Vampire Lovers discussion

Why do you love vampires so much?

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♠BlueƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷFangs♠ (killinginnocent) | 40 comments Mod
I don't know whi I like vampires, honestly. Maybe because they are so hot and sexy... But IDK.
How bout you?

♥Desire♥After♥Dark♥ | 1 comments I totally agree... I also like them because they are so mysterious...

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Vampires are magnificent and powerful creatures. If I could be a vampire, I would.

♠BlueƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷFangs♠ (killinginnocent) | 40 comments Mod
Very true! I would love to be a vampire if I had the choice. By the way, thank you for joining and answering. :D

Michelle (In Libris Veritas) (shadowrose) I loved them since I was a very young child, no true idea what attracted a 8 year old to lively blood drinkers.

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I forgot to add that when i was a little girl, every halloween i was a vampire. :)

message 7: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin I would LOVE to be a vampire!!

message 8: by Novin (new)

Novin maybe becuase theye're sooo hot & they never get old , imgaine staying young & BEAUTIFUL alll yor life...& there only a few ways for others to kill you! ;)

message 9: by Jill (new)

Jill | 3 comments I'm new to the group and as my first post...

My vampire fascination is the immortality, masculinity and man do they have a way with words!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I love the vampire trats in twilight, i meen who doesn't want to be betuful, cold, never have to kill, and no human food, plus cool powers!

I would miss the human food though.

message 11: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) yep. i wholeheartedly agree wiht julie and jill. i wanna b a vamp!

message 12: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) yep

message 13: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) nope.

message 14: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 46 comments Well I wouldn't like to be a vampire. I mean why would I? You have to kill people to live and other vampires are your only companions, because you will outlive your friends and family which could make you go crazy. Sorry mabey I just read too much Anne Rice huh?

message 15: by Alfian (new)

Alfian (alfmalik) because he/she never die...

message 16: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hydrangia) | 17 comments i think vampires r totally awesome, but i'd never wanna be one. it'd be kinda depressing.

message 17: by alicia (new)

alicia grant (shesha34) I have always loved the vampire genre I guess because they are so strong and powerful and mysterious.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

GO VAMPRIRE'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 19: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) hazel, read twilight by stephanie meyer. in there, the cullen vampire family and another 1 which wew don't really meet give up the traditional diet of human blood and bcome 'vegetarians', which means they hunt animals, like grizzlies and mountain lions and stuff.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

they are cool

message 21: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) that's the best reason. =)

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

i know

message 23: by Lexaloo :] (new)

Lexaloo :] (lexaface) | 1 comments they are young and beautiful for like ever and they have cool cars =)
the only con is the drinking blood thing

message 24: by »ღLoℓaღ« (new)

»ღLoℓaღ« L∀~ℓ0k∀ (lolalalo-ca) cause there so cool and hot!!!!!!!!!

message 25: by Crystal (new)

Crystal | 13 comments I don't know when I first became fascinated with Vampires. I think that the greatest love story is Bram Stoker's Draclua. I loved the immortal love between them. I'm in love with idea that I would love be a vampire in history like anne rice's characters and see the world revolve and change around you. I like the dark, sexy, and dangerous aspects.

This is how I see the whole drinking blood to stay alive. I think that when you become a vampire the thirst will take over and you won't have a choice. We kill other animals for food so It doesn't bother me.

I'm reading a book, Blue Bloods, where you don't have to drain your human entirely and you are fine hunger wise.

I also like that the way you can "turn" is through the exchange of blood. That way you can handpick who you want to become vampires and who you just want to feed on.

message 26: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) yeah, i like that 2. all good points crystal.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Because they're immortal,dark, mysterious, and increbibly sexy. :D

message 28: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (aesquibel25) The strenghth, speed, charisma, looks, mystery. I would love to travel the world like in Anne Rice's books. Have beauty and powers (I'm not vain I swear) But I would want to be a vampire like in the Kathryn Smith series... They don't need a lot of blood to survive, a vial would last them days and when they drink from their prey, it is a pleasant experience for the human as well, the humans forget what happened, they aren't drained and the vampires lick the wound and it closes up. If there was someone that I deeply loved like in the Twilight series then it would make it that much better. Besides, you get to see the world change and you can take care of generations of your family.

message 29: by ♥ Rachel♥ (new)

♥ Rachel♥   (i_got_a_jar_of_dirt) yeah, that would b so much fun! but sad too, because u would c all ur friends die...

message 30: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I like vampires because they have a long span of existance. Which gives them time to acumulate much wealth and knowledge. They have supernatual strength and occult powers. But mostly because the are just plain evil. Cary

message 31: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Oh and most of all Vampires are so misunderstood,LOL. Cary

message 32: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Yeah the living for ever part is attractive. But they can be destroyed. So you have to be really clever to even live long

message 33: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (bibliosaurustext) I love vampires because they're monsters, but they're also intelligent and can be attractive. I also like the idea of living a supernaturally long life and having power.

message 34: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments You know whats really fun. Reading a book with your boy friend or girl friend. One of you starts out with one chapter and you alternate chapters till your done. I read Dracula with a girl that way each night before bedtime. It was really sweet.

message 35: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I'm serious it's really fun to do. You get that tingly feeling up and down your spine. I love being read to. Don't you? Plus you can discuss parts of the book togehter while your reading.

message 36: by Cassidy (new)

Cassidy Savage (savagegy6) I adored watching Interview with a Vampire but it took me reading one of Nora Roberts series and then Twilight to discover my love for reading about them.
It's always full of action, mystery, and good authors take the opportunity to be create a world we can wonder about and want to explore more deeply. I like reading the history of how vampires became such a staple in film and literature, it's so interesting.
I like the stories where the author didn't follow the traditional vampire guideline and came up with an entirely new concept. My favorite all time is I Am Legend. The movie sucks, the book will blow you away.

Not to mention it is incredibly sexy...or is that just my forever image of vampires stemming from Brad Pitt :)

message 37: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Old school Gothic rules. Carmilla is the best vampire story ever written. It's online free at Horror Masters.com It has all the elements off a classic Gothic Slavic vampire story. It is so cleverly written it makes other vamp stories looks like kindergarden reading. It's classic literature by Sheridan Lafanu. Written circa 1870. I first read it in Catholic Prep School. Cary

message 38: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments I love vampires because they are so interesting and powerful and posses the deep dark majic. Those occult powers, like dematerialization, mind reading,shape shifting,and incredible strength. More than all of these is the expeirience of many lifetimes. All those elements combined make them practically invinsible and very intelligent. The only time they are vunerable is while asleep in their coffin or weakended by the daytime when a vampires occult powers are not available to them. So you could attain whatever you wanted. You would have lots of friends because your enemies would all disappear. Thats what I like about vampires. Cary vamp disciple devoted follower.

message 39: by Brian (new)

Brian Well then. This explains it:

http://io9.com/5124225/why-are-vampir...

message 40: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Do they have Vampire bars in San Francisco? I heard they did. Where there serve Absinthe and other freaky stuff.

message 41: by Brian (new)

Brian The fog, the steep hillsides whereupon flying is perhaps better than walking, the Victorian atmosphere, a major seaport city easily visited, a city of eccentricity...where better to sip an Absinthe or something thicker best drunk at body temperature just before it coagulates...

message 42: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments Very spooky indeed,LOL

message 43: by Cary (new)

Cary (vortigern) | 804 comments You got that right my man Creepy. Rather poetic in an oddball kinda way.