Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Get any books for Christmas?

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Actually this is one year I didn't get one book this year.

message 3: by Judy (new)

Judy We don't usually give gifts as we don't need anything but hubby gave me something I never heard of before. I now own a Nook e-book reader. I guess I'll be hoping harlequin puts more books out in e-book.

A few days earlier I did get a box of books from Harlequin. Hit their sale on the the 12 days of Christmas :-) (that was like a present)

message 4: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Judy I think Harlequin put most books out as ebooks now dont they.

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy Maybe with more recent ones. Alot of them I pick up are still older ones as I did not start reading until about 3 years ago.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I got a few books as presents, and one if them is a Love Inspired Historical. I got Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury,The Autobiography of Mark Twain, and Christmas Under Western Skies by Anna Schmidt and Linda Ford. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Eberly (kathyeberly) | 138 comments For Christmas, my husband got me:The Duggars: 20 and Counting!: Raising One of America's Largest Families—How They Do It. It's very interesting.

message 8: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 985 comments I got a few books from a friend, a gift card that I bought some books with as well, and a Wal-Mart gift card from my Aunt that will come in quite handy for books too :)

It sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas, I'm so glad :)

message 9: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Well, I got six books include amazon kindle gift card. The books are Unlocked by karen kingsbury , Love me Tender by Janice Thompson , Her daughter's Dream by Francine Rivers,The Christmas box collection by Richard Paul Evans, Doctor's petticoats , wrangler petticoats by Mary Connealy, and Hope undaunted by Julie Lessman

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy Joy- Do you have Kentucky Chances? It completes the series with California Chances and California Brides. They are GREAT stories!!!

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Actually this is one year I didn't get one book this year."

bummer

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Kathy wrote: "For Christmas, my husband got me:The Duggars: 20 and Counting!: Raising One of America's Largest Families—How They Do It. It's very interesting."

I love watching that show!

message 13: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Joy wrote: "I got Grace

Massachusetts Brides: Michaela's Choice/Rebecca's Heart/Adam's Bride

[book:A Blue and Gray Christmas: Christmas Keeps Love and Hope Alive During War|..."

You hit the jackpot! lol

message 14: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Joy, While We're Far Apart is a great book. I really enjoyed it!

message 15: by Harlequin Books (new)

Harlequin Books (harlequinbooks) | 34 comments I was spoiled this year between my birthday which is the week before and Christmas. I have $65 in gift cards for Borders and B&N. My family decided that it was best to go with gift cards since they haven't a clue what titles I don't own. LOL My collection overwhelms some of them but they are never slow to check out what has been added for THEIR reading pleasure.

Judy, great gift! I've been thinking about getting a Nook. I wanted to let you know that we are working on getting our older titles in eBook format. We add more back titles each month along with our new releases. I recommend checking out our eBook store on a regular basis or getting a subscription to our eBook newsletter. I've heard Penn, one of our hosts on eHarlequin, mention that there is a thread of conversation where members can list titles they would like to see in eBook format. It doesn't guarantee that it will happen but it does direct us to the titles our readers would like if possible.

eBook Store
Backlist Bookshelf
Newsletter registration

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy Thanks! I am registered for all the e-mail letters. They had some ebooks for .99 yesterday but none that struck me as "must have" ;-)

message 17: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I didn't get any books for Christmas, but my sister gave me kindle so I'm planning on getting some ebooks very soon (like today).

message 18: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Oh cool Janet thats what I want. one day.

message 19: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments I want one of those too! But, I got a Macbook instead. lol I'll take a new computer for now.

message 20: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments I did get a few books for Christmas. Already read one. I don't have a Kindle but shop the Kindle store on my pc. Here are some Kindle books that are free. You may have already seen them.
Tha Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen
Fools Rush In by Janice Thompson
Happily Ever After by Susan May Warren
Danger in the Shadows by Dee Henderson
The Centurion's Wife by Janette Oke & Davis Bunn
Daughter of Joy by Kathleen Morgan

message 21: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 4102 comments Love Julie Klassen. If you like Jane Austen you will like her books!

message 22: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments hi patsy...those books you listed, are they the ones you got for Christmas, or are these free from someplace?

message 23: by Patsy (new)

Patsy | 217 comments Marianne wrote: "hi patsy...those books you listed, are they the ones you got for Christmas, or are these free from someplace?"

Oh these are free from the Amazon Kindle store. I usually downloard them when they are free because sometimes they don't last long before the price goes up.

message 24: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments thanks. just wondered.

message 25: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
Sounds like you guys got some great books! I didn't get any books, unfortunately, but I was good and gave some. :-)

All I have to say is, "I want an eReader!" LOL I'm sooo pleased, yet completely jealous of all of you who got one this year. ;-)

Hugs!

message 26: by Marianne (new)

Marianne (mitzi_wanham) | 64 comments it's not an ereader, nor as handy as one, but i can read the books on my pc. and i have both the amazon kindle for pc and nook for pc. free downloads.,might be a option, Carla

message 27: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolerko) | 22 comments I got a few books and a couple of cook books.

message 28: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Carla im with you but I dont want an ereader I NEED an ereader.