~Opinions~ discussion

Other > Would you kill Baby Hitler?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 396 (396 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) (looney-lovegood) | 244 comments If you just happened to walk through a crack in time and space, ending up in Baby Hitler's house, would you be willing to kill him, assuming that you knew for sure that it most definitely was Baby Hitler?

message 2: by Anna (new)

Anna Banana | 156 comments When I think about all the shit he did, I would defiantly want to. But how to know how the world would look now? It would just have happened at some later point without Hitler. After all, he might have lead the shit, but he wasn't the only person to lead it.

message 3: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Uhhhh. I hate this question.

I don't knowwwww. I don't really like the idea of messing with history.

So here is my problems with it:

So if I killed Hitler then that woudl mess every thing up. Maybe someone worse would come about that is much worse than Hitler, and wasn't defeated. And to this day we have an evil overlord that is worse than Hitler.

What if Space and Time are smart enough and want to keep everything on track, and that they have multiple Hitler. So, me killing Hitler wouldn't make a difference, someone else would just take his place.

Hitler was an important part of history. Even if he was badbad, but the world as we know it today is influenced by everything from the pat. Something as simple as going back in time and picking a flower might have an effect on the world today. So I don't even want to imagine the possible effects that killing someone as influential as Hitler.

message 4: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Yeah, I wouldn't meddle with history :P

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Rachel (aka. Kaiserin Sisi) wrote: "If you just happened to walk through a crack in time and space, ending up in Baby Hitler's house, would you be willing to kill him, assuming that you knew for sure that it most definitely was Baby ..."

he may have been evil as hell but he was a very influential person so ill just try to steer him towards helping humanity instead of destroying it.. maybe he would hav bin able to do some good for this world!

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana I'm not too sure what I'd do. One of the reasons he was the way he was because of his abusive father. Maybe if he didn't have an abusive father he would have been different.

message 7: by Courtney (last edited Dec 22, 2010 05:36PM) (new)

Courtney | 71 comments maybe putting him in the care of a phyciatist (sp) while he grew up would help him

message 8: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Evil baby orphanage!

Oh, John Green and your fantastic ideas.

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Juliet wrote: "Evil baby orphanage!

Oh, John Green and your fantastic ideas."

evil baby orphanage?? llol

message 10: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Oh, yes. It's the best thing.

message 12: by Diana (new)

Diana Juliet wrote: "http://www.omnictionary.com/index.php..."

wow......

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments hahaha thats cool!!! maybe we can put that ring girl with hitler in there too!! :P

message 14: by Diana (new)

Diana Courtney wrote: "maybe putting him in the care of a phyciatist (sp) while he grew up would help him"

yea

message 15: by meri (new)

meri (meri_is_a_saltedfish) | 127 comments i won't kill hitler even if i'm given a chance to do so...and hitler is not all that bad...his views are shaped by the society where he grew up...

therefore: society=individual
if the society is bad then the individual is bad...
if the society is good then the individual is good...
that's my view...

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Nobody's all bad. People aren't born bad. But incidents in their life can make them so. Of course, some people are just insane per se.

message 17: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments I think that Hitler, although perhaps not /all/ bad... was pretty darn bad.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Of course. But he wasn't born bad. He became bad.

message 19: by Annemarie (last edited Dec 24, 2010 10:07AM) (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Eh, it might have been something in the genetics. Just a bit, like in his genetics or whatever there was something that gave him the gene/DNA whatever to be prone more easily to turning bad or something.

message 20: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I have never heard of such a gene. You're welcome to post a link, I'd love to know more about it.

message 21: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Yeah, neither of I. It's like... being gay, I think that you were born gay, so maybe you can be born with the tendency to be evil.

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 71 comments ^true

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) It's like... being gay, I think that you were born gay, so maybe you can be born with the tendency to be evil.

But you don't have any actual proof that such a gene exists? Maybe people can be born with some kind of mindset that makes them easier influenced by society. But if such a gene existed, I don't think it would be limited to bad things.

Of course this is all hypothetical.

two wrongs don't make a right.

Only in mathematics ;)

message 24: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) @Lindsay: Eh. I wouldn't call killing him stooping to his level, but I defiantly wouldn't kill him. Just thinking about the changes it'll make in history *shudders* Yeah, don't mess with history.

Also, I see no need to kill a person, if there is an other solution.

message 25: by Michael (new)

Michael Lindsay wrote: "two wrongs don't make a right.
"

That's true. But two Wrights make an airplane.

message 26: by Michael (new)

Michael Emma (Merry Fucking Christmas) wrote: "But you don't have any actual proof that such a gene exists? Maybe people can be born with some kind of mindset that makes them easier influenced by society. But if such a gene existed, I don't think it would be limited to bad things."

I agree. If there is such a gene then I don't know that it would automatically manifest in the type(s) of mental illnesses Hitler had. Maybe instead of killing him as an infant he could have just been taken away and put into a completely different environment and been alright?

message 27: by Annemarie (new)

Annemarie Carlson (annielawlz) | 470 comments Emma (Merry Fucking Christmas) wrote: "It's like... being gay, I think that you were born gay, so maybe you can be born with the tendency to be evil.

But you don't have any actual proof that such a gene exists? Maybe people can be bor..."

I don't know... I don't really have any proof on anything. It just sort of startles me that environmental influences can make you that evil.

message 28: by Nate (new)

Nate That's a tough question. Would I kill a baby Hitler?

Even if I knew for a fact that this child was the same Hitler to kill thousands upon thousands. Who is to say that his life would be the same? I mean maybe something happens and changes the course of his actions. Maybe things won't play out the same...Than again maybe they will..

I don't know, that's a tough call.

message 29: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) yeah exactly. If you went into history, who knows if someone else did... and changed history? Maybe Hitler would then be a really good leader who helped the world. lol. sorry, that is funny.

message 30: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments I WOULD KILL HIM WITHOUT A SINGLE HESITATION!!!!!!

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I wouldn't mess with history I don't think. I sure want to kill him. But who knows? Maybe someone else even worse would've come along. Maybe it wouldn't have changed anything.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I wouldn't. It's not like I know he would be Hitler's exact copy!

message 33: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments excuse me! he murdered millions of people! someone else may have come along eventually, but at least the holocaust and world war II would have been averted!

message 34: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) Hey everything happens if it has to happen. Not having hitler wouldn't stop WW2 or holocaust or whaever.

message 35: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments actually, it might have. the germans were angry, but they needed a leader to actually do something about it. hitler was very persuasive. without him, the war wouldn't have been as bad. anyway, germans didn't hate jews. that was just hitler making them scapegoats.

message 36: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) ex-cuse me! you cannot blame evrything on one blady person.. there might've been another leader if hitler didn't exist. jheez

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) There probably would've been another leader. Hitler wans't alone you know. There was Görring and Goebbles and on Ribbentrop, along with a bunch of other assholes. I believe it would've happened anyway. And even if not, it would just have happened some time later, maybe with another group of people being killed.

message 38: by Amina (new)

Amina  (journalistam) exactly. what's going to happen, will happen... you can't change it

message 39: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments i still would kill hitler. one less anti-semitic....

message 40: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I don't like the idea of messing with history. Who knows what'll happen? What people wont get born, what things wont be invented? Maybe something even worse would happen.

message 41: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments at worst, planes and weapons of mass destruction would not be invented. and if people don't get born, so what? more people would be alive than if the war occurred.

message 42: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) Uhm, no. Because it would just have happened later on, maybe with another group of people being the target. And also, you dont know what people wouldn't get born. They could be people who'd grow up to be great world leaders. They could be people who aren't even born yet, but then wouldn't be born, and then wouldn't grow up to change the world. Don't mess with history.

Also, the technology for things such as mobiles and computers where developed during WW II. That's not saying that they're worth more than human lives, 'cause they sure ain't.

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Donatello wrote: "actually, it might have. the germans were angry, but they needed a leader to actually do something about it. hitler was very persuasive. without him, the war wouldn't have been as bad. anyway, germ..."

hitler is considered the most influential leader in history! he was evil yes but he was what he was for a reason..

Fariha (damn you SketchUp!!) (fariha1234) | 1212 comments Donatello wrote: "at worst, planes and weapons of mass destruction would not be invented. and if people don't get born, so what? more people would be alive than if the war occurred."

you realy think killing hitler would have prevented weapons of mass destructions??

message 45: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Fariha wrote: "Donatello wrote: "actually, it might have. the germans were angry, but they needed a leader to actually do something about it. hitler was very persuasive. without him, the war wouldn't have been as..."

yeah, to slaughter countless innocent ppl!

message 46: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments Fariha wrote: "Donatello wrote: "at worst, planes and weapons of mass destruction would not be invented. and if people don't get born, so what? more people would be alive than if the war occurred."

you realy thi..."

it's like dominoes. stop one event, and other things stop too

message 47: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman Donatello wrote: "Fariha wrote: "Donatello wrote: "at worst, planes and weapons of mass destruction would not be invented. and if people don't get born, so what? more people would be alive than if the war occurred."..."

Yea, but with dominoes, you start one thing and others continue to happen without any control. No one can ever say what killing baby Hitler would really cause to happen or not happen.

message 48: by Jerry (new)

Jerry | 850 comments well, the holocaust wouldn't have happened. world war II probably would have, but not the holocaust.

message 49: by Gatorman (new)

Gatorman But you cannot say that. Hitler didn't work alone. There were many others like him in the Third Reich that hated Jews. Can we really say that there would not have been someone else who would have stepped up to lead the Third Reich in his place? It would be great to think that by killing Hitler early the Holocaust would definitley have been prevented, but I don't know that you can.

message 50: by Emma (new)

Emma (zeeberg) I'm pretty sure the holocaust would've happened anyway. Maybe it would've been directed at Muslims instead, maybe it would've been jews regardless of whether Hitler was alive or not.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8