Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > Chick-A-Versary Coming up!!!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2564 comments Mod
It's coming...
Our THIRD anniversary! Can you believe it?! Three years. Who has been here from the beginning, or close to it?

Last years celebratations were a little hard for me being so incredibly pregnant and a hard pregnancy at that but I am back on my feet and ready to do this right!

Here are some of my upcoming plans and if you have ideas or suggestions please post them or message me and Ill see if I can pull it off.

Bookmark exchange! Get those ideas and creative juices flowing.

Secret Chick gift exchange! Always a favorite.

Signed books. I am going to see about contacting some of our favorite reads/authors to see if they might donate a book, possibly signed, for random give aways.

Cookbook! I know I talked about it last year and I researched it. I really would like to do this and found some great places to host it for us if there is enough interest and we can work out ordering as a group. Ill post details and we can see if there is enough interest. Proceeds will go to group chosen charity.

Elizabeth (Alaska) I missed the very beginning - here since April 2009. I'm in for the bookmark exchange this year!

message 3: by Holli (new)

Holli Those ideas sound wonderful Tera and if you need any help at all let me know.... I can't believe it's been 3 years already... wow!!

I've been here since Feb 18th 2008 (so 4 days after you created it) and I've loved every minute of it... this group you've put together is AMAZING Tera!

message 4: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Well, my membership to this group says I've been here since Nov. 24, 2008, so while I haven't been in the group since the beginning, I did make it in the first year! :o)

message 5: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments YAY! Here's to another year! I was around for the last gift exchange. Would love to do it again. And the bookmark would be fun to do!

Bloomin’Chick (Jo) aka The Eclectic Spoonie (bloominchick) Count me in as always! Three years already?! Time flies when you're having fun with great women! Tera, thank you again for creating CoL and all of the things you do to keep the group going! Your leadership (or is that moderatorship?) is incredible and you are an inspiration! Any help needed, let me know!

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarahsaysread) I'm up for the bookmark exchange and/or the secret chick exchange. Sounds like fun!

I haven't been on here for 3 years (I think I discovered Goodreads about a year and a half ago), but I'm grateful everyday that I have this little group to come to and chat about books with all your fantastic chicks!

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 1278 comments Wow! I've not been on since the beginning, but have been here long enough to remember when we were much smaller! Here at least two years. I would love to do another bookmark exchange. Or whatever. Count me in.

message 9: by Jennifer W (new)

Jennifer W | 2175 comments I just celebrated my 2 year Chick-a-versary as I joined in December of 08. The last book mark exchange was so fun! I still use all my bookmarks! I'd love a cookbook full of chicks' favorite recipes, too!

Elizabeth (Alaska) I didn't do the bookmark exchange last year and am sorry for that. I'm already starting to think about what I could/would do for this year's exchange.

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 1278 comments Oh good Elizabeth! I still use all mine too Jennifer. It's fun to see what everyone comes up with. Simple or complicated, it didn't matter. They were all unique and wonderful.

message 12: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments I love this group! I don't know how to tell how long I have been a member, but I value the friendships I have made from here! You are all an inspiring and supportive goup of women! If everyone could have such positive people around them all the time, the world would be a much better place!

I am in for any and all activities to celebrate us!

message 13: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Cyn, according to the "members" page here on CoL (over on the right, just above "polls") is says you have been a "member since Jul 22, 2008". :o)

message 14: by Cyn (new)

Cyn | 258 comments Thanks, Sheila! WOW! I'm "OLD"! lol

message 15: by Laura K (new)

Laura K | 266 comments I'm in for the bookmark exchange! I became a member just this past year and have really enjoyed it. This is a truly wonderful group!

message 16: by Rosemary (new)

Rosemary | 479 comments Count me in!

message 17: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments This will be my third anniversary celebration with everyone. I do love this group. I don't know what my exact start date was, but I think I have been here for a really long time. I would love to do the chick exchange. Can't commit to a bookmark exchange though.
Thanx for all you do Tera!!!!

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments I've been around since almost the beginning too! It depends on what y'all decide to do, but I'll check this to stay updated!

message 19: by Angela (new)

Angela Holland (bookaunt) I am so irriated with myself - I missed the signups for the exchanges. Have fun all