Miqte e Kadares discussion

Invitation to all members of Miqte e Kadares Group

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (dougkotti) | 2 comments Hello, all members of the Miqte e Kadares Group with Goodreads.com

I am an American of Albanian descent. In my family, we are very proud of our Albanian heritage and are members of the Albanian-American National Organization (AANO).

My father was born in a small Albanian village just east of Korce, and emigrated with his parents to the United States in 1938 when he was ten years old. I am the first member of his family to be born in the United States.

Recently, I discovered your Group while perusing Goodreads.com. I trust that your moderator will approve me to join Miqte e Kadares.

In the meantime, I urge you all to join the Goodreads.com group that I founded recently, Americans of Albanian Descent. We could learn much from all of you, and be enriched by your membership and involvement.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Best wishes to you all.

Douglas in South Carolina, USA

message 2: by Altin (new)

Altin Cupi (altincupi) | 3 comments Mod
Douglas wrote: "Hello, all members of the Miqte e Kadares Group with Goodreads.com

I am an American of Albanian descent. In my family, we are very proud of our Albanian heritage and are members of the Albanian..."

Hello Douglas!

I am glad to wish you welcome to Miqte e Kadares Group!

As one of the members of this group and as Albanian I am glad to learn you are proud in being an American as much as you are of being of Albanian Descent.

Please accept my apologies for this late reply and I thank you for the invitation to join the group of the Americans of Albanian Descent on Goodreads.com founded by you!

Hoping more Albanians and Americans of Albanian Descent will joining both groups and expand the communication among us!

Me Respekt,

Altini in Tirana, Albania

message 3: by Douglas (new)

Douglas (dougkotti) | 2 comments Altin wrote: "Douglas wrote: "Hello, all members of the Miqte e Kadares Group with Goodreads.com

I am an American of Albanian descent. In my family, we are very proud of our Albanian heritage and are members o..."

Altin,

Thank you for your warm welcome, my friend.

I am the first member of my father's family born in the United States, and I am very proud of my Albanian heritage. I eagerly look forward to sharing ideas and perspectives with you and other members of this Group as I learn more about the land of my father's birth.

Be well.

Douglas in South Carolina, USA

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam (adam_yamey) | 1 comments Mirëmbrëma!

I am not Albanian or of Albanian descent. However, I have long been interested in Albania - since I was a teenager, and that was a long time ago.

I have read a number of Kadare's books - in English translation. I regard him as one of my favourite authors.

In 1984, I visited Gjirokastër under the very strict supervision of Albturist. We were shown around Enver Hoxha's birthplace, but I do not recall having been told that this ancient city was also the birthplace of Ismail Kadare.

I hope that you will accept me as a member of your group.

Faleminderit dhe lamtumirë,

Adam YAMEY in London (UK)

PS I don't speak Albanian. My knowledge of the language is extremely limited!