Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by StoryWeaver (new)

StoryWeaver | 430 comments Mod
....End The

!Splat
!lifetime a take to seemed fall The.
!jumped He

(It was like hitting the rewind at 32X speed on his portable DvD player...)

! wallet his under note the tucked He

!note the reread He

.ledge window the to next table the on wallet his placed He

message 2: by StoryWeaver (new)

.window the to walked Jeff eyes his in tears With

(Why had it gone so wrong! Why couldn't he just bear to live with it!)

.room the entered Jeff

message 3: by Akanksha (last edited Dec 28, 2010 09:09AM) (new)

Akanksha  Singh (akankshasingh92) | 122 comments (Everything here reminded him of her but it didn't matter anymore)
.house the entered and door the on lock the with fumbled He
.face his down ran Tears
.rain the into out walked and pocket his into note the shoved He

message 4: by StoryWeaver (last edited Dec 29, 2010 06:28AM) (new)

(If only she had been driving a bit more carefully)

! baby your nor wife your save neither could We !

!sorry very so am I

.news the broke doctor the as statue a like up stiffened up He

message 5: by Meenakshi (last edited Dec 29, 2010 01:51AM) (new)

Meenakshi (mcoolshi) | 55 comments .excruciating less little a be could head his in pain the only if them of thinking stopped have not would He
.stop to him for hard really hard was it but himself control to tried He
.puked He
.revolve him around world the saw He
.blurred was vision His

message 6: by StoryWeaver (new)

!!? safety road and rules traffic learn never kids Will
!serious too be not injuries internal her let please, God

message 7: by Meenakshi (last edited Dec 29, 2010 06:20AM) (new)

Meenakshi (mcoolshi) | 55 comments .call phone a was there then and
.up Jeff woke phone ringing The
.heavy felt head His
.failed but hands his move to tried He
.open eyes his keep to him for difficult was It
.again them shut He

message 8: by StoryWeaver (last edited Dec 29, 2010 06:17AM) (new)

.sleep deep a into fell promptly and bed to himself dragged he as cursed He
! day hectic crazy of hell One

("myself back drive I'll worry Don't
"! you for surprise big a got I've" - fridge the on note wife's his Read )

!dinner miss to had that of top On.

! boss his for errands run to expected was He.

!overworked was he is it As

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 29, 2010 07:41PM) (new)

(car his into gets he)
(slowly driving)
".tommorow...be may"
".today for plans no"
".yaar tired too but"
".today dinner for out family my take to have i.refreshment some for out been had we,..time long a been had it "..(himself to talks ...thoughts his in immersed)
"?!surprise the what's " ,himself to says he
"possible as soon as home come ,tonight surprise a have you"
(.mobile wife's his from recieved message voice the opens)
phone the says, ".message voice a have you"

message 10: by StoryWeaver (new)

(he thinks with deep sadness...How I wish I could have this moment of time back again)

A sudden blinding flash of light..and then pure darkness......

"You have a voice message" His phone says
He opens the voice message from his wife :" You have a surprise tonight, come home as soon as possible"

He remembers they'd been wanting to take a break for a long time a go out for dinner. He picks up the phone and dials his wife's number

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

keek..keek...keek..keek..."the number you are trying to reach is currently unavailable,please call again later."
"if you are a vodafone customer press * to leave a voice sms,thank you"
(and the line goes dead.)
oh!!God.. damn it!!
(frustrated jeff,stops his car by the side of the road, and gets down, to relieve his mind from pressure, he pulls out a cigrette and takes a deep puff and leaves slowly.)
"come on baby come on,connect connect connect damn it...connect."
finally, the phone rings.....

message 12: by StoryWeaver (new)

Hey Honey!

(yes dear)

Shall we make it out to dinner tonight?

(Are you sure you want to dump your ugly fat boss in favour of your beautiful wife)

Ha!ha! Okay! No excuses from me this time!Shall I pick you up at 7?

(sure master! whenever master decides)

Stop it dear! You know I hate that Dobby character!ha!ha!.. You'll be calling me Voldemort next :-)so I WILL pick you up, luv & hugs, BYE!

message 13: by Meenakshi (last edited Dec 30, 2010 11:48AM) (new)

Meenakshi (mcoolshi) | 55 comments Another call.
triing triiing..
He answers
Yes Jeff here who's on the line?
It's me your boss
comes a husky voice from the other side.
Taken aback by this sudden call Jeff fumbles while asking what it was that drove his boss to call at this hour.
"Could you stay in the office till 9 today?
I have a meeting fixed up with your clients.Remember they are very special to us, to me and to you and your promotion."His boss says with a pinch of threat in his tone.

message 14: by StoryWeaver (new)

"For once,at least, I need to grow a spine!!" Jeff thought as he steeled himself to say he couldn't , "Am sorry boss! We'll have to ask Andrew to cover in for me on this one..."

Jeff is surprised to hear his boss burst out laughing . After a moment " Hey Jeff! You on some super pill or what?!" his boss asks voice loaded with merriment

Jeff had spent a lifetime answering such questions which in fact weren't supposed to be answered. For once he waited and right on cue his boss continued , " Whatever it may be I love it.You finally have become a man I can respect for the simple reason that you have learnt to say 'No'!!'
His boss went on voice finally back to it's usual gruffness,"So fix it up with Andrew to do the needful and meet me the day after if you still have the steel in you, it just might get you a better office with a better view!"

Jeff was taken aback!
His boss had agreed and for some insane reason was in fact throwing him the standard promotion hint..'Better room..Better view'

"Keep it simple!", his inner voice told him.

"Thank you, sir!" He replied and he last heard a gruff acknowledgement as his boss finally ended the call.

"Wow!" He thought, "No! Scratch that!!" "WOW WOW WOW!"

message 15: by StoryWeaver (new)

"For once,at least, I need to grow a spine!!" Jeff thought as he steeled himself to say he couldn't , "Am sorry boss! We'll have to ask Andrew to cover in for me on this one..."

Jeff is surprised to hear his boss burst out laughing . After a moment " Hey Jeff! You on some super pill or what?!" his boss asks voice loaded with merriment

Jeff had spent a lifetime answering such questions which in fact weren't supposed to be answered. For once he waited and right on cue his boss continued , " Whatever it may be I love it.You finally have become a man I can respect for the simple reason that you have learnt to say 'No'!!'
His boss went on voice finally back to it's usual gruffness,"So fix it up with Andrew to do the needful and meet me the day after if you still have the steel in you, it just might get you a better office with a better view!"

Jeff was taken aback!
His boss had agreed and for some insane reason was in fact throwing him the standard promotion hint..'Better room..Better view'

"Keep it simple!", his inner voice told him.

"Thank you, sir!" He replied and he last heard a gruff acknowledgement as his boss finally ended the call.

"Wow!" He thought, "No! Scratch that!!" "WOW WOW WOW!"

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

"I feel light now."
slowly leaning back,puts his head on the head rest ,and closes his eyes for a moment.
"please doctor do something,save my family.they are the soul of my life."
"Doctor,please save them."
"i am sorry jeff,its out of our hands,they have already been......"
"you are lieing doc,they are not de...aaa."

jeff wakes up with a jerk.

he wipes out the sweat on his forehead, and with his both hands ,he rubs his eyes and gives a glance at his watch.

"oh god ,i have been sleeping for an hour now!!."

message 17: by StoryWeaver (new)

"What was that creepy scary day dream all about when I should have had a dream like winning the Olympics or something given the fact that I just talked down my boss?!!" thought Jeff..

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

he starts the car and flys it on the road...speedometer racing to 120 kmph.....and with the other hand he dials his wife's number,.....

message 19: by StoryWeaver (new)

....Three rings later, she picks up...

"Hi Honey! As promised I am on my way to pick you up ! Catchya!"
(Wow! See u soon then, bye)
He hangs up and floors the accelerator hanging just beyond the speed limit...

message 20: by Meenakshi (new)

Meenakshi (mcoolshi) | 55 comments He drives too fast to notice the board saying "narrow lane ahead, drive slow"
As he drives faster and faster, he keeps thinking about his truimph over his boss.He had never expected his boss to be so lenient but as they say; you'll never know untill you try.
He was so absorbed in his thought that he did not notice the truck coming from the other side of the road.Although the trunk honked and honked but he did not listen until it was just two inches away from his car.When he saw the truck at last his eyes widened and his mouth flew open.With all his might,he pushed the stearing wheel to the other side and closed his eyes.
His car rotated a few times and came to a sudden halt.
When everything seemed quiet, Jeff opened his eyes.He started his engine and looked out of the window.
THe truck driver waved his head out of the window and spoke a word or two of abuse.Then he started his engine and fled.
Jeff came out of the car.He looked at its condition.Not a scratch on his car.
Was this some kind of omen? He asked himself.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

his heart was in his pants....shivering as if he had tremors,he opened the door of the car,saying to himself ,something is wrong....
i have a feeling that everything had happened once before.
of course,it cant be.
but why do i have this strange feeling.
now feeling nervous he takes out his marlboro pack and pulls the cigrette,and lits it.he,takes a looong puff....and releases it slowly.saying to himself ,dont worry everything is fine.you are alive!nothing had happened....

message 22: by StoryWeaver (new)

"Never!Never again! ....." mumbles Jeff to himself making a silent promise to himself to value what life had given him, chance and a beautiful wife..
Something tells him that he has been given a fresh lease of life.
A new Jeff pulls into the parking lot of 'Indian Spice' , his wife's favourite restaurant knowing everything was going to be all right.....

the end ....

(great going with the difficult initial part of writing backwards folks! `Great story flow too!)