Terminalcoffee discussion

General Fuckery > Have you ever had your lunch stolen at work? What did you do about it?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments I love a good revenge story.

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary (madamefifi) I bring my own nondairy coffee creamer to work and if I leave it, it's gone the next day, ot even worse, the bottle is still in the fridge with about a teaspoon left. I often think about spiking it with one of the many liquid laxatives available here at the hospital.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24363 comments Mod
I don't think I've ever had lunch stolen from work, but an old roommate I once lived with would drink my milk or orange juice and then fill the volume he had drunk with water.

message 4: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "I don't think I've ever had lunch stolen from work, but an old roommate I once lived with would drink my milk or orange juice and then fill the volume he had drunk with water."

Did you confront him?

message 5: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I don't remember confronting him...I only lived there 9 months and his beverage shenanigans were actually one of the least bad things about living there.

message 6: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3447 comments Had to smile about your fantasy, Mary. In high school, we had lockers that didn't lock. Someone kept stealing my lunch, so I baked brownies and iced them with melted Ex-lax. No more stolen lunches.

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11694 comments We had company security install a camera by the lunchroom. The lunch stealer got fired.

How's that for revenge?

message 8: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Pretty vengeful.

message 9: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Lopez | 4728 comments The lunch thief got his just desserts.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I knew a girl who was in a graduate program in New York and temping at one of the fancy Wall Street firms. She found out that one of the overlords kept his Evian in a special refrigerator and she would go get one every so often. One day she was called in and asked if she had been stealing the Evian. She said no. They had her on tape and she got the axe....

message 11: by Aynge (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments Phil wrote: "We had company security install a camera by the lunchroom. The lunch stealer got fired.

How's that for revenge?"

That's not revenge. That's sweet, sweet Justice.

message 12: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments no one wanted my lunch badly enough to steal it. Usually it was cottage cheese and fruit or pbj on whole wheat.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) No.

message 14: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments no one ever dared to steel something from me.

message 15: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments No.

Is this lunch stealing thing common? I've never heard of it before. I once accidentally took one of Cathy's diet cokes because I was confused as to how many I put in the fridge, but I paid her back.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

In the office I work there is only one person who steals things from the fridge. It is the owner of the company. Chocolates and cheese are not safe. I don't think his wife allows him to have these things at home. If we know he's coming in I organise the fridge to be stocked from petty cash.

message 17: by Aynge (last edited Dec 24, 2010 06:52PM) (new)

Aynge (ayngemac) | 1202 comments It's happened to me a few times. Unfortunately I worked in a large wing of a corporation so hundreds of people had access to the breakroom, so I never figured out who did it. I thought about getting revenge by salting my ice cream or putting some sort of extremely hot pepper into my lunch, but Jesus kept popping into my thoughts and I restained myself. It was hard.

I also weighed into the equation that the company often gave us loads of free groceries and bread and ice cream (there were warehouses and a training bakery and even a creamery on the premises), plus we had about ten massive BBQs a year so having my lunch stolen wasn't a big deal.

I still wonder though, what kind of person just eats food that isn't his. Or hers. Obviously this person has a job and works for a huge grocery company like the rest of us, so he/she isn't starving. Plus there was a big cafeteria just across the parking lot.

So I never caught the food thief. I did however, stumble across one of the chicks from worker's comp smoking meth in the ladies' room, but that's another thread.

message 18: by Michele (new)

Michele bookloverforever (lovebooks14) | 1970 comments RA: I didn't know chickens smoked meth!

message 19: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Aynge, apparently you and I share a resemblance...