Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Chit Chat > What did you get your parents for Xmas??

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey My parents are coming over on Thursday. I still have NO CLUE what to get them! grrrr

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) I bought my dad Season 2 of "How The Earth Was Made" - it's amazing! For mom, a gift card to Cold Water Creek - she loves that store! :)

message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I bought my parents a gift card to Applebee's. They like to go out to eat now that there are no kids in the house!

message 4: by Dannielle (new)

Dannielle Insalaco | 51 comments I got my dad a Life is Good shirt and a SI subscription. I got my mom a book, tea, and snacks!

message 5: by Annika (new)

Annika We put together a goodie basket of treats from World Market, some wine and a gift certificate to our local dinner theater (which puts on really great shows!) Good luck, I find this SOOOO hard every year!

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa All the siblings chipped in and bought my mom a new computer. She's connected to everyone through e-mail and Facebook and even likes googling things.

message 7: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) We adopted an Olive Tree in Italy for them, and twice a year they will send you olive oil from that grove, it was a HUGE hit!

message 8: by Julie (new)

Julie | 59 comments We gave my mom a George Foreman grill and FIL got a thing to keep his garden tools standing upright in his garage.

message 9: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Miranda wrote: "We adopted an Olive Tree in Italy for them, and twice a year they will send you olive oil from that grove, it was a HUGE hit!"

That sounds fabulous!

message 10: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) Theresa wrote: "Miranda wrote: "We adopted an Olive Tree in Italy for them, and twice a year they will send you olive oil from that grove, it was a HUGE hit!"

That sounds fabulous!"

Theresa, the company was Nudo Italia I think, funnily enough I found it through an iVillage email I received, and they were absolutely lovely to deal with!

message 11: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments I got my mother an electric blanket she wanted and my daughter made her a jewelry box.