Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Freebies & Discounts > Discounted E-Books

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments I was not sure where to put this so forgive me if there was a better folder for this.

There are apparently a bunch of e-books for Kindle and the Nook selling at ~40% (or less) holiday discount: $5.00. It's not really cheap but for me, the temptation is too great for a few of the books. Maybe I can resist. lol.

Anyway, just follow the link to the list:

Many popular books (Kindle/Nook) discounted to $5.00

message 2: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Thanks niquae, I've been noticing B&N and Amazon have a lot of their books (even hardcovers and paperbacks) discounted today, but I agree that when the ebooks are so low it's hard to resist.

message 3: by Erika (last edited Dec 25, 2010 11:03AM) (new)

Erika (erikareading) Thanks niquae! I also checked out this Amazon discussion thread and found more $5.00 books. Unfortunately, the one I would buy with no hesitation is not available in Canada :( (Cutting for Stone).

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/foru...

If you jump to the last two pages of the thread. There are a lot today!

message 4: by The UHQ Nasanta (last edited Dec 29, 2010 11:51AM) (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments There's 60% off all Christmas Titles at Harlequin today only, and some of the Christmas books are on sale as well.

message 5: by Lisarenee (last edited Dec 30, 2010 06:01AM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments eBook Deals under $5.00 can be found on the following B&N link. Please note Amazon seems to sport the sames deals:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/eBook...

Some of the notable savings:
Evermore (The Immortals, #1) by Alyson Noel The Heir by Grace Burrowes Need (Need, #1) by Carrie Jones Marked (House of Night, #1) by P.C. Cast Midnight in Death (In Death, #7.5) by J.D. Robb Portal (Portal Chronicles, #1) by Imogen Rose Equilibrium (Portal Chronicles, #2) by Imogen Rose Quantum (Portal Chronicles, #3) by Imogen Rose Strange Bedpersons (MIRA) by Jennifer Crusie Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking The Good, the Bad, and the Undead (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows, #2) by Kim Harrison The Dark Divine (The Dark Divine, #1) by Bree Despain
Evermore (Immortals Series #1)by Alyson Noel ebook for $2.99(on both Amazon and B&N)

The Heir by Grace Burrowes eBook for $2.99 B&N & $2.39 Amazon

Need by Carrie Jones eBook $1.99 (on both Amazon and B&N)

Marked (House of Night Series #1) by P. C. Cast eBook for $2.99 (on both Amazon and B&N)

Midnight in Death (In Death Series) by J. D. Robb eBook for $1.99 (on both Amazon and B&N) Only $2.99 for paperback on Amazon and $2.93 for paperback at B&N

PORTAL (Portal Chronicles Book One) eBook by Imogen Rose for $0.99(on both Amazon and B&N) B&N, however has a special edition for the same price
EQUILIBRIUM (Portal Chronicles Book Two) eBook for $3.99
QUANTUM (Portal Chronicles Book Three) eBook for $3.99

Strange Bedpersons by Jennifer Crusie eBook $1.61 (on both Amazon and B&N)

Switched (Trylle Trilogy, #1) by Amanda Hocking eBook for $0.99(on both Amazon and B&N)

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead with Bonus Material by Kim Harrison eBook $1.99 (on both Amazon and B&N)

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain eBook for $2.39 (on both Amazon and B&N)

message 6: by Lisarenee (last edited Dec 30, 2010 04:30PM) (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Deals on Amazon. Does anyone know if these are indie authors?

Hush Money (Talent Chronicles #1) by Susan Bischoff Immortal by Lauren Burd Safe Landing by Tess Oliver Lost, a vampire romance by Lori Devoti Hollowland by Amanda Hocking Blood of Gold by B.V. Larson My Blood Approves (My Blood Approves, #1) by Amanda Hocking Starfire Angels by Melanie Nilles Falling From Grace (Grace, #1) by S.L. Naeole Royal Blood by Kolina Topel Aphrodite's Kiss (Time of Your Life) by Julie Kenner Camille by Tess Oliver

Hush Money (Talent Chronicles 1) by Susan Bischoff for $.99 on Amazon

Immortal by Lauren Burd for $0.99 on Amazon

Safe Landing by Tess Oliver for $0.99 on Amazon

Lost, a vampire romance by Lori Devoti for $0.99 on Amazon

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking for $0.99 on amazon

Blood of Gold (Seeker Series) by B. V. Larson for
$0.99 on Amazon

My Blood Approves by Amanda Hocking for $0.99 on Amazon

Royal Blood by Kolina Topel $0.99 on Amazon

Starfire Angels (Starfire Angels: Dark Angel Ch... by Melanie Nilles for $0.99 on Amazon

Falling From Grace (Grace Series) by S.L. Naeole for $2.99 on Amazon

Aphrodite's Kiss by Julie Kenner for $0.99 on Amazon

Camille by Tess Oliver for $0.99 on Amazon

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 466 comments Amanda Hocking, SL Naeole, and Susan Bischoff are indie authors. The others may be as well, but I'm not sure about them.

message 8: by Marcia (new)

Marcia Stauber (parismarcia) | 17 comments anyone with a sony e reader should check daily or at least weekly in the Bargain Priced section there are always books for free and they are not just junk books but good reads. I get at least 4 to 5 a month so check it out.

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Remember Zombie love? There's a book that is being discounted for February called Married with Zombies. It's $2.99. :D Sans? Want to give this one a try? lol.

message 10: by Sans (new)

Sans Well, shoot! I really can't buy any books in February. Darn. I'll have to pass on the Married with Zombies book. XD

message 11: by Tai (new)

Tai (msglam) | 101 comments Deal of the Day is at $20 B&N gift certificate for $10. http://www.groupon.com/

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Reeves (barefootdokusha) | 0 comments Now if groupon would accept PayPal! I have PayPal funds but none on my pre-paid credit card. :( Hopefully the other card I order will be here soon. I'll be able to move my PayPal funds to the other card!

message 13: by Sashana (new)

Sashana Barnes and Noble is offering Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr for only $0.99. Check it out.

message 14: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Orbit's March Book of the Month:

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1) by Nicole Peeler

It is selling for $2.99, e-book.

Webpage

message 15: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments Unlocked by Courtney Milan, a novella, available for $0.99 at Amazon.com - and probably B&N.com.

It seems to have decent ratings, at least on Amazon.com. Haven't checked anywhere else yet.

message 16: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments October Treats from Simon & Schuster/ Pocket Books (E-Book discounts)
GET THESE PARANORMAL ROMANCE E-BOOKS FOR JUST $3.99 FROM OCTOBER 11TH TILL NOVEMBER 1ST! I believe most, if not all, E-Book retailers will be selling them at this discounted price, but I have been unable to confirm at this time.

Dark Warrior Unleashed (Talions, #1) by Alexis Morgan Dark Protector (Paladins of Darkness, #1) by Alexis Morgan Dark Stranger (Primes, #8) by Susan Sizemore Masked by Moonlight (Moonlight , #1) by Nancy Gideon Awaken Me Darkly (Alien Huntress, #1) by Gena Showalter A Hunger Like No Other (Immortals After Dark, #2) by Kresley Cole Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (Daughters of the Glen, #1) by Melissa Mayhue Raziel (The Fallen, #1) by Kristina Douglas Tempting the Highlander (Highlander, #4) by Janet Chapman Tempt Me with Darkness (Doomsday Brethren, #1) by Shayla Black Moonlight Warrior (Midnight Bay, #1) by Janet Chapman I Burn for You (Primes, #1) by Susan Sizemore Marked by Moonlight (Moon Chasers, #1) by Sharie Kohler Hush (Lodestone Trilogy, #1) by Cherry Adair How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper Gentlemen Prefer Succubi (Succubus Diaries, #1) by Jill Myles Enemy Lover (L.O.S.T #1) by Karin Harlow Earl of Darkness by Alix Rickloff Blood Trinity (Belador, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 17: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Oct 19, 2011 02:10PM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments Looks like Amazon is selling those for $3.99. Wish I had my Kindle Fire already!

Checked the first couple books at B&N and Books A Million and they are $3.99, too.

message 18: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments Carol wrote: "Looks like Amazon is selling those for $3.99. Wish I had my Kindle Fire already!

Checked the first couple books at B&N and Books A Million and they are $3.99, too."

Can't you buy them and just download them later? I don't have a Kindle, but I have the Kindle for PC and I've gotten a few (free) books. I can't imagine why they wouldn't sell to you.

message 19: by A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (last edited Oct 19, 2011 02:24PM) (new)

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments I have to see. There's a drop down that says Deliver to Carol's Kindle and when I drop it down there isn't an option to deliver to my computer. My husband gets paid tonight, so I'll try buying tomorrow and see what happens.

Edit: Ok, I downloaded the app Kindle for PC and now I have that option in the drop down. :)

message 20: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (pebblesy) Lisarenee wrote: "October Treats from Simon & Schuster/ Pocket Books (E-Book discounts)
GET THESE PARANORMAL ROMANCE E-BOOKS FOR JUST $3.99 FROM OCTOBER 11TH TILL NOVEMBER 1ST! I believe most, if not all, E-Book re..."

Was so excited with this! But every one I have searched doesn't have kindle versions. Wonder if this is due to me being in New Zealand

message 21: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments Suzanne wrote: "Lisarenee wrote: "October Treats from Simon & Schuster/ Pocket Books (E-Book discounts)
GET THESE PARANORMAL ROMANCE E-BOOKS FOR JUST $3.99 FROM OCTOBER 11TH TILL NOVEMBER 1ST! I believe most, if..."

Yes, you can only buy ebooks from your country. Although some people in Australia have said, I think, that they can buy from Amazon UK.

message 22: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (pebblesy) It's so hard when I see everyone reviewing all these great books - especially wanting Kresley Coles and Molly Harpers, but I just have no way of getting them yet! Also - can't find a way on Amazon to say "inform me when this becomes available in kindle form for me" Now that would be handy!

message 23: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 7659 comments It always seems strange that a book can be gotten in one place and not another. I'm pretty sure you can read books on your kindle in other countries. I wonder if you can purchase more if you're in another country?

A Voracious Reader (a.k.a. Carol) (avidreader68) | 724 comments My guess is the copyright laws are preventing the ebook versions being released in some countries and later in others.

message 25: by Shay (new)

Shay | 923 comments Lisarenee wrote: "It always seems strange that a book can be gotten in one place and not another. I'm pretty sure you can read books on your kindle in other countries. I wonder if you can purchase more if you're in ..."

No, they track your IP address and I think you need a credit card with an address located in the country. Like if you want to watch streaming TV- if your IP is out of the country it will not load. For the TV though, you can use an internet proxy that masks your IP and shows one in the correct country.

message 26: by The UHQ Nasanta (new)

The UHQ Nasanta (uhqs) | 829 comments I don't know if it is discounted (probably is) or the official price but Sabriel (Abhorsen, #1) by Garth Nix by Garth Nix is available for $1.99 as an ebook.

Amazon Kindle | Nook

If you haven't already read this, I recommend it. It is an excellent fantasy novel that is suitable for young adults.

message 28: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments From 12/21/12 to 12/23/12 midnight eastern time All of H.D. Gordon's books will be on sale for $2.99 with the exception of Joe. Joe will be sold for $4.99 and 100% of the proceeds from those sales of Joe will be donated to the families of the victims of the Connecticut Elementary School shooting, Sandy Hook.

Amazon Link to her author page
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B009W9FNSY

message 29: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Thanks, Midu!

message 30: by Midu (new)

Midu Hadi | 2744 comments hey LK! posted in the right thread I hope?

message 31: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 15159 comments Yes, you did, Midu! ☺