"The Lord of The Rings" Lovers discussion

You Know You're Addicted to LOTR When...

Comments Showing 1-50 of 152 (152 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) You Know You’re Addicted to LOTR When...

~You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation.

~You like to tell your mom that you are hungry by quoting: "Merry, I'm hungry." She used to just laugh, but now she says, "What would you like to eat, Pippin?"

~You continually ask your parents for second breakfast.

~All the staff at your local cinema knows you by your first name and even before you open your mouth to speak, they say "Ticket for 'Fellowship of The Ring?'"

~You hate Burger King food, but you ate nothing else for a month to get the toys.

~You've crammed up your computer's memory by downloading every single screen saver from www.LordoftheRings.net

~You wander around the house in a knee length nightie, pyjama trousers and an unfastened dressing gown (to give you a train).

~You are trying to be an elf, and actually manage to forget that the nightie is blue with dolphins, the trousers have teddies on and the dressing gown is tartan.

~Your Lord of the Rings shirt has not yet met the washing machine.

~You don't have enough money to buy groceries for the next week before payday, yet you charge £50 on your credit card to get a three year charter membership in the official LOTR fan club. Who needs food anyway?

~You refer to parts of your town as parts of Middle-Earth.

~You wear hobbitish clothing as part of your normal wardrobe.

~You sometimes let your hair go curly after a wash, and then run around the house in bare feet yelling "I'm a hobbit!"

~You hate it when Elves are only thought of as 'Santa's little helpers' and have tried to explain the difference between Santa-elves and Syrian Elves to your 5-year old cousins.

~You speak in Quenya just to annoy your friends.

~You refer to regular elephants as oliphaunts.

~While buttering a piece of bread, you suddenly think of Bilbo (remember when he was talking to Gandalf about feeling tired) saying that he felt 'like butter spread over too much bread.'

~You renamed your car the Wraith-mobile.

~You have a replica of The One Ring.

~You are beginning to resemble a panda due to the fact that you've stayed up until 2 am reading and re-reading the great books.

~You actually managed to read the Silmarillion without being tempted to give up on this whole middle earth malarkey.

~You now have a lifetime fear of black horses!

~You haven't removed the soundtrack from your CD player since you bought it.

~You have sssudenly developed a hisssing lisssp every time you sssay the letter ssss.

~You have looked both on the net and in the phone book to see if archery and sword fighting lessions are offered in your area.

~You have begun calling your husband / wife / girlfriend/ boyfriend / animal or kid my precioussss.

~You happily traveled over an hour to the next town to see "it" because that theater has a better sound system than the one 5 minutes down the road.

~You have called every theatrical or specialty makeup company in town looking for pointy ear or hairy feet prosthetics.

~You've worn your plastic "one ring" that came on your Legolas bookmark so much the gold is completely worn off.

~You've begun drafting a letter to the Webster's dictionary people requesting that they include "Ringers" in their next edition.

~At Christmas time relatives find you chatting with the tree and sharing eggnog draughts.

~Single ads with the description," short plump and big hairy feet" seem much more appealing.

~You know The LoTR history better then your family history.

~You have a mouse named Frodo, a bird named Gollum, and a dog named Gandalf. And that cat that keeps coming around to be petted is Legolas.

~You know Elvish better then English.

~Whenever something goes wrong, it's Sauron's fault.

~When you sing in the shower, it's always about Gil-Galad or hobbit walking songs...

~You know everything about Middle Earth geography, but you can't get someone from your house to the ice cream parlor. Now the nearest movie theater, that is a different story.

~You think the names of the 7 dwarves from Snow White are: Gimli, Gloin, Thorin, Fili, Kili, Ori, and Bombour.

~You have developed your own special Tolkien handwriting. "A firm, flowing script..."

~Words like "Yrch" make sense to you.

~You've become strangely obsessed with mushrooms.

~Whenever you close a door, you say "They have a cave troll!"

~When you come to a dead end you're still convinced that the road goes ever on and on.

~There's a sign on your door saying "Speak Friend and enter!"

~Whenever you get a chance, you burst into song. Preferably one that has more than 20 verses.

~You change your name by deed poll to a Tolkien character and seriously consider naming your children after LOTR characters.

~Every time you see birds in the sky you have the urge to say "Fly you fools!"

~When someone knocks on your door you grab them, pull them inside and ask "Are you frightened?... Not nearly frightened enough!"

~Your computer's screen saver is a marquee reading, "Ennyn Durin atan Moria: pedo mellon a mino" and the password is actually "mellon".

~You cannot see a beer without blurting out "It comes in pints? I'm getting one!"

~You just can't keep yourself from saying "nobody tosses a Dwarf" at inappropriate moments.

~A shadow and a threat is growing in your mind.

~You now referring to your friends as your 'Fellowship' and insist that you have epic adventures.

~You stand in the doorway and tell your cat that he 'Can not pass'.

~You wash your face in the sink and expect to see things that are, that have been or that will be.

~Your wedding band has started to weigh you down with it's evil powers. ~Spending $35 at the grocery store seems expensive but its Perfectly fine to spend $70 on the Hardcover LOTR book with Alan Lee Illustrations.

~You start keeping a LOTR Journal to write poems and inklings in.

~You face every difficult decision with the thought "now what would Gandalf advise me to do?"

~You know what Entmoot, Ent draught, or an Ent is for that matter.

~You've gained 20 pounds because you've started eating a "Second Breakfast"

~A walking stick... you never leave home with out it.

~You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends who are addicted to Lord of the Rings.

message 2: by Cody (last edited Jan 16, 2011 09:46PM) (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments I'm going to put down the ones I do

~You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation. (all the time)

~You have looked both on the net and in the phone book to see if archery and sword fighting lessions are offered in your area. (sorta I took up these things on my own mostly due to lord of the rings)

~You know The LoTR history better then your family history.

~When you sing in the shower, it's always about Gil-Galad or hobbit walking songs... (I very rarely sing anywhere but if I do it is usually something from lord of the rings and usually "All Shall Fade")

~You change your name by deed poll to a Tolkien character and seriously consider naming your children after LOTR characters. (the second part anyways...)

~Spending $35 at the grocery store seems expensive but its Perfectly fine to spend $70 on the Hardcover LOTR book with Alan Lee Illustrations. (Heck yeah lol)

~You face every difficult decision with the thought "now what would Gandalf advise me to do?"

~You know what Entmoot, Ent draught, or an Ent is for that matter.

~You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends who are addicted to Lord of the Rings.

~You speak in Quenya just to annoy your friends.

~Your computer's screen saver is a marquee reading, "Ennyn Durin atan Moria: pedo mellon a mino" and the password is actually "mellon". (The Door of Durin is my account's symbol and the password is mellon...)

~A shadow and a threat is growing in your mind.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Lol, everyone who watches LOTR does at least one of those things.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) ~You feel the urge to stand up on your chair in the middle of class and yell 'Ere the sun rises!'

~You randomly yell out 'FOR GONDOR!' of 'FOR ROHAN'

~You took up archery just so you could shoot like an elf

message 5: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Yes I do alot of those things

message 6: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments When I played dodgeball today I yelled " for Rohan!!!!" and we pulverized the other team! Hehe...

message 7: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments You should have yelled for Frodo lol but still awesome.

message 8: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Yeah!!! " for frodo!!!!!"

message 9: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments I love that scene lol.

message 10: by Ephraim (new)

Ephraim (Tallerine7) | 242 comments My freind tried to get me to play the game. I quit cause it was sooo off track.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) The computer game?

I was playing that the other day and it was awful.

message 12: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments What game?

message 13: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) There an online LOTR game, and one you have to install. I don't know the difference, but I was playing the online one and it was really weird.

message 14: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments The one u have to install is apparently good

message 15: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments ~Jesus Saves~ (Elizabeth) wrote: "There an online LOTR game, and one you have to install. I don't know the difference, but I was playing the online one and it was really weird."

LOTRO looks cool I would get it but it has a monthly fee..

message 16: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments No now u can get it for free I tried once

message 17: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments I tried getting it for free too but it wouldn't download...

message 18: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Well that sure sucks, eh!!???

message 19: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments yeah it looked cool...

message 20: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments It looked fun

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 143 comments ~Jesus Saves~ (Elizabeth) wrote: "There an online LOTR game, and one you have to install. I don't know the difference, but I was playing the online one and it was really weird."

I don't see anything weird with LOTRO. My older sister has a free-to-play account, and my dad and older brother are full members.

message 22: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments hmm for some reason it would always error when I tried to download the free version...

message 23: by Kita (new)

Kita (nerdybookaholic) | 2 comments ~Jesus Saves~ (Elizabeth) wrote: "You Know You’re Addicted to LOTR When...

~You start quoting from the movie as part of regular conversation.

~You like to tell your mom that you are hungry by quoting: "Merry, I'm hungry." She..."

Ive done alot of these thing's. My family have considered many times on sending me to the nut house :) I have my 5 year old niece speaking elvish ner vasa sii' (more food now) Its funny when we eat out :D

message 24: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Haha!! It's sort of funny because at school we have a rink and my class gas to shovel it,and it's really boring and I like to sing so I'll be shoveling around the rink singing some sing from LOTR. :)

message 25: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments *song

message 26: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Lol, sounds fun, if you sing LOTR. :P

message 27: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Yeah people say I'm a geek and I don't care I take it as a compliment

message 28: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Your not a geek, your just crazy. All the best ppl are!

message 29: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments You got that right,I'm crazy all the time!!!!

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 143 comments I'm crazy too. There has been a countlesss number of times that I find the tune to the isengard song in my head.

message 31: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments OMG!!! Same here! Oh,great there it is again.....

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) | 143 comments Like I needed to bring it up, lol.

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) I get the Concerning Hobbits song stuck in my head ALL the time.

message 34: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Yeah

message 35: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments ~You downloaded both a Sindarin and a Quenya language learning course onto your Kindle.

I just did this lol.

message 36: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Guys , you should all make accounts on the council of elrond!!! Its a really good website for LOTR lovers! If u make one add me! I'm legolasgurl13 !!!

message 37: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments I joined I'm called Rolinor

message 38: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Ok!!!

message 39: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Cody wrote: "~You downloaded both a Sindarin and a Quenya language learning course onto your Kindle.

I just did this lol."

Lol, you did get your Kindle then huh? Lucky!

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Jenna Greenleaf wrote: "Guys , you should all make accounts on the council of elrond!!! Its a really good website for LOTR lovers! If u make one add me! I'm legolasgurl13 !!!"

I don't know if I can join. But if I do, I'll add you guys.

message 41: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments OK!!! Cody,did u add me??

message 42: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments not yet I'm just looking through the site I will soon though.

message 43: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments I sent u a private message

message 44: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments I got it :)

message 45: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Kewl :)

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Is it a good website?

message 47: by Cody (new)

Cody (rolinor) | 262 comments I like it

Kate (theshortone) (katetheshortone) Hm...rp???

message 49: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Yeah it's a real good site

message 50: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 99 comments Today at church I had the song "they're taking the hobbits to isengard" tune stuck in my head!!!

« previous 1 3 4