Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Things I'm Really Glad I Did

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart Okay, since everyone is getting bummed out in the "Major regrets" thread, and when we have one at TC, usually we have the other, so....

What are some things that you really glad that you did?

1) Okay, I'm really glad I didn't have sex with that lying asshole who excommunicated me.
2) That I didn't listen to my parents, and chose my current university
3) Took the first step in my therapy process.
4) Didn't fight my parents when they wouldn't let me go to Early College at the tech.

message 2: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I'm glad I went back into therapy, too.

Hm.

I'm glad I moved to Wisconsin. I needed to get away from Chicago to grow. In retrospect, honestly, the move was gutsy to the point of stupidity, because we bought a house without a guarantee of jobs, but teaching jobs were plentiful then and we turned out better than ok.

message 3: by Janice (new)

Janice (jamasc) I'm glad that I quit my job and ventured out on my own.

I'm glad that I patched things up with my friend, even though they'll never be the same.

message 4: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Dec 27, 2010 10:58PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) I'm guessing most people will have a response resembling something that they did which was good or responsible. I'm going to flip it and say that I'm glad I lived a wild life when I was younger. There are so many fun memories to look back on now that I'm doing the whole "responsible adult" thing.

message 5: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments I'm glad I went through with the home purchase, despite being laid-off just after the loan cleared. That home was my springboard to bigger and better things in life. I've got great memories of my cat running from one end of the house to the other, making a looping u-turn and speeding back the other way (over and over and over again).

Stacia (the 2010 club) (stacia_r) Oh man, we had to deal with a few sketchy years of having to juggle everything and borrow money to keep from losing the house. Now that we're finally on the other side of the major struggles with keeping up the mortgage, I'm glad that we did whatever it took to hold on to it.

message 7: by Mansee (new)

Mansee I'm glad I quit my Charter Accountancy Course inspite of pressure from family and friends because I had fared well in the CA foundation exam (the entry level exam). Im doubly glad now when any discussion on finance/numbers around me leads to thawing of my brains!

message 8: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
I'm glad I married Sweeter. I'm glad I traveled as much as I did before meeting him, however, as this man does not like to travel and has little interest in leaving the country (!).

message 9: by Dr. Detroit (new)

Dr. Detroit | 6031 comments Switched from an ARM to a fixed rate.

Got all (well, most) of the drinking, carousing, and clammy punk gig attendance out of my system before getting married.

message 10: by Michael (new)

Michael Southern Fried Britt wrote: "3) Took the first step in my therapy process."

I'm glad I dropped out of therapy because the therapist and I weren't a good match. I'm glad I got a phone number to call to volunteer as an ESL tutor. (I'll be gladder when I actually call!)

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I'm glad I went to the college I went to. It was perfect for me.

message 12: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) I'm glad that whenever it came time to make a choice between moving on or staying, I most often moved on.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.