Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Dangerous Allies RT Reviewers Choice Award

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula-O (new)

Paula-O (kyflo130) | 2257 comments Hi Ranee, I see you have a birthday soon, hope it is a good one for you, mine is in January too but a lot of years seperate us. I love the love inspired books and esp. the historical ones, I am sorry to say I do not remember one of yours in particular but I am sure I have read some since you write those type.
Congrats on being picked for the RT Reviewers Choice Award, It is so fun to be chosen huh?
Merry Christmas~

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Hi Renee I saw where you had your next one ready to turn in. I haven't read your book but Its on my wish list.

ok How did you come to write this story was there something or an event that captured your imagination about the event? I have read a few on ww1 this year so ww2 will be fun to watch. My dad, 5 uncles and 2 aunties were in this war with one being a prisoner of war and one being in the spy force not that they knew til after he died.
Happy Christmas

message 3: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Renee, I absolutely loved "Dangerous Allies," and I will definitely look forward to "Courting the Enemy." Is it tied in with the previous book at all? Will it have any of the same characters? I love reading historical fiction, and I'm thrilled you're doing another book set in WWII. I highly recommend "Dangerous Allies," and I can easily see why it is up for an award!

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
Renee -- 'Dangerous Allies' is on my to-read list, just as soon as I meet my next deadline. I think WWII is a great setting.

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 735 comments Janet , you will enjoy this book.

message 6: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Renee wrote: "Hi Barbara!

I'm so glad you enjoyed DA as much as I enjoyed writing the book. This one was a huge departure from my typical storylines. I once said I would never write a suspense. Well...neve..."

Wow, it sounds great! I can't wait until it's out.;)
P.S. I'm in the same boat you are with the dental work!

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

LOL. Renee -- I am very, very tempted to just try to squeeze more in before the deadline, but I know I will regret it eventually if I do.

message 8: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Bylin (victoriabylin) | 198 comments Hi Renee, "Dangerous Allies" was one of my favorite LIHs, in fact one of my favorites for the whole year. What made you go with WWII? It's a fascinating time period, isn't it?

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Renee love how you got the idea for your book I will look for it it sounds really good.

message 10: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Sorry I didn't check back yesterday--BUSY!
Anyway, glad your dropped in, Renee!

message 11: by JanetTronstad (new)

Renee -- my dad is a WWII vet, too, and I think it's wonderful that you did it to honor them. Makes your book even more special.

message 12: by Patty (new)

Patty Hall | 211 comments Hey Renee--so glad you chose WWII as a background for your books! There are so many untold stories from that era, the ideas are endless!

Loved Dangerous Allies--can't wait for the next in the series!

message 13: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Oh this is sad I went to Christianbook to add this book to my list and its no longer available.

message 14: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments I finally looked at koorong in aust and have ordered it there. the only downside is they dont have the december alaskan bride rush book yet.

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Jenny, I'm glad you got it. It's a great one!