Book Geeks and Bookniks discussion

Did you receive any book related gifts?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Did you get a new book/Kindle/Nook/audio for Xmas?

message 2: by Lisa S (last edited Dec 25, 2010 10:39AM) (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I got a KOBO. Plus the books Whisper of a Witch,The First Wife and The Face of Death

message 3: by Julie (new)

Julie | 59 comments My main gift from DH was a Nook which I got on Black Friday. DD bought me Full Dark, No Stars which we had both read and declared a keeper. I'm going to loan my new copy to my brother first thing!

message 4: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments I have not gotten any books or book related items. I don't know that I really want an eReader, I love the feel and smell of real books!! And since I got an iPod I knew that was all I was getting! But my son is getting a couple of books that I want to read! LOL!

message 5: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Sara, I didn't think I wanted an ereader either, but now that I have one, I'm not gonna turn it down. LOL

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Our children gave us a Kobo. I didn't care about an e-reader before, but I can use this with the library, and it did come loaded with 100 classics.

message 7: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (gkonkler5) I got a bookmark with my name engraved on it.

A library kit. Which is a set of the old fashioned library check out materials. Ya know a pocket for the card, cards to file when someone borrows the book, date stamp. Only missing is something to file the cards in. Have to decided if I really want to to put these in my books and which ones etc.

Also, a Borders gift card which I'm off to spend when I'm done here. Or maybe I'll wait till top ten list is compiled.

message 8: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I forgot to mention my grandson made 2 bookmarks for me.

message 9: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Carol, I got a KOBO also, but mine only came with 25 classics preloaded. How do you use it with the library?

message 10: by Sara (new)

Sara (rstjm4) | 70 comments Carol wrote: "Our children gave us a Kobo. I didn't care about an e-reader before, but I can use this with the library, and it did come loaded with 100 classics."

Our library only takes certian eReaders for certain books. Maybe eventually but since I haven't bought a book in over a year I don't really want to start buying for an eReader...

message 11: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) Lisa S wrote: "Carol, I got a KOBO also, but mine only came with 25 classics preloaded. How do you use it with the library?"
I am not sure. My son was doing all types of techie things on my computer. He installed Borders e-books, Calibre and Adobe digital editions. I am thinking of taking the KOBO to the library to see if they can help me.

message 12: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Will you please let me know anything you find out? Thanks.

message 13: by Stacey (new)

Stacey What exactly is a KOBO? How does it differ from a Nook or Kindle?

message 14: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) A KOBO is an ereader, but not as popular as Nook or Kindle. I really can't compare them, I haven't used the other two.

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol (actutor) The Kobo is compatible with more platforms. It can be used with libraries and google books also. It is sold by Borders. During the blizzard last night, I downloaded a few free/low cost books from Borders.

Carol

message 16: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) I didn't receive anything book-related! My brother did give me a community cookbook from our hometown and my sister gave me an interesting book and I can't remember its name!

message 17: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (miranda_d) This is the first year I didn't get anything really book related - although I did get a subscription to Cooking Light which I adore! I'll have to go and hit the bookstore this week and get my fix! LOL

message 18: by Laurel (new)

Laurel (laureljean) I treated myself to quite a few Kindle downloads so I'm not hurting. LOL!

message 19: by Tina (new)

Tina (lancejrmommy) | 59 comments Nothing book related this year but I did get a Nook for our anniversary.

message 20: by Dannielle (new)

Dannielle Insalaco | 51 comments I got several books and 2 gift cards...I'm saving one to get the new Alice Hoffman on 1/25!

message 21: by Elise (new)

Elise I got several gift cards. The best ones were from my sons for Amazon. They wanted to load me up with Kindle books!

message 22: by Theresa (new)

Theresa I received The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and War is Not Over When it's Over, both from friends. I am looking forward to reading them--or in the case of the first, re-reading.

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer  (jml_417) I got my Kindle from my parents, but my Mom gave it to me back in the summer - I knew I was getting it and she didn't want to have me wait so long. Plus, we knew we'd be travelling over the holidays and she wanted me to be able to download books so I wouldn't have to lug a bunch with me and weigh down my luggage.

Other than that, nothing else book related.