This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

Giftmas books

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I got It's A Magical World, The Days are Just Packed, Neuromancer, and Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files; also a couple of big box bookstore gift cards. Get anything good?

message 3: by Harry (new)

Harry  (harry_harry) Yes, I like Westerns and Non-Fiction.

message 4: by Arminius (new)

Arminius Harry wrote: "I got The Manly Art: Bare-Knuckle Prize Fighting in America,
Lonesome Dove, and
A Kingdom Strange: The Brief and Tragic History of the Lost Colony of Roanoke"

They look like two very good books.

message 5: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Lonesome dove is the best book ever.

message 6: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I didn't get any books at all for christmas.

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 26, 2010 07:55PM) (new)

I got Lynda Barry's new book, Picture This. I was hoping.

I didn't get the Mozipedia, which I was also hoping for. But I got a B&N card, so I really will get it! Yeah! Best cover ever.

message 8: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments smetchie wrote: "I didn't get any books at all for christmas."

Me either!

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan I got Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2) by Lorelei James Cowgirl Up and Ride (Rough Riders, #3) by Lorelei James Tied Up, Tied Down (Rough Riders, #4) by Lorelei James Rough, Raw and Ready (Rough Riders, #5) by Lorelei James Branded As Trouble (Rough Riders, #6) by Lorelei James (yes, I like smutty books, the smuttier the better, feel free to mock me, its ok), Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen on audio book, and a few history books (I was a history major)

message 10: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Kristina maybe you should put some books on your wishlist!

message 11: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 653 comments I have never noticed that wishlist tab the WHOLE TIME I've been on Goodreads! Holy shit!

message 12: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments It took me awhile, too. But beware that it's linked to swap. So if you have books in your wishlist and they come available on swap, you'll get a message about them. That might could be annoying for you. You can always just create a shelf and call it something else if you want to ignore the swap feature. Call it "I want!" or "gimme this!"

message 13: by Rusty (new)

Rusty (rustyshackleford) | 2198 comments No one gave me any books for Christmas, but I recently bought some, including Black House, Lonesome Dove, Ghost Walk, Wizard's First Rule, Black Elk Speaks: Being the Life Story of a Holy Man of the Oglala Sioux, The Wallace, The Killers Next Door, Blue Highways.

All for 50 cents each. Have I mentioned that I love my used book store?

message 14: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) I think your used bookstore kicks my used bookstore's was. I also think you overpaid for Wizard's First Rule.

message 15: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Ass. Stoopid phone.

message 16: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Above the comment box it says "add book/author." Click that and you can choose title or cover.

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments Remember when marie learned how to click "reply?"

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Geez, Marie!! That's a lot!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I need to go to Costco the next time you do.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

It's okay. I just need to take back this coat that makes me feel like a large largeness.

message 21: by Arminius (new)

Arminius I received Henry Clay: The Essential American. I also just bought The Manly Art: Bare-Knuckle Prize Fighting in America thanks to Harry mentioning it.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I got more! I just got a package from karen, today. ISN'T THAT NICE?! She sent me The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating and A Beastly Menagerie. They are beautiful!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

message 23: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 5731 comments I bought The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating for myself for Christmas because of it's lovely bookness and title.