Sword Of Truth discussion

Favorite Rule

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kevin (last edited Dec 21, 2010 11:51AM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 2 comments I was just wondering what everyone thought was their favorite rule was? Mine has to be Wizard's Second Rule, it expanded Wizard's First Rule to make it more clear. I try to apply it as part of my life philosophy. It makes me think about the different shades between what is good and evil.

message 2: by Jessie (new)

Jessie (rahlbert) I'm torn between the Eighth and Sixth rules... They're pretty great.

Sixth: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason.

Eighth: Tagla Vassternich. (Deserve victory.)

message 3: by C.J. (new)

C.J. Edmunds (cjedmunds) | 7 comments Mine at the moment (as I have yet to progress from Book 4 onwards) would be the 3rd rule: Passion Rules Reason. :)

message 4: by Jakob (new)

Jakob Baker | 1 comments I'd have to go with either the Second Rule "Passion rules reason, For better or for worse." Because it is something we see every day and proves true over and over again. Or the Eight Rule "Talga Vassternich" which means deserve victory. ""Be justified in your convictions. Be completely committed. Earn what you want and need rather than waiting for others to give you what you desire." I lesson a lot of people need to learn :)

message 5: by Stevie (new)

Stevie (pandorasbox_aka_confessor) | 14 comments the second rule "some of the worst things are done with the best intentions" ive read all the books and that one is my favorite. Number four is also a good one.There is magic in sincere forgiveness; in the forgiveness you give, but more so in the forgiveness you receive.

message 6: by Cory (new)

Cory Terhune | 1 comments The Wizard's Sixth Rule: The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason. The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists, what is, is and from this irreducible bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. It is the foundation from which life is embraced.

message 7: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments The Eighth rule (Deserve Victory) was my favorite because the way it was worked into the plot literally took my breath away.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER****
I liked how TG took one of the assumptions we learned early in the series (Richard has to be a vegetarian) and blew it up. That's one of the examples of how the series stayed fresh for me even though there were 11 books.

message 8: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Wendt | 15 comments Call me old fashioned, but I liked the first rule "People are Stupid" I see this on a daily basis, it helps to cope with all the stupid people! lol

message 9: by Marina (new)

Marina Fontaine (marina_fontaine) | 98 comments Anthony wrote: "Call me old fashioned, but I liked the first rule "People are Stupid" I see this on a daily basis, it helps to cope with all the stupid people! lol"

You don't have to be a wizard to know THAT one LOL.

message 10: by Marco (new)

Marco (marcoverga86) | 2 comments Masha wrote: "Anthony wrote: "Call me old fashioned, but I liked the first rule "People are Stupid" I see this on a daily basis, it helps to cope with all the stupid people! lol"

You don't have to be a wizard to know THAT one LOL. "

No, but I didnt't notice that until I read it!

I like the first rule and the sixth, mostly because "Faith of the fallen" is one of the best book in the series (along with the first!): the way TG described the society of the Imperial Order from the inside is just AMAZING!

message 11: by Alasdair (new)

Alasdair Boswell | 2 comments 2nd rule. "The greatest harm can result from the best intensions.''

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinst4) | 5 comments The second rule- the greatest harm can result from the best intensions

message 13: by Leanne (new)

Leanne The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason! number 6.