Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Do you watch opening credit sequences? Do you stay through the end credits?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I have a number of close acquaintances who forward through any credit sequence at the beginning of a movie. This irritates me since they often impart important information (imp imp inf for short) and also since they are often done artistically and there are musical cues behind them and it seems like part of the movie experience.

End credits? I will sit in a theater and watch all the way through if any of the following are true:
a)I think there will be a secret scene at the end
b)The music is really good
c)I'm looking for a particular name or song

If we're watching on TV I'll probably use IMDB to look since the type generally gets too small.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments This is an interesting set of questions.

1. Whether or not I watch the opening credits depends on how long they are and the nature of the movie. If the credits are just abstract graphics I tend to fast forward until I see the director's name, which seems to be the sign the movie is about to start.

2. I'll stay if I hear a secret scene is there or if at the start of the end credits they show outtakes or extra scenes. Otherwise, fuck it, I'm out to beat traffic and I often have to pee.

message 3: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments You can't really avoid the opening credits without the risk of missing part of the movie itself.

Ever since Ferris Bueller I always watch the credits through the very end. May as well, especially since most people are crowding out the door as soon as the credits start. And I like to see the song info.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I often let Zu drag me out the door, even when I have a strong feeling I should stay. Then I have to watch the whole movie again later to see a thirty second scene.

message 5: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
If I really love a movie I will stay all the way to the end, sigh, and then stand up.

message 6: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I want to see every minute of the movie.

The other night, we were at the neighbors to watch Bright Star. Mr. Neighbor was fiddling with getting the disk to play, and actually started the movie while everyone was still moving around, getting stuff to nibble on and drink, and talking. It really irritated me, because we ended up not being able to hear the first couple of minutes of the movie.

I hate when that happens.

message 7: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments What Sarah Pi said

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Oh me too larry.

message 9: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Larry, I saw Bright Star yesterday, too! How did you like it? I loved it.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I stay until the bitter end. And I want to really watch the movie, if it's the first time I've seen it, not talk and eat and socialize.

message 11: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Southern Fried Britt wrote: "Larry, I saw Bright Star yesterday, too! How did you like it? I loved it."

I liked it a lot. The photography was brilliant. Acting was pretty good, too.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Jackie "the Librarian" wrote: "I stay until the bitter end. And I want to really watch the movie, if it's the first time I've seen it, not talk and eat and socialize."

That's why when we go to outdoor movies or friends' houses, I tend to recommend things we've seen.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I do that, too, Sarah.

message 14: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments RandomAnthony wrote: "This is an interesting set of questions.

1. Whether or not I watch the opening credits depends on how long they are and the nature of the movie. If the credits are just abstract graphics I tend..."

There's really that much traffic outside your theater that you have to leave early to "beat it?"

message 15: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart I don't like watching movies with my mom because having a DVR has really spoiled her. She'll start watching a movie, and then she'll pause, put a load of clothes in the washer. Come back, watch some more, pause, start messing about in her room. Come back, watch, pause, clean the kitchen, and so on.

If someone is watching a movie with her, she does the same thing, except without the pauses, and it drives me nuts. I'm like, "Ma! You're missing everything!"

She tried to watch Inception like this, and I told her she couldn't do that with this movie. She and my uncle didn't particularly care for it; they didn't finish it. My mom didn't know what was going on, and my uncle thought Ariadne was too nosy, and that was pissing him off.

message 16: by Jammies (new)

Jammies I'm with Larry and Jax, I want to watch the whole movie all the way through. Plus, in the theater, I'd rather stay comfy and watch the end credits while people like BaconBoy over there swarm the exits. ;)

message 17: by Sally, la reina (new)

We've talked about this maybe two years ago, but I still say if a movie is on, shut the fuck up!

message 18: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart ...I like talking during movies....

message 19: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments psst, Britt - we can sit together. Bad movies like Van Helsing, we're like beavis and butthead around here.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I don't mind talking during movies we watch at home. My whole family does it and I'm used to it. However, I do keep my mouth shut at the movie theater.

message 21: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "I have a number of close acquaintances who forward through any credit sequence at the beginning of a movie. This irritates me since they often impart important information (imp imp inf for short) a..."

Mah tah!

message 22: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Mah tah.

message 23: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1107 comments Larry wrote: "Mah tah."

:D

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Mai Tai.

message 25: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments My tie.

message 26: by Mary JL (new)

Mary JL (maryjl) | 250 comments I sit and let all the crowd rush out; so I stay while the end credits are playing. Then I can get up and leave without fear of being knocked down by somebody rushing like crazy!

At home, if I have seen the movie before, I will fast forward thru the credits--unless I like the music.

message 27: by James (new)

James (m0gb0y74) | 54 comments After seeing the racoons after the credits in 'The Great Outdoors' I regularly stay until the end or if at home fast-forward to the end as you never know what you may miss.

message 28: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audrey_g) | 8 comments I watch whole shabang - don't want to miss a single moment in a good film. If it's a bad film, not so much.

message 29: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) If I watch the end credits it's usually because I'm looking for the name or singer of a particular song. I discovered The Prodigy by staying through the end credits of Event Horizon--best part of the whole movie, IMO.

message 30: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Sarah Pi wrote: "I have a number of close acquaintances who forward through any credit sequence at the beginning of a movie. This irritates me since they often impart important information (imp imp inf for short) a..."

I agree with your comments on beginning and end credits. I will also sit through end credits if the film struck me in such a way that I need to think about what I just watched before leaving the theater.

message 31: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments My kids insist on sitting through the closing credits which is alright with me since it gives me a few extra minutes of shut-eye.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.