Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

General Discussion > Zoe Archer books

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 4 comments I've seen the books by this auther and been tempted to pick them up and read them. Any thoughts...do you love them? Are they just ok in your opinion?

Thanks in advance!!!

message 2: by Sandra J (last edited Dec 27, 2010 12:49PM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments I've read Warrior and Scoundrel and enjoyed both of them very much. I have Rebel and Stranger in my TBR. Warrior is my favorite so far. I love her heroines. They're not TSTL nor are they mindlessly aggressive "kick-ass" heroines. They're smart and capable women.

Leslie Bhargava | 12 comments I heard many good things about Warrior so picked it up. I never really got into it. It was okay but definitely not one of my favorites and I chose not to continue the series.

message 4: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 451 comments It's really different. I think that although there's some PN elements to the books, the adventure aspect comes out more strongly. I can see where they wouldn't be everyone's cuppa.

message 5: by Leslie Bhargava (last edited Dec 27, 2010 01:07PM) (new)

Leslie Bhargava | 12 comments I come from really liking Urban Fantasy with some Paranormal Romance thrown in. I was really interested in the Steampunk aspect and that's why I initially picked it up.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 117 comments I've heard so much about her books. I'm going to try the series in 2011.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 4 comments I think when I make it to the end of my personal challenges...then I'll pick her up. I've put myself onto a book buying freeze for at least the first 6 months of the year.

message 8: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 117 comments I'm trying to do that as well, Sarah. Its so hard when there are soooo many books. But at the same time, I can barely read all the ones I have now. Maybe, I'll tie her books into the monthly challenges that I participate in.

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 4 comments Samantha wrote: "I'm trying to do that as well, Sarah. Its so hard when there are soooo many books. But at the same time, I can barely read all the ones I have now. Maybe, I'll tie her books into the monthly challe..."

Samantha...this year...I made it to about April before I broke down. I'm really hoping to make it more than 6 months. I really want to clear the clutter this year (not that books are a bad form of clutter) and I also don't want to move them to our new house early in 2012.

message 10: by Mhollie (new)

Mhollie | 178 comments I loved these books. Could not put them dowm. I would highly recommend them. The stories were rich & the charachters had many levels to them. I can only hope she writes more. Soon!

message 11: by Pamela, Moderatrix (new)

Pamela (foxglovewitch) | 614 comments Mod
I just finished Warrior a couple of weeks ago and absolutely LOVED it. It was like... Victorian Indiana Jones with magic and lots of hot sex. I snagged the cheap Amazon Kindle bundle of all four books, so I've got Scoundrel lined up and ready to go. :D

message 12: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 231 comments I read Warrior which was good and bought the others but I have not been compelled to read them.