment in the right place thing down. I just love mermaids and it's nice to see others who love them as much! Deep Betrayal, Merminia, Lies Beneath are just a few of my upcoming summer must reads.

Mythos is still due to come out in August of 2013, and from the looks of things in here people like selkies. That's good because Mythos has mers, selkies, and sea demons. It's only the first book in the Mer Chronicles (there's six in all) so I'll be living and breathing mermaids for the next five years! lol

message 48: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments Bonnie at wrote: "You guys, I just heard about September Girls by Bennett Madison, which has mermaids! *adds to wishlist*

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16..."

Bonnie, I love that cover!!!

Bonnie (A Backwards Story) (abackwardsstory) | 25 comments Isn't it gorgeous, Olivia? I saw it listed as an upcoming galley and my mouth dropped. I HAVE to read this!!!

message 50: by oliviasbooks (new)

oliviasbooks | 261 comments I immediatly placed the cover among my top five on Listopia (Beautiful Covers of 2013). It's overwelmingly pretty. Thank you for discovering it.

« previous 1