~2014 Reading Challenge~ discussion

2011 Challenge Tracking > Missy's 2011 50 book/ 2011 page challenge

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missy (last edited Feb 03, 2011 08:54AM) (new)

Missy (soogie) | 204 comments Mod
This is where I will be listing my books and pages as I finish my books.

Took me a while but I got tickers working. Now to finish up the books I am currently reading so I can start off the year all fresh......

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Jones | 8 comments Missy, where are your books?? The leader doesn't have anything posted, you need to step it up LOL!

message 3: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) haha Ashley. What about that Missy?

message 4: by Missy (new)

I know, I know I am a slacker!!! I am making time to read today no matter what! These kids have been out for all the snow and I can't get a minute to myself! I will get it I promise.

message 5: by Missy (new)

I know I am going to get a lot of razzing from my friends who know how coupon obsessed I have been lately but my first book of the year is: Supershop like the Coupon Queen by Susan Samtur
Supershop like the Coupon Queen

HAHA I have several other books going but I finished this one... I plan on adding another one or two after vacation this week. Mom and I are going to sewing school. Hopefully we won't be too tired to relax at the end of the day.

Ashley this should give you enough ammo to harass me for a whole 12 hour shift. LOL

message 6: by Missy (new)

notice my little butterfly on my ticker got finally flap a wing! Take flight my friend take flight HAHA

message 7: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (sheilaj) Congratulations Missy! Sewing school? My other hobby other than reading is quilting, so I hope you enjoy yourself.

message 8: by Missy (new)

thanks Sheila! My mother and I are going to Martha Pullen's School of Art Fashion. Can't wait!

message 9: by Missy (last edited Apr 18, 2011 04:18AM) (new)

I finished another book. At the rate I am going I will be doing nothing in December but reading in order to reach my goal.
Book #2: The Thirteenth Chime (Sense of Truth, #1) by Emma Michaels The Thirteenth Chime

message 10: by Missy (new)

#3 Something Borrowed (Darcy & Rachel, #1) by Emily Giffin Something Borrowed Good Book... thought the ending could have been better but good chick lit book

message 11: by Missy (new)

#4. Dead Reckoning (Sookie Stackhouse, #11) by Charlaine Harris Dead Reckoning

didn't go where I thought it was going but liked it just the same... wondering how she is going to end this thing.. I will be very disappointed if I followed along then it has a bad ending......

message 12: by Missy (new)

5. Beastly by Alex Flinn Beastly. Brooke borrowed it from her friend and since they both liked it, I thought I would read it. It was a quick read and I loved it!! Cute... I needed to escape into a happy ending fairy tale for the the day. Now back to my reality and the mountain of laundry that waits me before I head off the ballfield.

Notice I started out very slow and I am now averaging 1 book /month. I might make it after all if I buckle down this summer and give myself time to read.

message 13: by Missy (new)

6. Are You Ready! to Take Charge, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Change Your Life Forever by Bob Harper Are You Ready!: to Take Charge, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Change Your Life Forever Loved it.. I read it on the treadmill.. Now I know that I can make the font big enough I can read without holding the nook I am going to read a lot more on the treadmill.

message 14: by Missy (new)

Kids are back to school which means I will have more time to read!! Yea!

message 16: by Dar B (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Missy, my parents bought me the book when they were out here in early August and I loved it, too! Very touching and interesting! HOw are you doing, lady? What do you think of finding Robin on fb??

message 17: by Missy (new)

Darla, Sorry it took so long to get back on here. Been crazy. I am trying to lose 100lbs before I turn 40 so I have been doing a lot of running. I was shocked that Robin was on fb LOL. I was glad to find Chief and even Skipwith. He has not changed a bit.

message 18: by Missy (new)

8. The Complete Book Of Running For Women by Claire Kowalchik The Complete Book Of Running For Women I am trying to run so this took some of my time. For the record I should have made my goal to read 11 books this year. how sad.......

message 19: by Dar B (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Missy wrote: "Darla, Sorry it took so long to get back on here. Been crazy. I am trying to lose 100lbs before I turn 40 so I have been doing a lot of running. I was shocked that Robin was on fb LOL. I was gl..."

When did you have 100 pounds to lose? How many have you lost? I need to lose at least that much, myself. I cannot wait until my knee surgery, so that I'm no longer in pain. I love that goal that you have, way to go!!!

It was so wonderful to find Chief, he is such a good, sweet man! It seems that he is happy, too. Yeah, Jerry does look the same! His lady must be somebody special- lol.

message 20: by Dar B (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Do you ever hear from that guy that followed you around... Dale??

message 21: by Missy (new)

LOL.. yes he used to call alot but we saw him when we went to Destin. He and his brother came to see us for dinner and I haven't heard from him since.

message 22: by Missy (new)

9. The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Help. I am on a roll. I might break through to double digits LOL

message 23: by Missy (new)

10. The Christmas Wedding The Christmas Wedding by James Patterson Double Digits Baby!!! I am such a slacker! I thought 50 in one year was going to be so easy. Wrong!

message 24: by Missy (new)

11. The Hunger Games The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins It took me a chapter or two to get into it but by the end I couldn't put it down. When I first started it I kept wondering why all my friends raved about it. Thankfully I stuck it out.

So 2011 I read 11 books. How disappointing? I did get the nook tablet so I am more exciting about reading on my new toy. I will read more next year.

message 25: by Dar B (new)

Dar B (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Don't be disappointed, Missy. That is more than some people read in their lifetime! You are very busy, it's amazing that you read that much!