Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)
This topic is about Last Sacrifice
Archives (maybe Revisit) > Series Read: Revamped Discussion: Mead, Richelle; Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6), Start Date:July 10, 2014

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sashana This topic is open for discussion of Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead. Be prepared for SPOILERS.

Dana (daname) | 30 comments I loved this book, I am however disappointed that it ends here...I wanted to see more from this series and future events. I can not wait until she releases her next series. Rose and Dimitri belong together and it was great to see that happen.

Sashana Why were you disappointed, Dana? I loved this book so much. I don't know where I'm going to find another series as half as good. I was so surprised by some of the events. Usually I can predict what will happen and I found myself pleasantly surprised by a lot.

This that shocked me:
1)The whole Sonya Karp thing. I didn't even guess that Mead would bring her back into the book
2)Jill, although I did suspect that she was Lissa's sibling.
3)Tasha! I had no idea that she killed the queen (I caught on a few pages before they revealed it though)
4)No more bond between Lissa and Rose. I must confess that this made me sad.

Things that didn't surprise me
1)Lissa becoming queen
2)Roza and Dimka being together

Sashana I also liked that Lissa redeemed herself a lot in this book. I really dislike her for the first few book. It was all about her and never about Rose. Granted, in this book I still don't love her. I don't think she'll ever be as much as a friend as Rose is (but that's just me). And I still hate the whole Moroi/dhapmir relationship. I hate the whole 'The come first,' mantra.

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 466 comments I agree Sashana that this book was great. It is sad that it is the last in the series. There were definitely some shockers. I didn't expect Sonya Karp returning or Tasha being the killer, but I had a feeling Jill was going to be Lissa sister from the beginning. I was glad that in the end Mead had Dimitri and Rose end up together and Lissa become the new queen. The only thing that I didn't like was that she left poor Adrian hanging. I really hope that he will get his closure in the next series.

Sashana Lacy ~Movements of a Demigod~ wrote: "I agree Sashana that this book was great. It is sad that it is the last in the series. There were definitely some shockers. I didn't expect Sonya Karp returning or Tasha being the killer, but I had..."

There was a lot left unsaid. Like why was Lissa throwing those looks at Jill? And what the heck his Adrian going to do now? But I guess Mead left it that way so she can have something to go off in the spin off. I can't wait for the first one. I want to see some scandalous dating going on. Moroi with human. Alchemist with dhamphir. I'm ready to be wowed.

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 466 comments All I can say is that the new series is going to have a lot to live up to now, so it better be darn good.

Sashana I agree. Now all we have to do is wait :(

Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫ (lb3553) | 466 comments Yeah, at least while I wait I may be able to get my TBR pile down to a reasonable level.

Sashana True, I really want to cut mine in half...but I don't know if I can resist adding books.

message 11: by Dana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dana (daname) | 30 comments I am just disappointed that it will not continue on to another adventure...I just loved this series so much.

Sashana Richelle did say that we'd see some more of Rose in the new spin offs. So thats something to look forward to.

Cherrylea | 8 comments I know it ended, but I'm still torn between Dimitri and Adrian. I know that Dimitri and Rose are supposed to be together (trust me, I'm not complaining), but Adrian was so good. He better be really important in Bloodlines - I'm FAR from done with that guy!

Sashana I'm going to edit my shelf as well. I just can't seem to find the time :(

message 15: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31473 comments Mod

Book Synopsis

They come first.

My vision was growing dimmer, the blackness and ghosts closing in. I swore it was like I could hear Robert whispering in my ear: The world of the dead won't give you up a second time. Just before the light completely vanished, I saw Dimitri's face join Lissa's. I wanted to smile. I decided then that if the two people I loved most were safe, I could leave this world.

The dead could finally have me.

Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose - for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.

But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back...and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?

Join Rose, Dimitri, Adrian, and Lissa in Last Sacrifice, the epic, unforgettable finale to Richelle Mead's international #1 bestselling Vampire Academy series

This is a Revamped Discussion (pun intended), meaning we're going to pick up an older thread where we already discussed the book, and continue it, with a new look.

message 16: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31473 comments Mod
Revamped Discussion to start July 10th, 2014.

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments We may even have time to start this by July 10th as originally planned for, Logan ;)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments How are you going with catch up so far, Logan?

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Any chance anyone wants to discuss this with me now? Only took me five months to catch up! lol

I just started it.

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Haha I only just finished. Thought you'd forgotten about it Logan!

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments I know! I'm so sorry! I couldn't squeeze it in the first time the library loans came around so I had to wait to move up the holds list again. I managed to finish Spirit Bound last month and now I'm so anxious to see how it all ends with the trial!

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments It's amazing!! I'm starting a BR thread for Bloodlines if you want to join us.

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Ooh yes! I definitely want to read that series too.

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I have a third person too. Did you want to request it on the BR thread, or should I?

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments You can go ahead. I don't want to steal your thunder.

I just got to the prison break. Exciting stuff!

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Done! I've requested it starting mid next week so you have time to finish where you're at :)

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Nicole wrote: "Done! I've requested it starting mid next week so you have time to finish where you're at :)"

Awesome! Thanks!

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Passed the halfway mark. I love the tests that Lissa has to do - it's kind of nice to have a break from Rose's tasks. But I also really like all of the Sydney involvement. I hope it is setting up Bloodlines!

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I just started Bloodlines today, and it totally set it up.

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Nice! Excited to see where this ends up then!

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Yeah, I'm very happy with it from pretty much page one ;)

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments So, the Alchemists that come with Sydney to court - are they the characters in Bloodlines or are these separate?

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Ummm they feature, but it's not really them as main characters.

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Finished! Loved loved it. Great ending that tied up all 6 books nicely. Can't wait to see what is in store for Sydney and company!

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Excellent! I've been so lazy in reading it, so many other things I've done instead. Not even 100 pages into the next book as yet. ;) You starting immediately?

Logan (loganturner) | 1499 comments Not right away. Maybe over Thanksgiving or early December.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Last Sacrifice (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Richelle Mead (other topics)