"Fever" Water Cooler discussion

Characters > The V'lane Love Beach

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy (katkennedy) | 113 comments Mod
A place for V'lane groupies to bemoan his absence.

message 2: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I am pretty sure this place will not be visited by many. V'lane IMO over-promised and under-delivered in hotness department.

message 3: by Kat Kennedy (new)

You can almost bet that Penny will come here. She always roots for the underdog.

message 4: by AH (new)

AH I like V'lane! I'll be rooting for him too!

message 5: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) So, AH, you think it will be a three-way sort of arrangement?;o)

message 6: by AH (new)

AH Would that be considered a deux ex machina (can't spell that sucker)?

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments I like V'lane, but he isn't really a contender for Mac's effection. He is barely mentioned, and more often than not he comes across as a petulant, spoiled child, imo. He's nice enough, and the book's description of his physical appearance has served him well, but he doesn't butter my bread if ya know what I mean.

message 8: by Penny (last edited Jan 05, 2011 05:24PM) (new)

Penny | 82 comments Kat wrote: "You can almost bet that Penny will come here. She always roots for the underdog."

This made me laugh. You know me so well. And yes, I adore V'lane despite his creepy fae ways. V'lane has a certain quality about him that makes me wish I were Mac. Maybe it's the whole fae prince falling in love with a human, thing. It's just so fairytale romance.

Don't get me wrong, I know without a doubt that V'lane and Mac won't end up together, and not just because we have no idea where the hell he is right now. I know because Barrons is THE GUY. Sure I still sort of wish V'lane would win Mac's heart, but I'm cool with the inevitable outcome of this series.

message 9: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Bwhahahaha! Called it! Thanks Penny.

I like V'lane. I really do. I wouldn't mind if he and Barrons got over their issues and Mac wound up with the both of them. I also wouldn't mind if she DID wind up with V'lane. I just know it ain't gunna happen.

message 10: by AH (new)

AH If you have gotten to Dreamfever V'lane makes an reference to Adam:

"I begin to understand Adam."
Mac thinks he is talking about Adam and Eve and asks.
"One of my race that chose to be human"

Adam is in Beyond the Highland Mist(book 1) and The Immortal Highlander (book 6). He chooses to be human so he can be with his love. V'lane has fallen for Mac.

message 11: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments AH wrote: "If you have gotten to Dreamfever V'lane makes an reference to Adam:

Adam is in Beyond the Highland Mist(book 1) and The Immortal Highlander (book 6). He chooses to be human so he can be with his love. V'lane has fallen for Mac. "

Yep. That's one of the parts that makes me so stupid and girly over V'lane. I think it was a game at first, a fascination on his end. No human woman had ever rejected him so he was interested. I also think he wanted to steal her away from Barrons to get back at him. But then, after spending so much time with her, he saw there was more to Mac. She was more then just arm candy or a possible one-nighter. Or even a just a trophy to taunt Barrons with.

He fell in love with her. He didn't want to. He never planned to. It just happened. Mac is just that awesome.

Too bad for V'lane though. I mean, clearly this story cannot end well for him. :S I wonder how badly that's going to piss him off.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments AH wrote: "If you have gotten to Dreamfever V'lane makes an reference to Adam:

..."

That certainly puts V'lane in a new light. Thanks for the info, AH!

message 13: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments Reading Faefever right now. V'lane is such a douche but I still want to lick his fictional chest.

...I need therapy.

message 14: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Aw, I don't think he's a douche. I just want him and Barrons to kiss and make up...

message 15: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments Kat wrote: "Aw, I don't think he's a douche. I just want him and Barrons to kiss and make up..."

That could be hot. Not that it would ever happen in this series. If this were a Merry Gentry novel then yeah, that would totally happen.

message 16: by AH (new)

AH Penny wrote: "Kat wrote: "Aw, I don't think he's a douche. I just want him and Barrons to kiss and make up..."

That could be hot. Not that it would ever happen in this series. If this were a Merry Gentry no..."

Then one of them would sprout tentacles.

message 17: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Laurell K Hamilton has a lot to answer for.

message 18: by AH (new)

AH I still can't get over that tentacle sex thing.

message 19: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Tentacle sex thing? I though wereleopard in were form (or whatever it was) was the grossest thing in that series...

message 20: by AH (new)

AH Tatiana wrote: "Tentacle sex thing? I though wereleopard in were form (or whatever it was) was the grossest thing in that series..."

Merry Gentry.

message 21: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) So, Merry Gentry series is even kinkier?!

message 22: by Penny (new)

Penny | 82 comments Oh, it's totally dirty though I haven't read enough of the Anita books to make a comparison. And the Merry Gentry books? Yeah, I read a few before I threw in the towel. There is potential there but the potential is drowning in all the sex. And there are tentacles. So wrong.

message 23: by Kat Kennedy (new)

If the writers of Gor and laurell k Hamilton got married and had children then they would bring about the apocalypse.

Merry Gentry is supposedly worse than Anita Blake.

message 24: by Flannery (new)

Flannery (flannabanana) Oh gawd, Merry Gentry is basically just one huge orgy with no breaks for plot. I tried it once (Mistral's Kiss) and there was graphic multiple partner sex with all sorts of creatures in the first chapter. (Mistral's Kiss--it was free!)

It is the fifth book in the series but if that was where it was going, I will never go back to the beginning.

message 25: by AH (new)

AH Kat wrote: "If the writers of Gor and laurell k Hamilton got married and had children then they would bring about the apocalypse.

Merry Gentry is supposedly worse than Anita Blake."

It is.

message 26: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (funlovinlady) This alot of SEX in the Anita Blake series. LOts and Lots and lots.......

Speaking of sex... I hope that we get some Love sex in Shadowfever, not just recovery sex.

Oh........ Jan 18th is so far away.

message 27: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Leslie, don't we all want that? Some tender, loving, conscious schmexing? :)

message 28: by Regina (new)

Regina (reginar) I am on book #5 of Anita Blake and desparately wish for some sex in the book -- any sex! It is kinda funny that she goes from Anita the celibate to an overabundance of sex.

I am just re-reading Bloodfever and I didn't pick up on it before, but I think it is clear that Barrons had intended to seduce Mac the night of the robbing at the Welsch estate (before V'lane) took her away -- and maybe that is why V'lane took her then, V'lane realized it too.