Terminalcoffee discussion

Face Off! (Less Serious) > Christmas Eve v. Christmas

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Growing up it was Christmas day but for my 7 yr old son to deal with the excitement (that turns into anxiety for him) we did the 12 days of Christmas this year. Started with little gifts and we've worked our way up to the big day tomorrow when he gets the biggest gift and a big fat awesome stocking full of goodies and little boy delights like yo-yo's and slinkies!

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) It's worked out way better than I even thought it would. He really appreciates each present cos he has a whole day to focus on it. He can be so jaded.

message 3: by Brittomart (new)

Brittomart An uncle I haven't seen in almost 10 years just walked in and greeted me with "How the hell are you?"

Christmas eve is rocking right now.

message 4: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17346 comments Mod
It is all Christmas day for us. Today it is red wine and doritos.

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Britt-Britt wrote: "An uncle I haven't seen in almost 10 years just walked in and greeted me with "How the hell are you?"

Christmas eve is rocking right now."

Wow! That's so reminding of the end of A Christmas Carol!

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Misha wrote: "In my family, Christmas Eve was pizza and movies."

Cookies and movies here!

message 7: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments We open presents Christmas morning. None of this "one present on Christmas Eve" crap. My oldest was up at three and woke his brothers but they knew they couldn't open presents until six so they essentially pinballed around their rooms for three hours while I put a pillow over my head.

message 8: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Misha wrote: "In my family, Christmas Eve was pizza and movies."

Yes...this is exactly what happens with us. Last night we had pizza and watched Home Alone 2 on Netflix instant access or whatever. I actually read Franzen in the other room. Close enough.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

We celebrate Christmas Eve with my husbands family at the in-laws house. I miss most of it because I'm usually working. We have Christmas day at home to celebrate by ourselves. The in-laws come over for dinner. It's wonderful never having to drive anywhere on Christmas day.

message 10: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments Our son didn't fall asleep until 3:30. He did sleep from 8:30-10:00, but then couldn't get back to dreamland. I lay with him for a while, his mom tried rubbing his back, and still no luck. Eventually mom stayed with him while Santa came. At 2:30 he went downstairs and grabbed his stocking. That was enough for mom. She had him climb into bed with us, where he finally fell asleep. Luckily he dozed until 7:40.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori She DOES sound awesome! And so patient - she coulda just chewed that box apart. What kind of dog was she Misha?

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Since I'm from Sweden, and apparently we can't wait until the 25th, we always celebrate Christmas on the 24th! Big family dinner and then Santa comes with presents.

message 13: by Rebecca (last edited Dec 26, 2010 10:06AM) (new)

Rebecca White (rebecca_white) | 1028 comments Christmas eve for me is for casual gatherings, friends coming over to watch Christmas movies, possibly going out for breakfast at night, after which the churchgoers go to church. I usually put up the tree that day too, for reasons stated below. Christmas day is for family gathering and the dinner.

And because I admit to being a bit of a pedant (and a traditionalist and don't want people to forget) I have to point out that the twelve days of Christmas start with Christmas day and go into January with Epiphany! So that's when I really start my celebrating.