Harry Potter discussion

Personal Preferences > Mirror of Erised

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) I am reading book 1 for the umpteenth time. When I came to this part, I became intrigued. I couldn't figure out what I would see so I pose this question to you. What would you see if you looked in The Mirror of Erised?

message 2: by AA (new)

AA | 85 comments Hmmm... I'd probably see myself as a famous women who's winning an award for changing the world for the better...

lols

message 3: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) That is awesome Amani.

message 4: by AA (new)

AA | 85 comments Thanks :)

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess Probably me standing in front of my future London penthouse with a large pile of best-selling novels to my name, and my happy family by my side.

Pretty self centered, but its the truth :S

message 6: by AA (new)

AA | 85 comments lol I'd like that too, Booklover.

message 7: by Randi (new)

Randi (The Artist Formerly known as Guitar Chick) (guitarchick) | 170 comments I"d see myself showing all those people who thought I was a worthless emo lump that hated everyone rocking the world and giving away most of the money, 'cause most of the money is for sell outs.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

What about you Taneka?

I really never thought about it...

message 9: by Pandy, "It unscrews the other way." (new)

Pandy | 1575 comments Mod
I've thought about it too, Taneka, but I don't know what I'd see either.

message 10: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) It is not self centered Booklover23. It is just what you desire the most.

message 11: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) It would be easy for me to say, I would want to see my Mom and Dad. But, knowing how I feel about death, I may not see that. Let me think on it a little more.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

I would probably see myself at the WWOHP. :)

message 13: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) HAHA, good one Ella!

message 14: by Abi (new)

Abi Lou | 184 comments I would probably be the happiest person EVER if I could be at Hogwarts looking into the Mirror of Erised, so I don't know if I'd see anything :D

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Abi wrote: "I would probably be the happiest person EVER if I could be at Hogwarts looking into the Mirror of Erised, so I don't know if I'd see anything :D"

Toushe, toushe.

message 16: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) i like this topic. I've thought about how i want to be in the future, and still not sure, though i do have an idea
"I'd see many books around me, and music, and different places, i want to travel so yeahh"
hoho

message 17: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) I'd see my self getting a J.K. Rowling autograph...
All depends on time, i have different wishes for the future

message 18: by Taneka (new)

Taneka (ninatravis) pRiscilLa, you are going to need a bigger mirror. LOL

message 19: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla VdL (dunnopris) :) probably

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

pRiscilLa wrote: "I'd see my self getting a J.K. Rowling autograph...
All depends on time, i have different wishes for the future"

Even better........ hmmm, can't think of anything really, maybe meeting the cast... IDK.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I would see myself with a family, much like Harry did. With a mother and father, and my little sister with me.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Isaac wrote: "I would see myself standing in front of the mirror because if Eristol is real then so is everything else harry potter."

Hahaha, good one!

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 25, 2011 05:38PM) (new)

I would probably see myself as a famous author, traveling the world, giving talks to all my great fans!!

Don't you think it is cool that "Erised" backwards is "Desire"?

message 24: by Joe (new)

Joe | 57 comments I'd see myself sitting happily on the lakefront of Hogwarts, just enjoying the sunset along with a million other students resting. Its the same setting I would imagien Dumbledore's funeral, but less depressing. Just a fine afternoon with everyone swimming and practicing magic. Thats one thing I'd wish out of everything in the world, literally, everything.

message 25: by Sayyeda (new)

Sayyeda (literaryhues) | 99 comments I'd see myself happily sitting alongside my husband at the drawing room of Malfoy Manor :P

message 26: by Julia (new)

Julia | 275 comments Maybe I'd see myself getting a phenomenal idea, then writing a novel, and the book getting published and being a huge success.

message 27: by Vicki (new)

Vicki G (emtp513) | 59 comments I'd see myself as a philanthropist who gives money to animal shelters and orphanages. That way I could help both people and animals.

message 28: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca May | 376 comments Oh, goodness, that's a hard one!

Although it sounds awfully self-centered, I think I would see myself happily married with lots of children, and very rich with a mansion in the English countryside with a massive library. I would own lots of costumes from all my favorite era's and books and films, and I would like to be able to do magic too!

message 29: by Lila (new)

Lila | 7 comments Me standing next to someone who knew everything about me and still loved me. Who saw me at my absolute worst and still thought I was beautiful. Who was always willing to help me and didn't judge me based on my past actions. That would be my ultimate wish. :)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 57 comments Me standing in the TARDIS

Me in an astronaut suit floating above the earth never to come back down.

message 31: by Bianca (new)

Bianca Acosta | 6 comments i think id see my perfect little dream house with me beside it lying in my garden, reading. id see both my kids in the background riding their horses or playing. and id see my husband right there beside them under the hood of some car. everyone doing what we love happy together. or id see me being an obsessed surgeon. for some reason pushing myself to help others and solve every problem brings me such happiness

message 32: by l (new)

l | 144 comments Me standing hand in hand with William Herondale, married, of course. But that will never happen because William Herondale just happens to be a bloody fictional character :|

If I had to choose something that was actually possible, I would have no idea what it would be.

message 33: by ↬ Sarah ↫ (new)

↬ Sarah ↫ | 141 comments I think I would see myself with my husband and children holding a book of mine that gets published and having them all there for my release of signing copies :)

message 34: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin | 1 comments I would see myself as a successful movie producer with a family of my own

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 57 comments Me standing in front of the TARDIS. The real one.

message 36: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Farshaw | 120 comments Me holding the love of my life in my arms.

message 37: by Trine (new)

Trine (trine_wager) | 8 comments Probably me with friends and family around, all smiling, happy and relaxed.

message 38: by Georgia (new)

Georgia Morris (geog2001) I would see my self back at my home in Penticton B.C. I has to move!!!!! :(