What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Kids Pretend Bunk Beds Are Pirate Ship

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma | 9 comments The story is about kids who are stuck inside on a rainy day and they turn their bunk beds into a pirate ship. It was my favorite book as a kid and I'm hoping to find out the title and track down a copy since mine is long gone. My mom also thinks that it is a British book. I was born in 1989, so it was published no later than 1997.

That's all I can remember about the book and I've tried finding the title on my own with no luck. Hopefully someone out there loved this book too and knows the title.

message 2: by Emma (new)

Emma | 9 comments Bump

message 3: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (lltoo) | 143 comments This is probably not it, but you might check out The MAGGIE B for a similar theme.

In your book did they actually depict the bunk bed ship sailing in water or was it all imagination?

message 4: by Emma (new)

Emma | 9 comments It wasn't The Maggie B.

I'm pretty certain that there were illustrations of the kids on an actual ship, since I remember pirate hats and a ship's wheel.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40094 comments Mod
Emma, are you still looking for this book?

message 6: by Emma (new)

Emma | 9 comments Yes I am, do you have any leads?

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Emma--if you bump up your thread every 30 to 60 days you'll have a better chance of having it ID'ed. AND it will not be viewed as Abandoned and will stay up here where people can see it and, hopefully, someday ID it.

message 8: by Emma (new)

Emma | 9 comments bump

message 9: by Kris (last edited Nov 22, 2013 09:15AM) (new)

Kris | 36021 comments Mod
Just a guess - Bunk Beds by Elizabeth Winthrop? There's a cover image on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Bunk-Beds-Eliza...

Was it a picture book? Color or black-and-white illustrations? A bunk bed? Two boys, or a boy and girl?

message 10: by Emma (new)

Emma | 9 comments It was a picture book, in color. I remember the illustrations being pretty current, so believe the book was published in the early 90s, but my library does have that Elizabeth Winthrop book so I'll check it out and see if it's the one.

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking, or was it "Bunk Beds?"

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

No response. Moving to Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Maggie B. (other topics)
Bunk Beds (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Winthrop (other topics)