75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2011 Challenge) > Christy's 2011 Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 75 (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 2010 was my first year on the challenge and I was surprised that I was able to easily reach 75. Here's hoping I can keep up the pace in 2011!

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) My first two of the year.

1. Undercover 3 stars

2. Sins of a Highland Devil - 4 stars - This was a first reads winner that I very much enjoyed. It's an HR that has a bit of the mystic/fantasy thrown in. I'm looking forward to the remainder of the series (which don't even have release dates yet).

message 3: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1593 comments Christy wrote: "2010 was my first year on the challenge and I was surprised that I was able to easily reach 75. Here's hoping I can keep up the pace in 2011!"

Same here, Christy. I know I won't be reading as ferociously as I was to start last year, but I also hit my goal in August and then fizzled the rest of the year. Hoping I can keep a slow and steady pace this year to reach my 75.

Good luck!

message 4: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Charleen wrote: "Christy wrote: "2010 was my first year on the challenge and I was surprised that I was able to easily reach 75. Here's hoping I can keep up the pace in 2011!"

Same here, Christy. I know I won't ..."

Thanks Charleen! Good luck to you as well!

message 5: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 3. Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor - 4 Stars - This was a very hartwarming romance novel from Lisa Kleypas. I just wish I had gotten it from the library before Christmas!

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 4. The Darkest Kiss - 3 stars

5. The Darkest Pleasure - 3 stars

Both of these are part of the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter. Enjoyable easy to read fantasy/romance books.

message 7: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 6. The Darkest Passion - 4 stars. Great entry to this series.

message 8: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 7. The Bridal Quest 4 stars - better than the 1st in this series in my opinion.

8. The Most Wicked of Sins - 4 stars - Caskie has such a wonderful sense of humor in these books. Very enjoyable HR series so far.

message 9: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Andrea | 4124 comments Mod
Christy, you are really in the groove!

message 10: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) I know! I've been taking a bit of a holiday from TV/Movies because I've found recently I'm not liking what's on enough to want to watch, so instead I'm reading a lot. I'm still recording and they are piling up on the DVR, so its likely I'll probably go back in the other direction if I start to watch and like what I see!

message 11: by Christy (last edited Jan 17, 2011 07:20PM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) 10. Catching Fire - 5 stars

I've already started the final book in this series. I was up very late last night, but just couldn't make it through before I had to go to sleep. I can't wait to make it home tonight to finish this one up.

message 12: by Christy (last edited Jan 17, 2011 07:21PM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) 11. Mockingjay - 5 stars

What a wonderful ending to this entrancing story.

message 13: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 12. A Hellion in Her Bed - 4 stars

Great entry in this series. I really enjoyed both the male and female leads. They had wonderful chemistry together.

message 14: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Wooohooo for #12! i can't get over how many books our little group has already read this year.

message 15: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) I know right! I think the new year has really motivated people to get reading. I personally have been sucked in by several good series, which once I start I devour as quickly as possible.

message 16: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I have so many good books going that I keep bouncing back and forth only making little dents in eash one..haha

message 17: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 13. Simply Sinful - 4 star

message 18: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 14. Simply Shameless - 4 stars

15. Simply Wicked - 3.5 stars

16. Simply Insatiable - 4 stars

message 19: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 17. Inside Out - 3 stars.

message 20: by Christy (last edited Feb 06, 2011 04:20PM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) February Books

18. The Wedding Challenge

19. The Courtship Dance

Last 2 books in this series from Candace Camp. I thought that these were actually the strongest entries in the series. Looking forward to reading more from Candace Camp.

message 21: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) After a couple loooong weeks at work, I've finally gotten time to updating! Fingers crossed I'll have time to read this week too.

20. Insatiable

21. Wicked

message 22: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Doing great Christy! I hate when work makes me too busy to read at night...lol

message 23: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) It sucks, but I've got to work in order to keep buying those books. Hopefully now that my colleague isn't going to travel for a while and we have a new team member joining us in a couple weeks things will get back to a 40 hour work week.

message 24: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

You're right Christy! Just think of how many extra books you can buy with all the extra hours you worked!..hahah Besides, it's cold and not fun out there, better now than in the summer!

message 26: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 25. Wicked Intentions - Decent HR. I'll probably keep on with the series.

message 27: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 26. Hex Hall - 4 stars
Very enjoyable YA book about a witch who gets sent to a boarding school for the supernatural who misbehave. Looking forward to the follow up which is on it's way from Amazon now!

message 28: by Christy (new)

message 30: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Only 43 to go Christy!

message 31: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Andrea wrote: "Only 43 to go Christy!"

Thanks Andrea! I can't believe there are already people who have finished. It's making feel WAY behind on my reading.

message 33: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) Totally forgot that I read Happy Ever After in May!

message 34: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Christy, you are right on track girl! Well, maybe just 5 books behind you can easily keep this pace and finish out in the next 6 months!

message 35: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) July Books

Had a great weekend of reading so far!

36. This Duchess of Mine - ****
37. A Duke of Her Own - ****
A satisfying conclusion to this Eloisa James series.

38. Sweet Persuasion
39. The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake - *** I've just finished this one and I'm still deciding what to think. Magical realism generally isn't my thing, but there were parts of this one that I really enjoyed. That being said I wanted a bit more from the conclusion. I feel like this ended a bit abruptly for me.

message 36: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake was a weird book...lol I really liked it Christy, but the chair thing just had me stumped. I also know other poeple who read it and liked it a lot up to that point and then were just stumped...lol

message 37: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) That's pretty much where she lost me. Up until then I was behind the idea but then when he started turning into a chair it felt like the start of a completely different story. Overall a decent book. I wanted a bit more development for Rose, I really wanted to see how she ended up living with her gift. I probably would have enjoyed it more if the entire chair storyline was eliminated...

A strange one.

message 38: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

Agree 100% hahaha

message 39: by Christy (last edited Jul 23, 2011 01:03PM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) It's been great to actually do some catching up! I'm still a bit behind on my goal for the year but at least I'm reading again. :)

40. Primal 3*
41. Mesmerized 3*
42. Texas Destiny 4* - great start to the series. Looking forward to reading more.
43. Navarro's Promise 3*

message 40: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1593 comments Christy wrote: "It's been great to actually do some catching up! I'm still a bit behind on my goal for the year but at least I'm reading again. :)

40. Primal 3*
41. Mesmerized 3*
4..."

Seems a lot of time reading goes in spurts, so I wouldn't worry about it if you get behind a little.

message 41: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I'm a spurty kind of reader too!

message 42: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 44. Sugar and Spice 3* I wasn't as fond of this one as I was of the original book in the series, but overall it was a satisfying ending to the trilogy.

message 43: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 45.Midnight Pleasures 3.5 *
46. Laird of the Mist 4* This was my first HR from Paula Quinn and I very much enjoyed it. Looking forward to reading the rest of this series.
47. The Help 4* I put reading this one off forever and finally read it because it was selected by my book club. I'm glad I finally read it. It was much better than I anticipated. I'm always afraid of things set in the south because often times it is painted in a very unflattering light but this felt very authentic and not overdone at all.

message 44: by Christy (new)

Christy (christy_t) 48. Texas Glory 4 stars. Another amazing entry in this series. I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends! I wish I already had a copy of the book.

message 45: by Christy (last edited Sep 03, 2011 12:10PM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) August Books:

49. Tempted By A Warrior 3*
50. My Seduction 3 *
51. The Scent of Jasmine 3*
52. When Beauty Tamed the Beast 3.5 *
53. Just Like Heaven 4*
54. Ravished by a Highlander 3*
55. What A Gentleman Wants 4*
56. What A Rogue Desires 4*
57. The Lady Most Likely...: A Novel in Three Parts 4*

Lots of mind candy this month. My goal for this month is to expand my reading genres. :)

message 46: by Christy (last edited Sep 03, 2011 12:10PM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) September Books:

58. Duchess in Love 4*

message 47: by Charleen (new)

Charleen (charleenlynette) | 1593 comments Christy wrote: "Lots of mind candy this month. My goal for this month is to expand my reading genres. :)"

Good goal. It's so easy to fall into a reading rut.

message 48: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

I used to fall into ruts all the time especially just reading women authors of contemporary fiction. I've done better in expanding what I read but at times I find it to easy to his a genre rut...lol

message 49: by Christy (last edited Sep 25, 2011 09:01AM) (new)

Christy (christy_t) 59. Notorious Pleasures 3*
60. Texas Splendor 3*
61. Uncommon Criminals 4* - another excellent entry in this series. I love Kat!

Haven't really succeeded with expanding my reading genres. Oh well, it can be a goal for next month too.

message 50: by Andrea, Moderator (new)

There is always next month!..hahaha

« previous 1