Book Club discussion

Resolutions - Do you have any?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John Cicero | 71 comments Mod
Happy Holiday's everyone!

Resolutions - Do you have any?

If so, and you would like to share, what are they?

message 2: by Trenice (last edited Dec 20, 2010 11:28AM) (new)

Trenice For once, I would really like to stick to the ones I make. :( In doing so, I hope to eat healthier, lose weight, and find a publisher.

message 3: by Reena (new)

Reena Jacobs (reenajacobs) | 95 comments I don't make New Years resolutions. However, I do have goals for 2011. I plan to release 3 novel length books. I kind of have a head start. I'm working on the final edits of Shadow Cat now which I plan to release in the next 2-3 months. The other two novels I've already started writing. I just need to get on the ball and finish them... along with the editing and polishing. :)

Other than that, I plan to whip out a few first drafts in preparation for next year's publishing goals. Thanks to NaNoWriMo, I already have one first draft ready. Woot!

message 4: by Sashana (new)

Sashana I would like to read 150 books. I'm trying to keep my resolutions book oriented because I actually want it to be achievable.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 26 comments I resolve to look at my sales figures less, which should result in a drastic lowering of my angst level. Checking sales stats every day takes the fun out of being a writer. Who needs that, right?

Happy Holidays everyone!

message 6: by Reena (new)

Reena Jacobs (reenajacobs) | 95 comments @Karen~At least you have sales to look at on a daily basis. :) Kudos to you!

message 7: by Ottilie (new)

Ottilie (ottilie_weber) | 131 comments To survive another semester of school, and keep on with my writing :)

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenwb) | 26 comments Reena wrote: "@Karen~At least you have sales to look at on a daily basis. :) Kudos to you!"

Depends what day it is! LOL

message 9: by Arch (new)

Arch  | 105 comments I don't do resolutions. But, in 2011, I plan to reach my fat loss goal or at least half of it. I love to eat right and exercise.

I plan to finish stories that I have started and start a new one. I also plan to participate in the 2011 NaNoWriMo. I've skipped out on it this year. 2009 was my first time doing it and I have fun.

I hope to read more books in 2011.

message 10: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Gallup (kidsbright) | 25 comments My record with resolutions has been spotty, but my memoir, What About the Boy: A Father's Pledge to His Disabled Son, is entering production and so barring some terrible mishap I ought to be able to look forward to its publication in 2011. Assuming that happens (if I sound like a pessimist it's only because this project has been in the works for many, many years), my resolution would be to give it the promotion it deserves. While continuing to hold down a job and all the other necessary stuff.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Lane (jenniferlane) | 14 comments I would like to learn more about the craft of writing and marketing. I would also like to write book three of my series.