Anything Goes discussion

General Topics > Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 238 (238 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette | 1282 comments Mod
Welcome to this group where you can chat about anything.

message 2: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 1454 comments Hi Bridgette!

Thanks for the invitation to join the group! What a good idea :-)

message 3: by Calum (new)

Calum (thesecretwriter) | 2 comments Hi Bridgette! I see a few familiar faces here :-)
Thanks for setting this group up,it's a great idea!

message 4: by Flora (new)

Flora Smith (bookwormflo) Hi,thanks for the invite. I'm always looking for good groups.

message 5: by Shirley (new)

Shirley (shirleythekindlereader) This sounds like just my cup of tea. Thanks for the invite. Looking forward to great discussions in 2011.

message 6: by Bridgette (new)

its ok, the more the merrier. i am quite sure we are going to have great discussions in the near future.

message 7: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments Hi Bridgette!

Thanks for the invitation to join the group. I always enjoy discussions about books.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary (ivybuttons) | 1431 comments Bridgette wrote: "Welcome to this group where you can chat about anything."
thank you for the invite, I like a good natter book related or not. Look forward to getting to know everyone. Maryxx

message 9: by Nick 2E0NAQ (new)

Nick 2E0NAQ (nick196742) Hi Bridgette!

Thanks for the invite to the group and sorry that it has taken me a while to say HI!
I enjoy reading all kinds of Author's I wont list them as you can see them on my profile. I have always been interested in reading but found it very hard going in my early years. I was about 27 when I found out that I am Dyslexic and my tutor told me that if I can find an author this I like reading I would get on better. So I did and the rest is history.
I am a member of another group on Good reads. I have just started a discussion on dyslexic. Because I interested in how other people have over come Dyslexic
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL! I am looking forward to joining in the discussions in this group too.
Nick

message 10: by Angela (new)

Angela (bookangel2) | 1454 comments Hi Nick,
Good to meet you! I hope that you enjoy being part of this group - have you visited the Coffee shop yet? I think people can be found there at most times of the day, ready to have a chat.
How's Lowestoft? We haven't been there for a while, but used to visit regularly when our children were small - many large sandcastles were built in our time!!
Happy New Year.... and happy reading too.

message 11: by Nick 2E0NAQ (new)

Nick 2E0NAQ (nick196742) Angela wrote: "Hi Nick,
Good to meet you! I hope that you enjoy being part of this group - have you visited the Coffee shop yet? I think people can be found there at most times of the day, ready to have a chat.
H..."

Hi Angela
no I havent been there yet! Lowestoft is ok cold lol!

message 12: by Nick 2E0NAQ (new)

Nick 2E0NAQ (nick196742) Flora wrote: "Hi,thanks for the invite. I'm always looking for good groups."

oh no! Look who it is! Happy new year xxxxxxx

message 13: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Hi everyone,

Thanks for setting this up Bridgette, it's nice to have a place to reconnect with ex-Book Army friends and meet new people too.

message 14: by Nick 2E0NAQ (new)

Nick 2E0NAQ (nick196742) hi jackie,

great to have you in the group. I was with book amy too too, then I found good reads and found it better for keeping my book records up to date.

message 15: by Bridgette (new)

Its ok Jackie, well thats the thought of the group.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I just love general chit chat.

message 17: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Welcome, Lady OT Lavender

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

JackieB wrote: "Welcome, Lady OT Lavender"
Thanks so much!

message 19: by Trevor (new)

Trevor (sundowner) Hi,
Just discovered this group and as I'm departing from my usual reads (Sci-Fi), I thought it best to search out a group that reads and discusses other types of fiction.

message 20: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments Welcome Trevor. Looking forward to some great discussion with you.

message 21: by Trevor (new)

Trevor (sundowner) Eric wrote: "Welcome Trevor. Looking forward to some great discussion with you."

Thanks Eric, I'm not sure I'm full of great discussion but I will try

message 22: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments Welcome Carroll. We have a few different discussions. Feel free to join in the conversation.
Do you have a link to your short story? You can share that with us.

message 23: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Frisbie (Cindyfris) | 1 comments Hi my name is Cindy and I live in California. I am an avid reader, especially mystery and suspense. Love all of the Harlan Coban books. I would enjoy having a book "assigned" each month with a discussion to follow. Is there any interest in that? Let me know what to expect from this group. Looking forward to being part of it.
CINDY

message 24: by Bridgette (new)

welcome cindy. feel fre to join in our discussions. :)

message 25: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Welcome Cindy. I hope you enjoy Anything Goes. If you look in the "monthly reads" section you'll find a discussion thread which will decide and then discuss a book for each month. I've had to bow out of that for the moment, as I've got about a zillion books waiting to be read, but I hope to rejoin it soon.

message 26: by Daniela (new)

Daniela (in_libris_libertas79) Hi!! Daniela here! I'm a total bookworm! All I do is read! LOL Hope to "chat" with some ya'll soon!! :-)

message 27: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments Welcome Daniela, if your a bookworm then I think this the group for you.

message 28: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (meredithreads) | 2 comments Thanks for the group invite, Bridgette! I am always reading something (and often reading multiple somethings, since I work with books for a living).

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Sarah, so glad to see you joined us.

message 30: by Bridgette (new)

well current members dont forget to invite people to join the group the bigger the better. :)

message 31: by Tina (new)

Tina Russell | 1 comments Hello everyone. I am excited to be in this group. when people ask me "what do you like to read?, my answer is always. I read everything. If toilet paper had words I would read it befor using it. My love to read started early in life and has continued for years. I like to get into a book and go on a mini vacation wherever it takes me. I have also transfered my love of reading to my daugher, who we have had to ground from reading when she did something wrong.

message 32: by Bridgette (new)

welcome tina. hope you enjoy this group

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi everyone, I'm Karen I have been on here since the beginning of the year. I love this website as you can keep track of what you are reading and get a lot of books recommended too. I love James Patterson, Peter James, Milly Johnson, Ceclia Ahern. But I basically read a lot of different books. I love reading - have done since I was at school, I'm always buying books!

message 34: by Bridgette (new)

Welcome Karen

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Bridgette

message 36: by Robert (new)

Robert (bobhe) Hi just joined this group
I have been on good reads for few months and found enjoyed chatting about other things other than books,hence coming here
i live in Hemel Hempstead UK and happy to talk about anything
Bob

message 37: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments Welcome Bob.

message 38: by Bridgette (last edited Oct 27, 2011 11:44AM) (new)

welcome bob

all members if you want you can invite others to the group.

message 39: by The Pirate Ghost (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) Hello, just joined. I've been on Goodreads for a few months too. I'm in Southern Maryland in the USA.

message 40: by Bridgette (new)

Welcome

message 41: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Hi Hugh. Nice to "meet" you.

message 42: by Eric (new)

Eric (beefdurkee) | 122 comments Welcome Kyle.

message 43: by Bridgette (new)

Welcome Kyle I also like sailing it's so much fun isn't it.

message 44: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Miller Hi Bridgette, thanx for inviting me.

I am an avid reader of mostly horror, suspense. I do read just about anything though. I am currently reading 3 books, with one on hold. I keep everything I read, even the sucky stuff (so i can remember).

Have 2 kids+hubby+bad kitty+job+crazy parents= nuttiness in the miller household. Thank goodness the parents don't live with me.

Happy reading :)

message 45: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) I'm a 29 year old wife and mom to a 11 year old boy who has my god daughter more then her mother does. I work time as a cashier/photo tech at CVS pharmacy. The past year I have been lucky if I can get thru 3-4 books a month!

I have also been trying my hand at writing.

message 46: by Bridgette (new)

welcome. :)

message 47: by Tom (new)

Tom (tomfenn) Hello people. My name is Tom and I am a book reader that is forced to stay in the closet! This is because I don't know anybody who reads :-( I am 34 and been reading books for around 5 years having never had the attention span even to get through a chapter before! I never even knew there was a site like this until I stumbled here by chance, wow, I hope I will be able to participate actively in your friendly group :-)

message 48: by Bridgette (new)

Welcome Tom. feel free to be involved with our discussions. :)

message 49: by JackieB (new)

JackieB | 251 comments Tom wrote: "Hello people. My name is Tom and I am a book reader that is forced to stay in the closet! This is because I don't know anybody who reads :-( I am 34 and been reading books for around 5 years havin..."

Hi Tom, what sort of books do you enjoy reading? I red almost anything, but at the moment I'm really enjoying crimes, mysteries and psychological thrillers.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello there. I'm new to Goodreads - it looks great so far!

« previous 1 3 4 5