Gigi's Company discussion

Gigi's Company Archives > February 2011 Books of the Month Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
Please post your nominees for February 2011 Books of the Month on this thread. Please limit your nominations to two books per member.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Mallery (susanmallery) | 82 comments I'll nominate Visions of Magic by Regan Hastings. (A friend of mine who's in disguise under this new pseudonym.)

Visions of Magic (Awakening, #1) by Regan Hastings

It's a paranormal romance. The heroine has just discovered she's a witch, and she's being chased by government witch hunters. At her side is a warrior who has protected her through all of her reincarnations.

message 3: by Natasha (last edited Jan 02, 2011 05:02PM) (new)

Ashley♥Alexis Sh*t My Dad Says by Justin Halpern

i've wanted to read it for awhile now and i'll probably get to it next month so I figured i'd suggest it ^.^

message 5: by Kathleen (last edited Jan 13, 2011 12:17PM) (new)

Kathleen Burket (kathleengigicompany) | 20125 comments Mod
My nominees for February 2011 Books of the Month are as follows:

His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, #1) by Naomi Novik His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire, Book 1) by Naomi Novik

Naomi Novik is one of my newest favorite authors. I inhaled all six books in the Temeraire series without coming up for air. This series is an alternative history of the Napoleonic wars . . . with dragons. If you love Horatio Hornblower, love dragons, love fantasy, you will adore this series. Will Laurence is charming, heroic, and honorable. Temeraire is a beast who is more humane than some of the humans with whom he and Will serve. Action-packed, 19th century social issues, compelling reading from cover to cover.

Skin Deep (Laura Blackstone, #1) by Mark Del Franco Skin Deep (Laura Blackstone, Book 1) by Mark Del Franco

Mark Del Franco is my other newest favorite author. For readers not familiar with the fantasy world of Mark Del Franco, the Seelie Court established the Fey Guild to represent Fairy High Queen Maeve of Tara, diplomatically, and to work as a police force to investigate local magic-related crimes committed by fey. Laura Blackstone is an undercover agent for the International Global Security Agency, or InterSec, which investigates magic-related international criminal activity. Laura, whose cover job is public relations director for the Fey Guild, can use her Druidic abilities to assume glamours, or magical disguises, for various personas including Janice Crawford, fey backup for the Washington, D.C., police SWAT team, and Mariel Tate, representative of fey intelligence to various D.C. human agencies. An exceptionally well-done urban fantasy with nail-biting edge of your seat action. Great characters, plots, subplots, and betrayals.