Advanced Avatar Roleplay discussion

Roleplay > Forest Roleplay

Comments Showing 1-50 of 442 (442 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((This is where the true Na'vi people roleplay. This is where they roleplay in Hometree, as well as quite a bit of land area around Hometree. The dreamwalkers will come here soon.))

message 2: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ((Shame, Dreamwalkers. You're going to have to put up with my Na'vi characters harrassing you >=)

Crap. I have a dreamwalker *facepalm*))

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Haha. That's how I feel in warriors sometimes.))

message 4: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ((How come?))

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Well... hmm... I had a reason earlier but I forgot. :P))

message 6: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ((Does it have anything to do with that kittypet? What's his name? Scamper? Or is it Ashwhisker... OR something else entirely... *Pokeprodpoke*))

message 7: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Ashwhisker and Scamper and B... whatsername (Scamper's mate) and then something else too.))

message 8: by SpazzyJazzy (new)

SpazzyJazzy ((Um... dunno. Dapplewing? I've gotta go. Catch my last few moments at home before I have to pack for camping up at the Bay of Islands. See ya in about 2 weeks!))

message 9: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mmphrr.))

message 10: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Mayli'an opened her bright eyes to the cool morning air and squinted a bit as her pupils reacted to the light filtering through the trees. She stood and looked around her - the majority of her Na'vi Clan members were already up and awake. She gave a small smile and walked to the spiral column in the middle of Hometree. She agilely climbed onto the spiral and ran up, stopping when she got to an opening a few hundred feet up where there was a huge branch of Hometree, large enough for her to easily fit her Ikran on.

Stopping for a minute, she looked down. The drop must have been around a thousand feet from where she was standing. She smiled again and watched the brightly colored creatures flying past, listened to the sounds of the Ikran in the branches of Hometree, and felt the wind pass by her. She raised her hands to her lips and cupped them, and then chirped loudly. Mayli'an then looked around. Her eyes followed and odd pattern in the trees, white where there should be brown and black where there should be green, with a hint of red. She sighed and called again, and this time the creature shrieked and dove from above, his huge wings flapping as he landed just in front of her. She let out a laugh and reached out to stroke him, grinning as he clicked his jaws together in joy.

They sat there for a while, and then she wished for the company of another Na'vi. She let out a high-pitched whoop and raised her long braid to Ni'an, bonding them. Then she jumped on his back and they both dove from the branch, his brightly colored wings shooting out to catch them in the air. They flew, casting a shadow on the creatures and Na'vi in the field below, gliding in circles for a while before landing with the huge thud of wings. She jumped off of Ni'an and released the bond, batting his neck, feeling the muscles beneath his smooth skin. She looked at her friends and family around her.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Rian was just getting up when she saw Mayli'an and her Ikran. Her mouth formed an 'o' as she watched her land. She couldn't wait until two days from now when she got her own.

message 12: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Iyota, the Clan Leader, sauntered into the bleached sunlight that poured from the vast sky above. He squinted against the morning starlight to see the Ikran shooting about the evergreen branches. Glancing over to another branch, he saw Mayli'an and brought up a hand in a waving guesture.
Marching closer to the the spiral column, he looked about his kingdom of the hometree. It was peaceful, but how long would it last? Pushing the thought out of his head, he climbed up the column, a steady rythum forming with every step as he got closer to the branch where Mayli'an stood.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Rian sighed and found her bow, slinging it across her back. Two more days. Two more days. Then she'd have an Ikran all to herself.

message 14: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la | 130 comments ((More questions! What is a Dreamwalker?))

message 16: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la | 130 comments ((Ah. Thanks.))

message 17: by Kayla (last edited Dec 29, 2010 07:19PM) (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((They were on the branch anymore... They landed on the ground. O.o Meh. I'll pretend they hadn't flown yet.))

Mayli'an gave a small nod to the Clan leader, also taking a moment to murmur the usual, "I see you," in her own language, though she wasn't positive Iyota had heard her. She patted the strong beck of Ni'an and then leapt onto him, diving downto the ground hundreds of feet below. She hopped off and severed the bond; then she walked over to Rian, smiling. "I see that you are excited for your bonding," she observed. She would be one of the warriors accompanying those to Iknamaya.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (falls) | 133 comments Rian nodded. "Very." She forced herself to calm down, practically shaking with excitement. Once she was a warrior, no one would consider her the small and the weak. Again she shoved away the thought that Na'vi two years younger had already been bonded.

message 19: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Iyota nodded and looked among his people, his kind. He would lead them, whether it be through sickness or battle. This was his life, and he couldn't change it.
A familiar noise echoed through the hollow leaves as he cupped his hands and croaked. His Ikran had landed on the branch next to him. Long, beautiful wings extended form her foam green body marked with an endless aray of black lines. Iyota clapped hands once. "Syndha." He muttered the word as he jumped on her back, bonding to the great neast.
Syndha flapped her enourmus wings and soared downward before swooping up. Iyota's gaze fell upon the center of the hometree where most of his clanmates were arising.

message 20: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Okay, guys. We are pretending that this is actually two days from now. It is the day that Mayli'an is taking the new warrior to bond. The dreamwalkers will come early this morning.))

message 21: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la | 130 comments ((Yay.))

Taronyu blinked open his eyes and stretched luxuriously, all flailing limbs and carelessness. His nimble body had no trouble staying in the hammock-like bed, though, even with all of his movement. He was a bit late to wake this morning, he noted as he swung out of the hammock and made his way down to the forest floor. He collected his bow and spear, slinging the bow over his back for later use. The spear he kept in one hand, and he placed several wickedly carved knives into a sling across his chest. Nothing would catch him off guard - not that anything usually did. He began to walk aimlessly through his comrades, watching as some took to the sky. He would be doing no such thing for pleasure; he'd rather rely on his own feet to carry him rather than place his trust in that mongrel of an Ikran.

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments Mi'niri jumped from branch to branch, searching for her Ikran. Her Ikran, Zrina, was hiding again. She was in no mood for hide-and-seek today. Where was that Ikran? She saw a flash of blue amoungst the bright green leaves of the tree. The instant she looked away, the blue color disappeared. Oh sure, she could climb down the tree, but didn't feel like it today. Typical of Zrina to pick today to hide when the Na'vi felt her laziest. Sighing, she plopped down on the branch and closed her eyes, drinking in the warm golden rays of the sun. Her tactic was to ignore her Ikran until it came to her. But today, Zrina was all smarts, not falling for any trick. A few minutes later, she gave up and started climbing down the tree.

message 23: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Mayli'an let a smile come to her lips. She looked around at the other Na'vi who were waking up. She murmured softly to Ni'an and then patted his neck as he screeched and took one giant leap into the air, his wings thudding through the air.

She looked back at Rian. "Get ready," she told her. "You must be prepared for the journey." She gave a nod and then turned and took long, running leaps towards Taronyu. "You must be ready too," she murmured to him. He would also be going to Iknamaya today with herself and Rian.

She then took long, slow steps to the bottom of Hometree. She could see Mi'niri halfway up - so she chirped loudly. It wasn't urgent. Mayli'an could see she was looking for something - probably her ikran, if the creature was being difficult again.

((You guys can make the avatar characters get into the links and come soon))

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments ((Excuse me? She chriped? Wahhh?))

message 25: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((You haven't seen the movie Jenn, but in the movie the way Neytiri calls her ikran is by making a high-pitched, short chirping sound that reverberates through the trees.))

message 26: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments ((Okee. So is Mayli'an calling for Mi'niri's Ikran or what?))

message 27: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) ((Does the Clan leader come too?))

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((The Clan leader is supposed to stay behind, I believe. And Jenn, she was calling to Mi'niri. The chirp was just a way to get her attention.))

message 29: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments Mi'niri looked down to see the Spiritual Leader. She sighed and scrambled quickly down the Hometree until caught up with Mayli'an. "You call for me?" she asked once she caught her breath. She looked up to see if her Ikran was in sight, and saw nothing but branches and other Na'vi. Sighing, she gave up her search and turned her attention back to the Spiritual Leader.

message 30: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
Mayli'an noddd and grinned. "Were you looking for Zrina?" she asked in a sly voice. She pulled a knife from her belt and twirled it in hr fingers. It was a spiritual toy, not a hunting weapon. "I was wondering if you wanted to accompanymr in taking Rian and Taronyu to bond with their ikran today?"

message 31: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments "I was looking for her." Mi'niri admitted. "I hate how she picks this day to hide from me." sighing, she wondered if Zrina would obey if Mayli'an was her bonded Na'vi. Probably not. The Ikran was both mischievious and stubborn. "I'd love to come." she nodded. It was fun watching new Na'vi warriors trying to capture and bond with their Ikran.

message 32: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Hytal scrabbled up the branches and saw the Spiritual Leader, Mayli'an. She stood up brished herself off before strutting to Mayli'an. "Am I going too, Mayli'an?"

message 33: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
"You're the one who chose her," Mayli'an scolded in a very teasing sort of way. She turned her upper body to look at Hytal. "Of course! " she murmured, her eyes wide in mock surprise. "Just make sure you're ready!" She directed this last comment at both of them.

message 34: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments ((Err. Do they have to fly to where ever they are going?))

Mi'niri nodded and searched the skies again. She let out a high-pitched chirping noise, hoping to call Zrina over. The Ikran must have took pity on her, because Zrina soon flew down and landed next to her. "There you are." she scolded the Ikran and rubbed the top of it's head.

message 35: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) Hytal nodded. "Yes, of course Mayli'an." She jumped down the branches and walked over to her nest, beginning to pack her bag for the journey to the mountain side.

message 36: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Nope, they don't fly. The ones who aren't bonded yet can't, so they walk/ride direhorses. And now we pretty much have to pause here because Rian and Taronyu aren't here.))

message 37: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments ((What's direhorses?

Speaking of horses... www.howrse.net :P))

message 39: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments ((I WANT ONE OF THOSE HORSE THINGIES))

message 40: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((I know, right??? :P))

message 41: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) ((Me too!))

message 42: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la | 130 comments ((Taronyu's already bonded, you sillies.))

message 43: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((I'm aware. She was telling him to get ready because she was originally going to have him come with them to the floating mountains, but once the dreamwalkers come he'll stay behind with them. So we need him. :D))

message 44: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) ((Good plan.))

message 45: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la | 130 comments ((Ohhhhh. *Ignorant* Ok, then. So, he needs that silly Ikran of his now, right?))

message 46: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 307 comments Mod
((Oops. The one thing was a major typo. I was fraying to say 'come with me and taronyu and rian to bond with hr ikran.' O.o))

message 47: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments Yum-Yum the Warrior wrote: "((I'm aware. She was telling him to get ready because she was originally going to have him come with them to the floating mountains, but once the dreamwalkers come he'll stay behind with them. So w..."

((I'm lost again))

message 48: by Syeira-la (new)

Syeira-la | 130 comments Taronyu nodded in response to Mayli'an and turned to face the looming, light-dappled forest. He whistled sharply once and then watched the skyline expectantly. His Ikran might be rebellious, but it knew about obedience and would know that it was expected here immediately. True to form, the Ikran cascaded through the air to the forest floor beside Taronyu. The Na'vi thought amusedly that Iley was looking particularly annoyed with him today, though it was hard to tell an Ikran's exact emotions without being bonded to it.

message 49: by Shayla (new)

Shayla (shaylaalexander) ((What are you confused with, Jen?))

message 50: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 42 comments ((Post 43))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9