Outlander Series discussion

miscellaneous > Favorite book?

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 103 comments I am new to this series. I am reading Dragonfly in Amber right now. I am wondering which book is your favorite and why? Don't worry about the spoilers, I don't mind.

message 2: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments Outlander, because it starts it all. Most of my favorite scenes are in this book. When Claire chooses to stay with Jamie at Craigh na Dun, or their wedding night. I could read this book, then immediately start it over from the beginning.

Second favorite is Voyager... Jamie and Claires adventures and the big reunion.

Third Favorite is Echo. I love the multiple points of views and I adore Young Ian and we get so much more of him in this book. Or at least more of him on his own that doesn't have to do with Jamie.

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 322 comments I agree with Wendy on Outlander first and Voyager second. Third is harder to pick for me.

message 4: by Pinda (new)

Pinda | 144 comments I Love Voyager with a close second of Outlander.

message 5: by Sue (new)

Sue Erickson | 673 comments For me Outlander. But second I think might be Fiery Cross. I know alot of people didn't care for this as much, but they were together through most of it even if it was a camping trip! I hate it when they are separated.

message 6: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 3 comments I think I would have to place them in order with Outlander first because it started it all, like Wendy said, then Dragonfly cause, well, OMG! and then, Voyager.

I have not been as happy with Drums or Fiery Cross cause there isn't enough of them...

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 31 comments Outlander and Voyager are both my favorites. Outlander because that's when I met Jamie and Claire and Voyager because that's where they were reunited. Sigh

message 8: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 322 comments Those are the uppermost reasons for me too Sandra.

message 9: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments Sue wrote: "For me Outlander. But second I think might be Fiery Cross. I know alot of people didn't care for this as much, but they were together through most of it even if it was a camping trip! I hate it whe..."

I really enjoyed Fiery Cross as well. I have 3 friends stuck on that book right now - i don't know why they say it slow. For me it's Outlander, Drums and ABOSA!

message 10: by Ladyhawk (new)

Ladyhawk | 957 comments Outlander and Dragonfly for me! "O" for all the obvious reasons. In DIA I love how Jamie and Claire are still new to eachother and thus still discovering one another. I love their antics in Paris, Claire's work at the hospital. I enjoyed all the crazy, interesting, heartbreaking characters and situations of DIA. Approaching the end of DIA had me in some serious, reluctant anticipation.

message 11: by Candice (new)

Candice | 13 comments Outlander - it's where we meet jamie and claire, it has a lot of steamy sex scenes, and it devotes a lot of time to jamie and claire as opposed to supporting characters.

The first three books are my favorites - so many wonderful jamie and claire moments!

message 12: by Wan (new)

Wan (wanwaddell) | 564 comments Mine in order Outlander, Voyager, DFIA (I might be the only one that love King Louis's court), & the rest I like them equally.

message 13: by Tihana (new)

Tihana (tihana_split) | 41 comments Sandra wrote: "Outlander and Voyager are both my favorites. Outlander because that's when I met Jamie and Claire and Voyager because that's where they were reunited. Sigh"

I read them up to FC and I totally agree with you. I can't decide which of the two I like better. Rest I like equally and they're all on second place.

message 14: by Mairicat (new)

Mairicat | 53 comments Outlander is first. But I absolutely loved DIA. It was such an intricate and incredible book.

message 15: by Jenn (new)

Jenn G | 22 comments Of course Outlander is my favorite. The beginning of love is always the best. Then I would have to say ABOSAA followed by DOA. Echo has been my least favorite. But I don't think because it was bad read but because it is the end of the series as of right now.

message 16: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 187 comments My favorite is ABOSAA because so much happened and it was soooooo emotional! Second favorite is Voyager, followed by Outlander.

message 17: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 3 comments Sandy:

I am getting ready to read ABOSAA (it is in my current stack of 11 books to be read) You have given me inspiration to move it closer to the top!

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn G | 22 comments ABOSAA is absolutely wonderful. Definately move it up.

message 19: by SandyC (new)

SandyC (sandyc88) | 187 comments It is incredible...truly a 5 star book!

message 20: by Wendy F, biblioholic (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) | 3151 comments It was GUT wrenching! I love that one too but it's also the hardest emotionally for me to read... I don't want a spoiler for anyone, but I'm sure those who've read it know what I'm thinking about.

message 21: by Latinlandish (new)

Latinlandish | 376 comments I just started ABOSAA and I'm loving it. totally different pace from Drumms and Fiery Cross. It doesn't drag on and on with details about the landscape.
The best thing is that there is a lot of Jamie. You know what he is thinking.
I loved Voyager and Outlander, of course.

message 22: by Lydia (new)

Lydia | 80 comments Y'all read so fast! I can't keep up! LOL

message 23: by Leea, Escape Artist (new)

Leea | 1239 comments Latinlandish wrote: "I just started ABOSAA and I'm loving it. totally different pace from Drumms and Fiery Cross. It doesn't drag on and on with details about the landscape.
The best thing is that there is a lot of Jam..."

This one is a ride for sure... i remember crying a lot in ABOSAA... Enjoy each moment Latinlandish!

message 24: by Germerican1993 (new)

Germerican1993 | 28 comments Outlander and then Drums of Autumn.
But I haven`t finished the series yet.

message 25: by Mimi (new)

Mimi Smith | 199 comments Outlander and Voyager. The later books are great but there isn't as much of C&J and they are my favorite and DIA was too gut-wrenching for me.

message 26: by Tina (new)

Tina | 162 comments I have read the first 3 Outlander books so far and definitaly Voyager is my favorite. I has lots of action and adventure as well as Jamie and Claires love for each other. I can't wait to continue the series.

message 27: by Tihana (new)

Tihana (tihana_split) | 41 comments Mimi wrote: "Outlander and Voyager. The later books are great but there isn't as much of C&J and they are my favorite and DIA was too gut-wrenching for me."

Same here, about favourites and DIA. It's the only one I can't bring myself to read/listen again, only some parts of it.

message 28: by LH (new)

LH | 17 comments Voyager! (Outlander a very close second.) I loved the reunion, the fight over Laoghaire, the gemstones, Lord John, Willie, Roger, Bree, West Indies, pirates, zombie, crocodiles, acupuncture. . . so much packed in. If I listed all the keywords, no one would believe it all happens in one book.

message 29: by Shay (new)

Shay (shaylyn318) | 103 comments I am just about finished with DOA. Voyager is my favorite so far. Although the first three I enjoyed. DOA kind turned me off the books a little. Too much Brianna and not enough Claire and Jamie.