Chicks On Lit discussion

Other Hot Book Discussions > Winter Shelf Cleaning

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Usako (new)

Usako (bbmeltdown) | 654 comments Since it's between the holidays and no visitors are coming this year, I thought what a perfect time for winter shelf cleaning.

I'm going through my read list to verify I've written a review, added a star rating and updating my to-read list into separate categories (wishlist, own-tbr and regular to-read).

Has anyone else been doing this lately?

message 2: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) I did too while watching little boy tv with my son. It's amazing how many hours one can pass just organizing virtual bookshelves!

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) Brenda wrote: "I am trying to finish Germinal by the end of 2010. Other than that...I don't have books on my shelf because they are all library books that I return.

I do have a George Sand autobiography, which ..."

Good Luck, Brenda. I have resolved to finally finish Atlas Shrugged in the coming year. Merry Christmas!

message 4: by Martha (new)

Martha (marthas48) I probably need to do this, but I need to clean my actual book shelves more. They no longer look like my profile picture b/c they have books in front & on top & on the floor beside them!! LOL A friend from high school came to visit that I hadn't seen in 43 years & she said, "You have a lot of books." What an understatement!

message 5: by Shay (new)

Shay | 284 comments Marialyce wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I am trying to finish Germinal by the end of 2010. Other than that...I don't have books on my shelf because they are all library books that I return.

I do have a George Sand autobi..."

Atlas Shrugs sounds like a Buddy Read. I don't know how anyone could get through this book alone, but congratulations and hats off to anyone who has. I would need someone pushing me to get through this book (again).

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie (lesslie) Marialyce wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I am trying to finish Germinal by the end of 2010. Other than that...I don't have books on my shelf because they are all library books that I return.

I do have a George Sand autobi..."

Oh I loved Atlas Shrugged!

Marialyce (absltmom, yaya) I am half way done or still have half to read. I can't decide whether I am an optimist or a pessimist with this one. I do like it, but that print ...could it be any smaller???

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 1278 comments I think I was lucky enough to find a newer edition with the more normal sized print. But it was work to get through that book - not that I didn't enjoy it. But yeah...

message 9: by Cathie (new)

Cathie (countrygarden) | 95 comments I've been trying to do this as well. Sell some on half.com and trade through the PBS site. They do accumulate.