"Fever" Water Cooler discussion

Characters > Barrons: hot or not?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Kat Kennedy (katkennedy) | 113 comments Mod
Because I feel that this is the most crucial question of all.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments If you have to ask, I suggest you go back & reread the books, lol! Barrons is a sexy, sexy beast :)

message 3: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Hey, I've heard some discension. Personally, I think there's a reason this group is called Fever Water Cooler and it has a lot to do with Barrons.

Still, what's love got to do with it, eh?

Besides there will always be the people ranting that Barrons isn't hot.

message 4: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments Yes, but those people are dumb!

Actually, Barrons may not be hot... I guess we will find out for sure in Shadowfever. Let me rephrase that, we better find out for sure in Shadowfever what the mystery surrounding Barrons is!

message 5: by Desperado (new)

Desperado (lethallovely) I think Barrons is hot in a "You are a complete prick & I'd love to geld you like a horse, but I want to bone your brains out before I do that" way. What can I say? I hate him but I want to fuck him really bad.

message 6: by Kat Kennedy (new)

LL, you've put it perfectly for me. Most of the time I really just want to knee him in the cajones. The naughty part of me wants to bone him on occasion though.

message 7: by Tatiana (last edited Dec 27, 2010 04:27AM) (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) It was a slow process, to acquire taste for Barrons. I thought he was pretty much a jerk in first two books. I actually still think he is. But then I read "Dreamfever" and have no doubt he has some moves. And a dirty mouth. The most important qualities for a fictional crush to have. IMO.

message 8: by Heather (last edited Dec 27, 2010 06:12AM) (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments What kind of question is this?! Of course he is hot! :) Was he hottie status ever in doubt?

*side note*
I like my fictional men to piss me off why also evoking my hormones. It makes for the best mix, imo.

message 9: by AH (new)

AH Yes! Yes! He is hot! He does inspire my imagination *waggles eyebrows*

message 10: by Mariel (new)

Mariel (fuchsiagroan) I love Barrons. I wasn't sure if it was a thin line or not for another emotion until the last couple of books. Yeah, I love Barrons.

message 11: by Bec (new)

Bec (loulamai) Definitely hot, and who doesn't love a man who will save the day by shagging you back to sanity?

message 12: by Kat Kennedy (new)

These are photos and an interview with Eric Etebari who KMM based Barrons on.

KMM did the interview herself

I think he's actually hotter in my head...

message 13: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I agree, Kat, he is hotter in my head as well. This dude looks a little slutty IMO.

message 14: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Bwhahahaha! Yes, a little slutty and trashy.

I'll just keep the Barrons in my head alive! Any man that can restore me to sanity using only his massive johnson has to beat out the reality of a b-list actor whose first directed movie is about bare-knuckled fighting chicks...

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 4 comments That one where he has blonde hair...ick! I need to wash my eyes out, it's just wrong!
Barrons is definately hot, he makes the books for me! Sorry to V'lane, I just don;t have a thing for blondes.

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments Ewww... a little too chisled for my taste! Hopefully I can fully forget him when it's time to get back to the Barrons in my head.

message 17: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Yeah I've just wiped him from my memory. I've gone back to Mr Tall, Dark and handsome from my memory.

message 18: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments I'm not even going to look at that pic. The man in my head makes me quiver just thinking of him, I don't want to taint the allusion.

message 19: by AH (new)

AH Agreed. I like the man in my head a lot better.

message 20: by AH (new)

AH Does Barrons eat? - There was a scene with Mac and Barrons at O'Bannions restaurant and he orders them dinner then doesn't eat and tells her that he's already eaten.

Does Barrons age? - Was Fiona an old lover of his?

message 21: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I have no idea if he eats. I don't recall him ever eating.

About age. In one of the later books I remember it says that he doesn't really.

And I thought he had a thing with Fiona, although it appeared to be a one-sided thing. No serious attachment on his part.

message 22: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments This may mean something, or nothing at all.... but rereading Darkfever, I am seeing that in every early encounter Mac has with Barrons, she mentions what a presence he is, and at one point compared being around him to being around an excess amount of electricity. I always assumed this was due to his extreme hawtness, of course. But on page 78 it says, "Around three o'clock in the morning, I woke up strangely on edge. I pulled the drape aside and looked out. Jericho Barrons was on the sidewalk in front of the Clarin House, leaning back against a lamppost..."

So ~ I've never believe Barrons was any part Fae. But keeping in mind that Mac physically feels different when she is near Fae or a Fae artifact, I found it curious that Barrons mere nearness to her would wake her in the middle of the night.

Or, it could just be his extreme hawtness ;)

message 23: by AH (new)

AH I agree with you. Barrons can not possibly be human. Near the end of the book he is capable of jumping down 30 feet without hurting himself. He also is able to heal Mac after her encounter with the Lord Master and Malucce.

For me, the most touching moment was Barrons sitting with Mac and applying her nail polish because she had a broken hand. How touching.

I've finished Darkfever. Will start the next book later on today.

message 24: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments No, I don't think Barrons is human, either. He is also quite old ~ didn't Mac find a photo of him looking the exact same many decades ago? Or something which throws his age into question.

I haven't gotten to any of Barrons touching moments yet ~ so far he is just arguing with Mac & staring at her boobs, lol.

message 25: by AH (new)

AH I love how Barron's movements are described by Mac -

"Barrons doesn't seem to be governed by the laws of physics"

Did anyone catch Barron's vitals? 6'3" 245lbs
DOB - October 31

message 26: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Barrons is deffo not just human. Can he be part fae?

I am half done with Bloodfever, he is still staring at her boobs, Megan:)

message 27: by Penny (last edited Jan 02, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

Penny | 82 comments Just started Darkfever today (yay!) Third, or possibly fourth time reading it. And yes, Barrons is ridiculously hot, though he's definitely not human.

It's funny, until starting Darkfever this afternoon I'd forgotten that I actually harbor a forbidden crush on the guy. ***Overshare Alert!*** I desperately want him to forcefully, possibly even violently (-ish) pin me up against a wall, which is so totally twisted, I know.

message 28: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Yeah, Penny. You DO know that Barrons isn't the underdog, right?

Anyway, almost finished Dreamfever and the only three possibilities I see Barrons being are the following:

1) He is the Unseelie King. I can only imagine that they might have punished him like they punished Darroc and made him human thinking he wouldn't survive.

Problems with this theory is that there are eight others like him. Supporters in his court maybe? The US King can touch the Spear but would he really want to, knowing the memories it'd bring back?

2) He is a vampire. Barrons makes many, many illusions to the strength and power of vampires yet we have not met one. Why mention vampires so much if they don't appear in the story? He doesn't eat. He is rarely seen during the day. He's ageless and impossibly fast and strong. He doesn't sparkle but I'm not holding that against him. In fact, if he did sparkle I may just lose all respect for him.

3) He's been through everything Mac has been through and worse. In Dreamfever, V'lane says to Mac, "Would you still call yourself human?"

What if you learnt enough power, spent so much time with the fae, survived enough to the point where you became more? Is that what Mac is currently doing?

I don't think he can be part fae but only because it is mentioned in the books that fae can't have children.

message 29: by AH (new)

AH Kat said:He is a vampire. Barrons makes many, many illusions to the strength and power of vampires yet we have not met one. Why mention vampires so much if they don't appear in the story? He doesn't eat. He is rarely seen during the day. He's ageless and impossibly fast and strong. He doesn't sparkle but I'm not holding that against him. In fact, if he did sparkle I may just lose all respect for him.

*snort* *chuckle* love those theories...
I don't think he is a vampire, I think he is part fae like some of those highlanders. In the Highlander books one of them was part fae.

I do like the vampire theory.

He wears some sort of bracelet similar to the one V'lane offered Mac - maybe his has special spidey sensing power...

message 30: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Maybe that bracelet shields him, so Mac doesn't sense he is a fae?

message 31: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) And I don't think he is a vamp either, way too hawt for that, in every sense of the word:)

message 32: by AH (new)

AH Tatiana wrote: "And I don't think he is a vamp either, way too hawt for that, in every sense of the word:)"

Agreed!

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments Barron's can't be the Unseelie king because he can't control the sinsar dubh or however you spell it without also being affected. The Unseelie King can or is supposed to be able to.

message 34: by Kat Kennedy (last edited Jan 03, 2011 01:18PM) (new)

But what if he's no longer the Unseelie King? What if his essential Fae essence has changed.

I would be kind of disappointed if he did turn out to be a vampire, but I still can't rule the possibility out.

message 35: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Is there such a thing as a vampire at all? Malluce certainly wasn't one...

message 36: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Barrons has said more than once that there are real vampires. He seems to take certain offence that Malluce would be a vampire - saying that if he was, then the one that made him should have been defanged, gelded, burned, staked, ashed etc.

When Mac asks him how you kill a vampire he also goes on to stress that you hope you don't have to because it is almost impossible.

message 37: by Tatiana (last edited Jan 03, 2011 02:06PM) (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) We shall see. I am not a fan of this theory. Like I sad, he is way too hot and electric to be one. I don't want him to be a fecking corpse.

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments And there is that deleted scene from Dreamfever when he says to Mac that she has no idea what has gotten the sent of her in its mind, or something like that.

I don't think the unseelie king was ever reverted to non-king, at least it isn't mentioned, I try not to get to convoluted in my theories because sometimes the most simple of conclusions are the most shocking.

message 39: by AH (new)

AH Where did you get a hold of a deleted scene?

message 40: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) What deleted scene?!

message 41: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Hey, I'm just putting theories out there!

The only reason I would honestly think Barrons is the Unseelie king is because of his impassioned speech to Mac about the concubine killing herself because of the Unseelie King.

I actually suspect that the Dreamy Eyed Boy might be the Unseelie King.

Do you have a link to the deleted scene? I'd like to read!

message 42: by AH (new)

AH Wasn't the dreamy eyed boy Christian MacKeltar? I thought he told Mac he studied ancient languages at Trinity University (Bloodfever).

message 43: by Kat Kennedy (new)

There were two boys at the ALP. There was Christian MacKeltar, and there was the Dreamy Eyed Boy who goes on to work are Roydon's bar, Chesters.

He tells Mac all he wants in life in a beautiful girl and maybe a good book.

message 44: by Heather (last edited Jan 03, 2011 02:51PM) (new)

Heather (heatherjoy) | 17 comments Its in my version of Darkfever, at the end. I'll bring it with me tomorrow and copy it for you ladies so that you too can drool over the scene. Its hawt.

It is a scene where Mac confronts Barrons about his actions to cure her of her pri-ya state, and she realizes that he has become equally obsessed with her, which makes her tres happy.

message 45: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Oh! Oh my... he's obsessed with her? *Bounces around in pleasure* She CONFRONTS him? Excellent! I MUST read that scene!

That makes ME tres happy!!

message 46: by Kat Kennedy (new)

Squaw! Found it!

http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/dreamf...

A few choice sentences:

“You’re not the only fucking one that got branded!” Barrons slammed his fist into the wall behind my head. Bits of plaster dusted my shoulders.

Yes, it was. I could see the rage of insatiable, uninvited lust in every line of that dark, stoic face that had once been too subtly etched for me to read. I wasn’t the only one lying awake at night, fevered with memories, tossing, turning, soaking my sheets, burning up--not for Fae sex, but him, damn it all to hell, him.

“Good?” he said softly, and staring into those black eyes was like staring down the shadowy, demon-littered corridor of the Unseelie mirror in his study. “You think it’s good to have something like me obsessed with you? My dear, dear, bloody idiotic, suicidal Ms. Lane, you have no fucking idea what’s gotten the scent of you in its nostrils, what has the taste of you in its blood, or you’d run. You’d run for what little remains of what you think of as your life.”

message 47: by AH (new)

AH That is ....hawt.

Now I am really wondering what he is.

message 48: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) Indeed, hawt. It got me a bit flustered... :) Thanks, Kat.

message 49: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I found this deleted scene in the end of my paperback of Dreamfever. It also has an "interview" between Moning and Barrons. Even in it he is very bad but irresistible...

message 50: by Megan (new)

Megan | 27 comments Kat wrote: "Squaw! Found it!

http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/dreamf......"

Oh my! *fans self*

« previous 1