Love Inspired Books discussion

Favorite Christmas Recipes and Traditions

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Okay, I admit it, I'm STUCK!!

This year, we're staying home for Christmas, which I'm really looking forward to. We'll go to my FIL's for dinner on Christmas Day, but I'm at a loss as to what to do for our intimate family dinner Christmas Eve.

I'd love to hear some of your favorite family recipes and traditions... maybe it will inspire me!

Dream

message 2: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Well, We are planning to have something different this holiday. We already had turkey or ham over thanksgiving. I have something share for you .. it is easy to make and can use for all year round. it is good dessert to served.

MICROWAVE RITZ CRACKER COOKIES
this is recipe from the package " Almond bark " it fat free ,, every one love it.especially for us .. we eat them all. it good for parties , and holidays.. try it and very easy to make

MICROWAVE RITZ CRACKER COOKIES
1 pkg. chocolate or white almond bark
1 box Ritz crackers or town house crackers
1 sm. jar peanut butter
Melt several squares almond bark in a glass bowl in the microwave until melted when stirred. Spread peanut butter between 2 Ritz crackers. Sandwich together. Dip crackers into melted chocolate almond bark. Place on a cookie sheet. Remove when chocolate coating is hardened. Variation: Instead of Ritz crackers, Wheat Thins also work well.

message 3: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 218 comments Those sound delicious recipes, Terri!

message 4: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 434 comments totally missed this thread! lol that does sound good Terri

message 5: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments It was very good and easy to make it.

message 6: by Love Inspired (new)

sounds very good Terri!

message 7: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments :)

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (texasaggieteacher) | 434 comments This is a good recipe for anytime

Meaty Baked Beans
1-2lbs of ground beef
2 cans of kidney bean
2 cans of butter beans
2 cans of pinto beans
3-4 cups of brown sugar
1 cup of ketchup
2-3 tablespoons of mustard

Put all the beans in a crockpot on medium to high heat, add the meat to the crockpot once you have browned it. add the brown sugar and ketchup and mustard. you can put more ketchup and mustard if you want(depends on your taste) Let it simmer in the crockpot for about an hour.

Really good with hamburgers or brisket, or by itself!

message 9: by Love Inspired (new)

Yum! That sounds good too!!

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 62 comments Terri, I forgot to tell you that I did some of your Microwave Ritz Cracker Cookies at Christmastime, and they turned out great. I used Hazelnut spread in the middle of some and crunchy peanut butter in the middle of others.

message 11: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Great . Glad you like it.