Lord of the Rings group discussion

Books > LOTR Humor

Comments Showing 1-50 of 51 (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) Haha, that is so funny.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) :D IKR.

message 4: by Sophie710 (last edited Apr 05, 2011 02:41PM) (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments here's whats weird and funny. the animated version of this movie.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h...
this is frodo and gandalf when gandalf (casually) throws the ring into the fire. Sorry i couldn't get the picture bigger. in the actual film, about 9 seconds after this, gandalf goes phsyco ;)

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) I've seen that.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Sophie710 wrote: "here's whats weird and funny. the animated version of this movie.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h......."

HELP!! The awful thing.

message 7: by Queen Susan the Gentle (last edited Apr 09, 2011 10:54AM) (new)

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) Sophie710 wrote: "here's whats weird and funny. the animated version of this movie.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h......."

In that version, the hobbits are waaaayyyy too adorable(minus Sam), Legolas looks like a pretty boy, Aragorn looks like ab Indian and he and Sir Boromir the viking have no pants. Not to mention the cartoon Gimli is the tallest dwarf I've ever seen.

message 8: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments none of them are particularly smart either. and don't forget how NOT frightening the Balrog is.

Queen Susan the Gentle (highqueensusanofcairparavel) IKR? It looked like a...snakey dragon like thingy.

message 10: by Sophie710 (new)

Sophie710 | 75 comments a lion with wings.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

message 12: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Rahi (kimmierahi) Check out my review on "The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug" Comments are welcome! Lets get a debate going!

http://beautifulreaderkimmie.wordpres...

message 13: by Andrew (new)

Andrew | 5 comments Elizabeth wrote: "http://flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/homew..."

Lol this is hilarious. This in particular cracked me up: "Frodo and Sam consult with their loyal friends Merry and Pipsqueak." Hahahaha Pipsqueak!

And wait a minute, Saruman is Gandalf's half brother? I must have missed the daytime television soap where we received this plot twist.

message 14: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) :D

I find it quite tragic that they kept Glorfindel in just to kill him off.
Glorfindel was my first elf and my favorite.

message 15: by brooke1994 (new)

brooke1994  (formerlynarnian525) | 20 comments lol

message 16: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Ran into this while looking at pics...
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.496575...

message 17: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments He does, though! :D

I made up one of those "in Soviet Russia" jokes, by the way!

"In Soviet Russia, Mordor walks into YOU!"

message 18: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Queen Susan the Gentle wrote: "Sophie710 wrote: "here's whats weird and funny. the animated version of this movie.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=h......"

Legolas IS a pretty boy! Wellllll... not that I'm complaining, of course... (just kidding)

message 19: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Evelina wrote: "He does, though! :D

I made up one of those "in Soviet Russia" jokes, by the way!

"In Soviet Russia, Mordor walks into YOU!""

That's awesome! :D

message 20: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Thanks! It's my only decent joke. :'O

message 21: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Nah. I'm sure you've got lots of good ones... you may not know just yet... :D

message 22: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Go forth, young hobbit, and bring me a sense of humor! xD

message 23: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette LOL!! http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.494835...
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor... you can get out of bed. :D Love this one!!

message 24: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Oh my god. I think I just died inside. x'D

Though, technically, Sam took the ring to Mordor. :O Frodo just held it.

message 25: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette That is so true!! :O

message 26: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette I don't take credit for the jokes I post on here. They are just some of my favorites that I find... just thought I should post that... :(

message 27: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Oh, I know! xD I repost things a lot, too. :3

message 28: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Its funny to see other people's reactions too!

message 29: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Yeah, it really is! :D

message 31: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments I just had geometry midterms yesterday. Fits so well! xD

message 32: by Lynx (new)

Lynx | 25 comments Bridgette wrote: "If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor... you can get out of bed. :D Love this one!!"
I wrote that down and taped the paper to my ceiling so I see it first thing every morning! It works really well.

message 33: by James (new)

James Amerson | 20 comments I love following you guys' conversations, it's almost like I'm in a conversation with you. And I love talking about and hearing about all things of Lord of the Rings.Thanks, and keep them coming. Oh yeah, I took the test and I'm 50% Frodo, and 50% Gandalf. I'm pretty flattered by that!

message 34: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette :D I love humor (as long as its clean) ! It's great to get a good laugh every once and a while! I often find myself following conversations too! Haha!

message 35: by James (new)

James Amerson | 20 comments Laughter is truly the best medicine, Bridgette. Speaking of clean humor, Bill Cosby recently had a show on COM, and he's got something in the works with one of the networks for a new sit-com. Should be interesting!

message 36: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Oooh! Sounds fun! :D

message 37: by James (new)

James Amerson | 20 comments I think so!

message 38: by Strider (new)

Strider | 104 comments Concerning the sharing of jokes from the pen of others . . . . . A quote I read many moons ago that has stuck with me is, 'I am but a collector and distributor of other people's thoughts.'

Ever wonder how many original thoughts and ideas we actually have on our own? If I am honest with myself, and think about the thoughts I do have, I far more often than not can trace them back to someone else, a source I read, or a conversation I had had with someone or even overheard. Originality is quite a talent, and possibly a gift. I envy you who can take the pieces of raw reality and synthesize something new.

I think I may have read/seen hints of this in reading some if Elizabeth's works.

Again, most all my thoughts and 'statements' can be traced to those I have been exposed to over the years, whether through their works or sitting under their teachings. And a prime example of how I now view a piece of reality, and how I synthesize and redistribute it, now comes from the "mind" of JRR Tolkien. His writings have had an appreciable EFFECT/AFFECT on us all here! :-)

message 39: by James (new)

James Amerson | 20 comments Well spoken, Strider. One would have to exist in an intellectual vacuum to not be influenced by the words and thoughts of those around us. Everything I have ever experienced plays a major part in my words and deeds in the present. I know when I hear or read someone referring to something I said, I take it as a sincere form of flattery.

message 40: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (elizabethnovak) Very true, I know I struggle with that in my writing. I feel like I don't want to copy anyone.

message 41: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments I'm thinking of making a comic, but my idea seems a bit stupid. xD

So they're at the Council of Elrond, and Frodo just volunteered to take the ring to Mordor. And y'know how Aragorn says,"You have my sword?" And then Legolas and Gimli chime in with "And you have my bow" and "And my axe!"? Well... what if they just gave Frodo their weapons, but didn't join the Fellowship? I don't even know, lol!

message 42: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette That would be hilarious! You should make that!! :D

message 43: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments I'm just picturing them tossing their weapons at Frodo. xD

And Frodo's just like,"What am I supposed to do with all of these weapons?" :O

message 44: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Oh Yeah!! That would be great!!

message 45: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments Ok, I think I'll make it! :D It may take some time, though. :P

message 46: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette I want a pic when your done! :D

message 47: by Evelina (new)

Evelina (EvelinaOfTheElves) | 32 comments I'll post it on DeviantArt, and give ya the link. ^U^

message 48: by Bridgette (new)

Bridgette Thanks!!

message 49: by Codex (new)

Codex Regius (codex_regius) | 15 comments Famous last words:

"I hate having to wake Túrin from sleep." - Beleg

"One hand washes the other." - Beren

"I say: Let us stay outside and watch the solar eclipse." - Bert the troll

"This tune was not a great success but it may still be sufficient for the Eurovision Song Contest." - Finrod Felagund

"Let me see what this sign reads. Eh, bridge closed for repair...?" - Gandalf

"Repeat, Dark Tower: was that, 'Ascend to 15,000 feet'?" - Khâmul

"To boldly go where no one has gone before." - Morgoth

"Read my lips: No new taxes." - The Mouth of Sauron

"This is one small step for a man but a giant leap for Mankind." - Ar-Phârazon

"This young Frodo lad never could take care for things. Even the most precious items he would lose on the road." - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins

"Now careful - don't let it droooop ..." - Sauron

"Knowest thou not that I am thy father, Meriadoc?" - The Witch-king

message 50: by Mary Grace (new)

Mary Grace (jaded_angel) | 24 comments Two Mortal Men walk into a bar. A Hobbit laughs and walks under it. Lol lame I know, sorry haha

« previous 1