A History of Royals discussion

General > Tudor Dolls

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jennifer, Group Founder/Mod #1 (new)

Jennifer (jennifertudor) | 726 comments Mod
I know we talked about these somewhere on here before but I can't find them anywhere. I just rediscovered them this morning. Aren't they beautiful?

http://www.blackhillsdolldesigns.com/...

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather Seale (historygirl79) | 72 comments Jennifer wrote: "I know we talked about these somewhere on here before but I can't find them anywhere. I just rediscovered them this morning. Aren't they beautiful?

http://www.blackhillsdolldesigns.com/......."

Thanks for the info. I love these.

message 3: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

Colleen (nightoleander) | 345 comments Mod
Ah, they are gorgeous dolls!

message 4: by Jennifer, Group Founder/Mod #1 (new)

Colleen wrote: "Ah, they are gorgeous dolls!"

Thanks for posting them on THL... I couldn't find that link anywhere!

message 5: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

NP, I can't find the link for the jewelry either.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh wow, its so beautiful!
I have to say my favorites are KoA, AB and JS...

message 7: by Kelly A. (last edited Jan 01, 2011 04:21PM) (new)

Kelly A. | 28 comments Sort of related, a bit late though, I found a link for Henry VIII and his wives Christmas ornaments.
http://www.historicroyalpalaces.com/-...
They look kind of cute, somewhat expensive though.

Also, a creepy headless Jane Boleyn doll.....
http://www.headlesshistoricals.com/Do...

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

The Headless doll is very disturbing...

message 9: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (last edited Jan 07, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

And a very inaccurate site too; Jane Seymour was not executed but died of "childbed fever" after giving birth to Henry VIII's only legitimate son.

Note: I wrote this when I was tired and know it's Jane Boleyn doll on the creepy doll site.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Huston (telynor) | 71 comments Niecole, I can't agree with you more -- that headless doll is downright disgusting.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

:) I know!

Hey Colleen!
Its the Jane Boleyn doll. Its creepier also because I just watched the episode on The Tudors the other day of when she was beheaded.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Some of the other dolls on the same website are pretty disturbing as well

message 13: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

LOL, I was so not paying attention. Sorry everybody I guess it's time for me to go to bed... :)

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

mmmmm I forgive you my friend :)

I have moments like these all the time

message 15: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

What a bizzare site though! I wonder who buys these dolls; especially the life size ones.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! There's a life size one of Anne Boleyn holding her own head! Maybe some freakish people who are obsessed with her? I like to look at it, its interesting, but really thats where the facination ends

message 17: by Angela (new)

Angela Simmons (simplyangela) | 23 comments The Headless Dolls site was more than a little odd. It was rather creepy. Who would actually want to own and display one of those?

Thanks Kelly A. for the HRP site. I have been looking for a place to order a Princess Diana necklace and thanks to you I have found one!

message 18: by Kelly A. (new)

Kelly A. | 28 comments You're welcome! :)

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinasesok) Colleen wrote: "And a very inaccurate site too; Jane Seymour was not executed but died of "childbed fever" after giving birth to Henry VIII's only legitimate son."

Jane Boleyn was George Boleyn's wife. She said that she saw him and Anne having sex, and it was partially her fault that they were executed. She stayed at court and then served under Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves and Kathryn Howard. She helped Kathryn have an affair with Thomas Culpepper and was arrested with her. Apparently while in prison, she went crazy, so Henry VIII overturned a law stating that people who were insane couldn't be executed so she could be beheaded. If you're looking for a good book on Jane, check out
The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory.

message 20: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

I know Christina I mis-spoke when I wrote that, LOL

message 21: by Aly (new)

Aly (Alygator) | 174 comments Gah!!!!!! Life size AB doll holding her own head?!!!!!!! GAH!!!!! CREEPY!!!

message 22: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

I know who the H really soends money on that??? I would love to meet the die hard AB fan who wants THAT doll!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehehe would you really Colleen? I think I'd be scared of the person who buys that doll

message 24: by Jennifer, Group Founder/Mod #1 (new)

Even I wouldn't want it!

message 25: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Those headless dolls are some of the creepiest things I have ever seen. The Black Hills Dolls are really gorgeous, though. I love them.

message 26: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 120 comments Those dolls are awful and very disturbing. Did you look at the Joan of Arc one? Who would buy those?

message 27: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Misfit wrote: "Those dolls are awful and very disturbing. Did you look at the Joan of Arc one? Who would buy those?"

That one wasn't even a doll, it was a lamp!!!

message 28: by Misfit (new)

Misfit | 120 comments Meghan wrote: "Misfit wrote: "Those dolls are awful and very disturbing. Did you look at the Joan of Arc one? Who would buy those?"

That one wasn't even a doll, it was a lamp!!!"

Thanks, that went right over my head.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess if you were really into the whole headless thing and digging up history about stuff like that you'd enjoy having those dolls? I just cant picture anyone being that facinated with them lol

message 30: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments I liked the Anne one but Jane looks like a barbie.

Some people are freakos with their headless dollies !

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehe I know!

I have this weekly meme on my blog that we do featuring something relating to books every week and this week I've got the website of the dolls... looks pretty cool

message 32: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments I need to check out yours and the others blogs asap :D

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Their all great! Love the way everyone's blogs are different :)

message 34: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

Niecole wrote: "Hehehe would you really Colleen? I think I'd be scared of the person who buys that doll"

Then happily displays it in their living room... LOL ick.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

For sure, like a shrine to dead royalty... facinating people those who do it (Or not hehe)

message 36: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

Creeeepy!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha Imagine you have a date and it goes really well and you like this guy because his interests are the same and everything and you go out often, then one day you go to his house and he has a collection of these dolls there!!!!!!! What would you do?

message 38: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments LMAO Niecole, i would run like hell as he could do the same to me (I would run even if it had a head) ... AHAHAHAHA

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Hehehe that would be creepy wouldnt it????
Makes you wonder if there arent really people like that around!

message 40: by Colleen, The Enforcer/Mod #2 (new)

I would run away too if I saw someone had these headless dolls displayed about their house; especially the life size ones!

message 41: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments What ? Are they life size - PMSL !!!!
There are plenty of nut jobs in this world

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

Can you imagine a bunch of the life sized ones sitting in someones living room

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

I know... maybe all these nutty people all come together once a year for a convention or something and discuss what dolls will be made in the comming years hehe

message 44: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments I reckon they do Niecole.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Thats probably how this one person started making the dolls, they were all sitting around their little freaky table and comming up with their freaky little ideas :)

message 46: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments You are totally cracking me up here Niecole.
I reckon they are like serial killer kinda people LOL

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm sure you're right!
I'm studying psycology with main subject criminology, maybe I should to a thesis about the crazy people who make memrobelia about stuff like this hehe...

Next think we know they'll be making dolls of famous serial killers...

message 48: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments WOW Niecole, that sounds like a facinating course you are doing. What field are you thinking of getting into when you are done ?

Do you laugh at crimes shows ?? (Sorry mods for getting of topic once again)

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I want to go work in one of the mental hospitals here in Cape Town where some of the criminally insane are housed, should be very interesting, but after that I'd like to just have my own practice...

I love Crime shows... some crimes are really actually pathetic to begin with, but my favorite crimes (sorry this does sound odd) are murders and serial killings... the mind of someone who can commit such a crime must be very interesting.

message 50: by Kate. (new)

Kate. | 174 comments I take my hat off to you Niecole, that would be a very tough job. You must be a tough cookie :D

I love crime shows too. I especially like Criminal Minds

« previous 1