The Children of Man Official Group discussion

Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Mock | 25 comments Mod
I know many people are anxiously awaiting the release of "Render" the second book in the Children of Man series. In the meantime, this board exists in order for people to discuss the characters, magic, and just about anything relating to the world of the Children of Man.

Go ahead and introduce yourself in this thread and please remember to always keep your comments clean and respectful!

Elizabeth

message 2: by Carryl (new)

Carryl Durnell (CarrylD) | 1 comments Just finished reading Shatter today - haven't been able to put it down much, so only took me 3 days (around working, sleeping etc). Absolutely blown away and heart-rent. Am wishing time to hurry up to continue the story in Render (and wishing like crazy for a small miracle for Sammi, although I realise that would be impossible).

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Thanks so much, Carryl! I'm so glad that you enjoyed my story. :) I'm working ceaselessly to get "Render" out there soon!

Best wishes,
Elizabeth

message 4: by Vichy (new)

Vichy (vichys) | 1 comments Hi:))

I finished Render today and I seem to be stuck in its world. I simply can not start another book at the moment. Faela, Kade and their friends are so charming! May I dare ask when is the 3rd book expected to be published? :))

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Hi, Vichy!

Thank you so much! I completely understand the feeling. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed my story. Unfortunately, there is no release date yet set for Forge. Thanks so much for reading!

Elizabeth

message 6: by Krisha (new)

Krisha | 4 comments Ooooohhhh noooooo! Finished reading Render today, having bought it immediately on finishing Shatter, and was horrified to get to the end and find there is no next book yet! Life is on hold till Forge is ready!
I've lost myself in the world of Faella, Kade and Sheridan - maybe Faella's mind magic got me?!

message 7: by Elizabeth (new)

Hi, Krisha! You'll have to excuse me if your longing for Forge warms my heart. :D I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories! Any favorite parts or characters?

message 8: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 3 comments Hi All,

My name is Fiona and I love the world of Shatter and Render... I got Render and finished it in a few days...

The new book is called Forge??? Oh I cannot wait - am soooo impatient to get back to Feala's world - in fact I had to re-read Shatter before I got Render - **sigh** please please hurry Elizabeth

message 9: by Krisha (new)

Krisha | 4 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Hi, Krisha! You'll have to excuse me if your longing for Forge warms my heart. :D I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories! Any favorite parts or characters?"

I really like Kade (my hero), and I'd like to know Sheridan a bit better - one of those maddenly energeticly strong people! Caleb and Talise are a fab couple - would love to be in a marriage like that (mine's a bit more traditional!).
I feel for Faella even with her frustrating delay with Kade(!). I love all the goodies and hate the baddies and have unending irritation for the misguided ones like Eve!
My favourite parts... the whole series so far blends into one favourite part that made it impossible to focus on anything else while I read! Amazing, loved it, can't wait for Forge, and if you want to add another trilogy to tell the part after Forge, that would be great! ;)

message 10: by Amber (new)

Amber Gordon (ambergordon02) | 7 comments Hi Everyone,

My name is Amber and I'm a book geek. I love a good book that takes me into its story and keeps me interested. Shatter & Render both fell into these two categories. I too found myself lost in their stories and pulled into their world. Words can not describe how much I love this series and I can not wait until Forge comes out (PLEASE HURRY---But dont rush...;)

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2 comments Hey, everyone!My name is Lynn, and I am about 80 pages from the end of Render! Love the series, can't get enough! At the beginning of this year I set a goal to read 100 books, I am happy to say then Render, (when I finish it tonight) will be the 100th book I've read this year. Very happy to have found Shatter for my Nook! Would have never found this author/series if not for the Nook!!Here's hoping for the third book soon!!

message 12: by Elizabeth (new)

Fiona wrote: "Hi All,

My name is Fiona and I love the world of Shatter and Render... I got Render and finished it in a few days...

The new book is called Forge??? Oh I cannot wait - am soooo impatient t..."

Hi, Fiona! So glad you've joined us! I promise to work hard to bring Forge to you in a more timely manner than it took me with Render. Render was just... hard. For a multitude of reasons. Read: sophomore novels are the devil. I will be releasing a short story about Caleb & Talise in a few days. :D

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Krisha wrote: "Elizabeth wrote: "Hi, Krisha! You'll have to excuse me if your longing for Forge warms my heart. :D I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories! Any favorite parts or characters?"

I really like Kade ..."

Yay! Those reactions PLEASE me. :D I love to hear that people love Sheridan, because she's one of my favorite characters. If you love Caleb & Talise, the short story I'm releasing should be right up your alley. It's about how they first met. I'm releasing it in a few days!

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Amber wrote: "Hi Everyone,

My name is Amber and I'm a book geek. I love a good book that takes me into its story and keeps me interested. Shatter & Render both fell into these two categories. I too found myself..."

I, too, am a book geek, Amber. Unashamedly. I lost the last four days to Lindsay Buroker's Emperor's Edge series. They're raucous good fun adventures.

You're going to make me blush. It just tickles me to hear that people like my story and my world. :)

message 15: by Elizabeth (new)

Lynn wrote: "Hey, everyone!My name is Lynn, and I am about 80 pages from the end of Render! Love the series, can't get enough! At the beginning of this year I set a goal to read 100 books, I am happy to say th..."

Yay! I'm so humbled to be your 100th read this year. :D I wish I had more time for reading and needed to do less grading. I'm excited to reach my goal of 24. >_< My high school self is ashamed. I used to consume books at an alarming rate back then. Let us know what you think after you finish Render!

message 16: by Elizabeth (new)

By the by, feel free to comment in any of the threads or create brand new ones! *hides behind the couch and peers at the message board in a completely non-creepy way--completely*

message 17: by Katie (new)

Katie | 4 comments I'm Katie and I've been stalking Elizabeth (Lis?) and therefore the Children of Man series on Twitter for quite a while. I've really loved watching this story grow along with its author! It's such an amazing transformation to see, especially in someone teaching our youth.

I find Mireya particularly heartwarming, I think she's my favorite. I loved her evolution from a dreamy child to a strong and powerful woman. I'd say she sort of reminds me of myself (ugh, that's horribly self absorbed), but I don't know if I could ever take on my challenges quite like she takes on hers. Well done Ms. Mock!

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily Hello all! I love to read, always have. I'm one of those people that can tune out what's going on around me when I have a good book which growing up drove my mom crazy and now annoys my husband. Although, I cant tune out my baby boy. Render got me through some rough nights of little sleep with a newborn.
I'm a visual learner (special ed teacher-so I'm into learning styles) and the descriptions in this.book are perfect. Allows me to "see " the landscape without too many details nothing it down, perfect balance.

message 19: by Amber (new)

Amber Gordon (ambergordon02) | 7 comments Emily wrote: "Hello all! I love to read, always have. I'm one of those people that can tune out what's going on around me when I have a good book which growing up drove my mom crazy and now annoys my husband. Al..."

I think that is one of my favortie things about the way Elizabeth writes...she paints it so we can "SEE" it...I love that.

Hang in there wit hthe lack of sleep my daughter used to be the same way....it jsut takes time and sometimes some tough love.

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn | 2 comments Amazing!!! I did manage to finish Render last night! Let me just say I love Jair!!! Wait, I love them all!! Eagerly awaiting Forge. What to read next????? I'm sure I will find something!

message 21: by Richard (new)

Richard | 2 comments I too am waiting impatiently for Forge.
I downloaded Shatter onto my Kindle out of idle curiosity (sorry) and was immediately hooked.
Having finished Shatter I immediately purchased Render and loved it.
I too live in hope for a miracle for little Sammi.

message 22: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Heath (orheathgirl) | 1 comments Hi Carolyn from Oregon here!
I just finished Render this morning at 3:30am which by all conventional thinking dubs me a book geek as well! I absolutely love this series! Let's see....here are some factoids about myself: I'm 33 and have 3 kids ages 14,11 & 7, I am a full time college student(figured it was time for a re-do after a half-baked attempt 10 years ago), I have a hard time ever finishing anything I start and I absolutely love, love, love books and believe if I don't get to make a living doing something with books I might just die.

I am so impressed by your complicated, yet easy to understand, yet super unravelable story lines. I am in love with all of your characters for every flaw in their personality that makes them so human and at the same time so heroic. The ultimate contradiction which I personally strive for as a supermom ;)
I really can't wait for Eve to make her move. I can feel her confusion and doubt overpowering her absolute devotion and trust to The Orders and even though Faela has overcome tremendous betrayal, Eve is the one who I believe is going to have the biggest/hardest fight on her hands. Get a girl like that all riled up and whoo--watch out!
I am so very excited for Forge and can't thank you enough for sharing your talent and imagination with us!!

message 23: by Terry (new)

Terry (tear59) | 2 comments My name is Terry and I loved both books and the short story of Children of man. OTOH I'm waiting patiently, because I don't want you to over stress or burn yourself out. Thanks for starting this little group here to explain magic and other things in your book.

message 24: by Griffin (new)

Griffin John (Packscrat) | 2 comments Hello, John here. I originally stumbled upon Shatter while waiting for another author to catch up to my voracious appetite for skillfully woven words. I quickly found myself tagging along with Faella and the others, sharing in their triumphs and tragedies

message 25: by Griffin (new)

Griffin John (Packscrat) | 2 comments (Thrice darkness-cursed poppers with hiccups! Would it KILL them to give a little WARNING?? Anyways...)... From Shatter we journeyed to Render with a quick little side-trip to visit The Luthier of Keman and I must say my favorite character thusfar is a tie between Miryella and Talise :). For now all I can do is to await the next leg of our journey with my new friends and to offer you my sincerest gratitude for introducing me to such a wonderful world and such endearing characters... :)

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lindsay Buroker (other topics)