Edgeview RP discussion

The Roleplay > Talents

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bobbie, Superpower: Speed (new)

Bobbie (bobbiesquares) | 296 comments Mod
Some notes on talents:

1. The hidden talents are supposed to be paranormal, not fantastical. Your hidden talent can NOT be "magic" or something like that.
2. Your talent has to have limits. If it's freezing things, for example, your character can't just be like: "I imagine the world frozen and it is." It should be more like: "I stare at the desk and concentrate. Slowly, frost starts to form in a single spot and then spreads to the rest of the desk."
3. Only one hidden talent per character, please.
4. No copying talents.

The talents of charries can be posted here so that no copying will happen. You can also discuss different talents here (like, which is your favorite, which you wish you had, etc.)

message 2: by fghasdf (new)

fghasdf | 44 comments So then...would teleportation count? Yes? How about the ability to never ever miss a target that's wearing green? To be able to decide which side a coin lands on? To create illusions? How about the ability to trap someone in a card game for...however long? The ability to mimic other people's appearances? The ability to make water balloons appear out of thin air? To unlock any door with you mind? To turn into a beach ball? What about the ability to "censor" people's mouths when they cuss? Or maybe to be able to create whatever you draw? To eat at superspeed? To crash a computer at will? Or the ever so popular power to nullify anyone else's hidden talent?

message 3: by Bobbie, Superpower: Speed (new)

Thos are fine...but no nullifying other talents. THAT IS TOO FANTASTICAL.

message 4: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 370 comments Would power over light energy be acceptable? Meaning if the person was angery then all the lightbulbs in the room would explode, or if they were happy they glowed. Something like that.

message 5: by fghasdf (new)

fghasdf | 44 comments What about the power to make it rain? Or the power to take TVs apart with a snap of you fingers? The power to change the colour of crayons? The power to make binders come to life? How about talking to books? Turing invisible? Replacing teeth with money? Bending spoons? Sharpening pencils by sticking then in your nose? Seeing someone's talent? Seeing the future? Hypnosis? Invisibility? Imitating voices? Throwing voices? Tapping into radio waves with your mind? Tasting the rainbow? Force others to experience sensory overload? Knocking people out from across the room? Inception? Knowing whenever someone is lying? Distort reality? Disable someone's senses? Messing with people's memories? Getting songs stuck/unstuck in people's heads? Bobbie, are you even reading all of these? Supersmell? Farting rainbows? Sparkling in the sun? Stopping time? X-ray vision? Mind rapereading? Hearing every single tree in the world fall down? Accessing a parallel dimension? Dreaming of what goes on in a parallel dimension? Never misspelling a word? Erasing words from a textbook with your mind? Creating internet memes instantly? Creating unicorns out of horses? Breathing underwater? Talking to the dead? Sharing willpower? Mindcontol? Altering gravity's pull on stuffs? Levitating food? Creating perfect replicas of whatever by sheer willpower? Recognizing and naming invoked/inverted/subverted/averted tropes in anything? Duplicating yourself? Knowing exactly when the world will end? Slowing down time? Time traveling? Flying? Always knowing where you are without a map? Understanding what the hell was going on in Lost? THE FOURTH DIMENSION?

message 6: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (last edited Dec 24, 2010 05:32PM) (new)

☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (lilysokai) .......whoa.

I just used "Pheromone Control" O.o

message 7: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 370 comments 'Talking to books'? People can do that normally… or do you mean the books talk back?

message 8: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (last edited Dec 24, 2010 05:28PM) (new)

☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (lilysokai) Hmm. Maybe... Conversations, based on the dialogue that was written on the pages? that would make essays SO EASY D:

message 9: by fghasdf (new)

fghasdf | 44 comments Then again, only the more special people will willing admit to talking to books.

message 10: by ☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (last edited Dec 24, 2010 05:28PM) (new)

☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (lilysokai) True, true.

message 11: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 370 comments So what do you guys think about my light energy idea?

message 12: by Bobbie, Superpower: Speed (new)

@Dovewing:
I don't think this will be a problem for you, but plz make sure your talent of "light" doesn't becomke too extreme, like complete control of light....

message 13: by Dovewing (new)

Dovewing | 370 comments No problem. I only get out of hand with fire and explosions. *laughs maniacly*

message 14: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) I dint have to have a crazy talent like that, right? I could just be a computer nerd?

message 15: by Bobbie, Superpower: Speed (new)

Absolutely! In fact, I think there are way too many crazy talented people in this rp, and more "normal" talents are welcome.

message 16: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) okay, good. I am like Cadel from Evil Genius. SOrt of.

message 17: by Bobbie, Superpower: Speed (new)

Welp, I don't watch that... But a crazy good hacker is just fine.

message 18: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) haha.