Story Competition for All You Goodreads Writers discussion

Questions? Suggestions? > More Competitions?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Can we do more competitions? Maybe do the contests for the ones that are a certain length again? For instance, a second contest for starters, with the added rule that you can't submit what you submitted before.

Or maybe we could do contests that are based on genre. We could have one for fantasy, maybe scifi, realistic fiction, nonfiction, etc.

message 2: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Darn it! I've already used up everything I have for contests!!

Oh wait...nevermind, I still have to stories left.

So what's the contest going to be now?

Xerxes Break(Vivian Ephona) (ephona) Dunno but I'm ready now actually! I have a story to submit maybe...depending on the contest...

message 4: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin Me too.

message 5: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ ditto.

message 6: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear Competitions will be coming back up, I was pretty busy but also people didnt have much writing so I layed off for a bit.

message 7: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ okay. ;D

message 8: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Man I have nothing that fits into these categories, and I'm sure no one would want to have to sift through all 28 chapters of my story.

message 9: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ i would!!! well, actually i DID! i read, like, the entire thing in only two sittings; and i would've read it in one sitting, but it was really late so i went to bed and then got up early to read the rest. ;D lol. it was worth it; what an exciting story!! i was totally hooked. i'm sad that u took off so much of it! :( i really want to know what happens next! oh well, i know all about being paranoid. i think there are ppl who still haven't forgiven me for taking soul stealer off of goodreads... lol. XD

message 10: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) haha

message 11: by Kenzie (new)

Kenzie Thanks, Brigid. It's my favorite story. Again, I'm sorry about taking it off. Maybe I can get it published, then you could read the ending.

message 12: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yes!!! pleez get it published! i really want to know what happens!!!!!

message 13: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) ok so for contest suggestions lets do a joint story contest like if you have a story written with a friend or someone on goodreads!

and btw who grades the stories?

message 14: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) A joint story, you mean?

message 15: by T.O.L.I. (new)

T.O.L.I. (taleoflostink) yes

message 16: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear Tink, we do it by vote. You just send me a message with your vote on which story you think is best :) Smart eh?

message 17: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Hey, why don't we have a competition for a certain genre? Maybe fantasy...that seems to be pretty much all that people write. Not that some people don't write other things, but it would get the widest participation.

message 18: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ yah i pretty much only write fantasy. except i'm planning to write a sci-fi...

message 19: by Veronica (new)

Veronica (v_a_b) Hmm, I write mostly weird stuff that is sort of sci-fi and I also write realistic fiction. I guess I'm just not really a fantasy writer...even though I really like reading fantasy.

message 20: by Nessiebear (new)

Nessiebear I'm not sure exactly what I write. A lot of the time I change it half way through XD But Veronica I love that idea! I'll do that just after these competitions end

message 21: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 17 comments Brigid, you DID write a sci fi. AND IT IS AWESOME!!!

message 22: by Brigid ✩ (new)

Brigid ✩ thanks XD
haha wow this is from so long ago ... when i was just PLANNING Injection. lol

message 23: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 17 comments i see....

message 24: by Sella (new)

Sella Malin omg that seems so long ago...now injection is a completed novel. haha XD

message 25: by Angel♥ (new)

Angel♥ (angellover512) | 17 comments yup