Hunger Games Trilogy discussion

The Hunger Games Books > Choosing a District

Comments Showing 1-50 of 287 (287 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 7 comments My question is that if you had too choose a district to live in which one would it be? All of the Districts have ups and downs, but which one is the best?

message 2: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 275 comments I like 4..you learn how to swim and tie knots, and you'd be in the company of the lovely Finnik Odair.

Braden A.K.A B-Ballin (b-ballin) | 26 comments Its a tough decison, but i think id choose 10. Because livestock is AMAZING! Who wouldnt want to work with animals all day? Maybe its just my FFA/pig shower side coming out.

message 4: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 7 comments well, the people in district 11 and 12 seem to be the most decent, but obviously 11 and 12 aren't very good places to live. Although I would not want to be in a career district.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Idk what I'd pick cause each are different but i wouldn't pick the career districts. But other than knowing that idk what district I would pick

message 7: by Anika (last edited Dec 28, 2010 05:41PM) (new)

Anika | 329 comments I like the idea of living in District 10, because I love animals! But District 5 is just livestock so I wouldn't mind living there too. And 9 because I would love to have hunting skills, they can come in handy if i'm ever in The Hunger Games.

message 8: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 7 comments I'm impressed by whoever wrote that link. It was very detailed and informative. I have decided that I would live in district 13. Though I would hate to be under Coins authority, I would be part of the rebellion

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I agree I really liked it they did t miss anyone or anything

message 10: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Laura  | 778 comments Mod
Can I live in the Capitol? I'm too well fed to be from anywhere else and I have access to the internet and full-time electricity. And I don't want to have to risk being in the Games. So.

message 11: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

It's true!
But I guess if I technically have to choose a District (Capitol and Wilds not included) I'd choose District 3. I love computers too much.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup she really needs it lol

message 13: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Barbara ,wise crouton chopper wrote: "laura will still have acces to goodreads lol"

Then you people need to be in District 3 with me or you wouldn't have access to Goodreads either ;____;

Or I could just develop a secret program where everyone gets these little phone-like devices that are relatively undetectable---
WAIT. (Sorry, my thoughts trailed off)
Do you ever think a tribute brought a cell phone as a token?

message 14: by Priya (new)

Priya Sethi | 23 comments actually no!! lol i doubt they had THEM!!

message 15: by Kaya (last edited Dec 29, 2010 03:58PM) (new)

Kaya | 7 comments I think you would be more concerned with what your next meal will be than check your Goodreads account.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

LMFAO that would be soo funny

message 17: by Gabry (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) Barbara ,wise crouton chopper wrote: "http://phoenixdragonwing.deviantart.c...

heres a link that shows wat each district does for ya."

The problem with this map is that it only shows the US, not all of North America.

But I'd choose District 3 or 4.

Anyways, XD Heh! That would be hilarious.

message 18: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Kaya wrote: "I think you would be more concerned with what your next meal will be than check your Goodreads account."

You don't know me. XD

message 19: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 7 comments oh really?

message 20: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Nah, jk. You have a good point there. I would choose food over goodreads. :)

message 21: by Kaya (new)

Kaya | 7 comments good choice.

message 22: by Anthony (new)

Anthony  (anthonyprince) | 4 comments i would pick either district 1 or 7.

1 because it seems like they're treated the best out of all twelve (thirteen) districts. And i also have a certain fondness for the career districts so that may be another reason

7 because i love the woods and i think it would be cool to be a sort of lumberjack type tribute like Johanna Mason

(and if i picked a third one, then it would be district 4 because of the ocean and fishing)

message 23: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 275 comments Apparently District 9 are Hunters.
That'd be handy for the Games.

message 24: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

It would...but why would they hunt? And if they are hunters, why is it that District 9ers hardly ever team up with the Careers? I mean, they'd be extremely valuable and it's safe to say not all of the 9 tributes ever kept their dignity and didn't join the Careers.

If you already have agriculture (11) and livestock (10) and seafood (4) why would you need any more food?
Unless they hunt for candy or something.

message 25: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 275 comments That would be a valuable use of their time, especially if I lived there. :P
I don't get how they can be hunters and food processors, yet the tributes both die at the cornocopia

message 26: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Maybe they're a district for processing different kinds of glass, plastics, and metals...

message 27: by Mairead (new)

Mairead | 275 comments It said food processing and hunting on every website I checked.
I was researching it. :D

message 28: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess I would want to live in The Capitol.
But if thats not aloud, I would choose District Four-They are well off, enough food, and I live swimming :)
Plus, there is a good chance I wont be competing in the games, since the careers would volunteer.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah lol

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Definitely 4. :)

message 31: by Shay (new)

Shay Lily*there's a walrus in front of me!* wrote: "Definitely 4. :)"

I totally agree with you!!!! Finnick all the way!!!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh yeah!!!!!

message 33: by Anika (last edited Jan 17, 2011 04:51PM) (new)

Anika | 329 comments I hate the ocean, its so big and you don't know whats down there. It's really freaky. And I don't like being on boats too :)

message 34: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

I love the ocean (cuz I can't see the bottom), but I hate lakes where you can see huge weeds/water plant things about 3 feet down and then it just gets murky. Creeps me out. *eyetwitch*

message 35: by Shay (new)

Shay ive seen a leech in a lake before... they are NASTY!!

message 36: by Anika (new)

Anika | 329 comments The ocean is a beautiful place but I just hate how deep it is and there are some freaky creatures out there lol :)

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

The ocean is amazing.

message 38: by Sara (new)

Sara | 3 comments District 12 sounds the best. I would say 11 they have harsh peacekeepers. 12 seem to have a well knit community and they seem to learn key skills for survival in the arena. If it were guaranteed that I'd never have to go into the arena, I'd choose District One. They just seem the most well off.

message 39: by Elena (new)

Elena | 537 comments I would want district 3 since all the others seem to be either laborious, dirty work or having to do with animals and killing them...

message 40: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (new)

Same here, I'd want to be in 3.

message 41: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (nocturnal_owlette) I would also want to be in district 3, so i could try out all the latest technology/ electronics.

message 42: by Elena (new)

Elena | 537 comments and to be with Bee Tee :)

message 43: by Gabry (last edited Mar 10, 2011 08:25PM) (new)

Gabry (gabyhd) Hmmmm, District 4 so I can be where I live in now or epic district 3?

*ponders* DISTRICT 3 to clone myself and so it will be ~equal~ /not going to happen

message 44: by Madeleine (new)

Madeleine (maddie_grace) | 35 comments 3 or 12... 12 is where all the AWESOME people are, Katniss, Peeta, GALE!

message 45: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (alexisk) I would want to be in district 12 cuz the peace keepers (weren't) that harsh like district 11. and NO career districts for me!

message 46: by Elena (new)

Elena | 537 comments Gabrielle (nomes) wrote: "Hmmmm, District 4 so I can be where I live in now or epic district 3?

*ponders* DISTRICT 3 to clone myself and so it will be ~equal~ /not going to happen"

i like your pondering thoughts lol

message 47: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
Pondering thoughts are good.

message 48: by Kallan (new)

Kallan | 1 comments o god...um...none? haha i guess if i had to choose i'd pick 8...maybe? idk, i think that eight makes clothes, and that seems simple. plus it's not too close to the capitol, but it's not as poor as district 12

message 49: by Jia, " Snow: 'Katniss. I. Am. Your. Father.' " (new)

Jia | 1342 comments Mod
I dunno where I'd belong. Shrug.

message 50: by Laura , shut up and eat your pears (last edited Apr 16, 2011 02:11PM) (new)

I took this quiz and apparently I'm from District 13.
I always fancied myself as District 7 or 3, though. :3

« previous 1 3 4 5 6