Delirity discussion

Author S > Lords of the Underworld - G. Showalter

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
I keep meaning to eventually get to Showalter, but I never do.

message 3: by Carrie (Care) (new)

Carrie (Care) (care76) | 1746 comments I loved her Tales of an Extraordinary Girl books. Twice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl, #2) by Gena Showalter is right up there with Magic Strikes and Destined for an Early Grave on my favourites list. I think it is UF and not PNR like Showalters other series. I do have the first couple in her Phy-Changling series, I will have to get to them in 2011.

message 4: by Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌ (last edited Oct 08, 2011 09:21PM) (new)

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		 (vivianvivianvivian) Carrie (Care) wrote: "I loved her Tales of an Extraordinary Girl books. Twice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl, #2) by Gena Showalter is right up there with Magic Strikes and Destined for an Early Grave on my favourites list. I think it is UF and n..."

WOW... up there with Kate Daniels and Night Huntress? Hmm maybe I should read this book?

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I have tried to reading the first book twice now and just couldn't get into it. I may have to try the one Carrie listed.

Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌		 (vivianvivianvivian) Darcy wrote: "I have tried to reading the first book twice now and just couldn't get into it. I may have to try the one Carrie listed."

is the book that bad?

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I wasn't a book for me. If you are thinking of reading it I would recommend checking your library for before spending money on it.

message 8: by Heather (new)

So, I'm in the beginning of Darkest Night and I thought I'd hate it since I tend to agree with Darcy on a lot of different books, but I've managed to get into this one. I don't know how it'll end, but there's a lot going on that could create drama. It will either leave a ton of things open for great plots, or it could become too many pieces. We'll see...

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments The first book was awful for me Darcy it took me 4 times, and I finally stuck it out on the 4th one utnil the end.

I really liked book 2, and I've been so worried that book 3 would be awful. Finally just started it up and it's turning into a great read!

message 10: by Heather (new)

Book 2 I could take or leave. I think this is a series that you have to get into it and then just read straight through. If you stop, you kind of come in and out of it.

message 11: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Jan 23, 2013 09:29PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Finished up book 4 and it was pretty solid. I like how Nix from IAD made a little cameo.

This series is fun, but not a wowzer.

Heather, if I didn't take brakes this series would be awful for me.

message 12: by Heather (new)

I just struggle getting back into the world I guess, but I can see where constant could get old too. I need to move on to book 3.

message 13: by Cassie Cruel (new)

Cassie Cruel (faith_isola) | 80 comments Lost which book I'm on in this series

message 14: by Whitney (new)

Whitney (whitneychakara) | 1272 comments I'd like to give this series a try. overdrive has the first book so yay.

message 15: by Shera (Book Whispers) (last edited Oct 03, 2016 09:40PM) (new)

Shera (Book Whispers) (sherabookwhispers) | 2445 comments Good luck. The first one wasn't for me and then things picked up.

After my last break I never picked it up though! Ha-ha. So Heather was right!