Young Adult Book Reading Challenges discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
City of Bones > Status

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ashley (readerandwriter) I'm currentl on chapter eight in the book.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm just through the first chapter. I know it's too soon to say a single word, but I'm not too excited about the book yet.

message 3: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2687 comments Mod
I am waiting for my copy from the library!! Hopefully it gets here soon!

message 4: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) I don't have much time to read this month so I'm unable to read this selection, at least at this time with the group. ☹

Ashley (readerandwriter) Lisa, sorry you will have to miss out on the fun.

message 6: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Hopefully I'll read it at some point!

Ashley (readerandwriter) I am on chapter 10 and it just got really good and interesting. :)

message 8: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I think my library is cutting back on how often they deliver books between libraries so it takes even longer to get books... I probably won't get this till the 2nd week of August!

message 9: by lionlady (new)

lionlady | 32 comments I'm on the wait list at the library, too. They say I'm 3rd in line and may not get the book for 3 weeks :~(

Ashley (readerandwriter) that sucks lionlady. another reason to just buy the book..lol

message 11: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am 4th in line at my library but that's OK lionlady you and I will just be late starters this month!

message 12: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie | 16 comments Have the book, now will start it this weekend!

message 13: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I feel like it is taking soooo long. I might just go buy it!

Ashley (readerandwriter) I think that would be the best thing Angie

message 15: by HeyT (last edited Aug 07, 2008 10:42PM) (new)

HeyT I'm finished!

message 16: by HeyT (new)

HeyT It was alright.

message 17: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dang this book taking so long to get to me!

Tera (TheBookishAbyss) I read the entire book yesterday in between packing and getting ready for vacation. It was so good I just could not put it down and when I had to put it down, it was all I could think about! Fantastic book!

Kathy (thebrainlair) I'm about halfway through the book, just finished chap 13. The book is good but not great, so far. I enjoy reading it, but I can easily put it down.

message 20: by HeyT (new)

HeyT Yeah, that's how it was for me.

message 21: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Stiefvater (maggie_stiefvater) I'm with you, Angie, I'm still waiting for the book to get here!

J-Lynn Van Pelt | 43 comments Finished. I liked it. I think the second book has a lot of potential--I went out and bought it.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished CITY OF BONES last night. I know I didn't start with the best attitude, but I pretty much continued in that same vein. Boring. Repetitive relationship issues between Clary and Jace that drag the book on endlessly. Too much informational dialogue. Predictable plot line: action, relationship development, action, relationship development. Classes of underworlds and the Clave were created for convenience sake as the need arose. The Star Wars family relation ending was cheap. It also finishes with a complete set up for the next book: no dice on the mortal cup.

Ashley (readerandwriter) I'm on chapter 14. I'm really liking it. Theres a lot of action and mystery in it.

Nikki (nikk329) | 32 comments I just started Sunday because I was waiting for it at the library. I'm only to chapter 4 and it seems ok so far.

message 26: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 12, 2008 02:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Suzanne | 7 comments I'm almost through chapter 9 and I'm not totally engrossed yet. Hopefully it will pick up soon. Right now it seems like a major mix between Buffy and Charmed. I enjoy both of these shows a lot so I still have hope.

message 27: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am 1 away at the library! YEAH!

Ashley (readerandwriter) Finished it just now.

Suzanne | 7 comments Alright I'm to chapter 16 now and it's gotten better. A lot of action.

message 30: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I feel like I am NEVER going to get this book! I have been number 1 all week long at the library and still nothing.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Sorry to interupt, I just want to make sure you all are still reading City of Bones. That is what the topic says but when I saw that someone was still waiting for the book, and someone just started chapter one a bit of paranoia kicked in that you were talking about Stardust. I have Stardust already but I've been waiting till someone said go or something to start reading it. I'm new as of like a week ago and don't really know how this thing works yet.

message 32: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

This thread is still about City of Bones, you read it through the whole month of August. So some people start later then others (like me who still hasn't been able to get the book). The discussion for Stardust will start September 1st. Usually the person who is the discussion leader will have already read it so they can start the conversations (but that is not a must it's up to them how they want to do it). So you have the whole month of September to read Stardust. You can even read previous book club reads and still add to the discussion on those, they are not closed. Hope this helps.

Ashley (readerandwriter) Chevy,

You should see discussion threads up for Stardust first day of September.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

thanks, I'll just wait for everyone else.

message 35: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

My book is in! I will be starting it ASAP!

message 36: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Did you guys know Neil Gaiman is a Goodread's author? Maybe he will pop in for the Stardust book read!~! How cool would that be!

message 37: by Lisa (new) - added it

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) Angie, Yes, he is. Maybe the moderators here can invite him!

message 38: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

When we start the discussions I will send an invite and see what happens. Who knows?

message 39: by Elaine (last edited Aug 20, 2008 07:35AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elaine (readingrat) | 24 comments I'm on chapter 10 of City of Bones, but it hasn't really hooked me yet.

message 40: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I am about 100 pages in, I like it so far. I enjoy the different weapons used and the mystery of the story.

Elaine (readingrat) | 24 comments I really enjoyed chapters 13-15.

Nikki (nikk329) | 32 comments I just finished the book. I wasn't all that impressed in the first half but it got better and I'll probably read the next one at some point.

message 43: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Finished! In the nick of time!