Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Etcetera > Changes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments My beloved Dad is showing some signs of decline, forgetfulness and needing help more with daily living tasks, requiring more of my attention. I am determined to keep him at home as long as possible, and have brought in part time caregiving help.
If I am missing on the board for pockets of time you'll understand why. I'm still checking in, and posting when I can. If you need my attention faster than my appearance on GR, please leave a GR message in my Inbox, I will look there first when I log on.
And of course, we appreciate those special M/T prayers and good wishes.

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3792 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "My beloved Dad is showing some signs of decline, forgetfulness and needing help more with daily living tasks, requiring more of my attention. I am determined to keep him at home as long as possibl..."

you got them, carol. hang in there. your dad is lucky to have you

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Watching our parents get older is no fun but Sherry is right, your dad is lucky to have you and vice versa.

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Sending you and your Dad good wishes.

message 5: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "My beloved Dad is showing some signs of decline, forgetfulness and needing help more with daily living tasks, requiring more of my attention. I am determined to keep him at home as long as possibl..."

So sorry to hear this. Your Dad is a lucky guy. It's good you're getting some help. I'll be thinking of you and sending you my special vibes! Take care.
jan

message 6: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments I wish you the best, you have not chosen an easy path. Should you ever need some company, Sherry and I are not far. Dinner and a bottle of wine can give you a whole new outlook on life.

message 7: by Ann (last edited Dec 19, 2010 10:42AM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Carol: {{{Carol}}}
I am so sorry to hear this and my heart and hugs go out to you and your Dad. It is really good that you are able to bring in care-giving help to give you peace of mind when you are not able to be there due to work responsibilities. I am glad you are able to keep him at home with you and know that is a comfort to both of you. We are here for you at any time.

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (JaneNancy) | 161 comments Carol, some of us have been in that position and we know it is a hard thing to have to deal with. We know how difficult it is to have to watch a beloved parent decline in health and mental abilities. We reach out to you in love and sympathy as you go through this and I'm sure we all wish we could be closer to you to lend a hand when you need us.
Love,
NJ

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3792 comments Barry wrote: "I wish you the best, you have not chosen an easy path. Should you ever need some company, Sherry and I are not far. Dinner and a bottle of wine can give you a whole new outlook on life."

what barry said.

message 10: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Good Wishes are on the way Carol. My parents are not doing very well either, it's hard to see them decline.

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments I'm sorry to hear that, Merrilee. You are so right. If you ever need someone to listen, I'm here.

Thanks to everyone for your support. It is a huge comfort.

Merrilee in AZ wrote: "Good Wishes are on the way Carol. My parents are not doing very well either, it's hard to see them decline."

message 12: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments {{{{Carol and her Dad}}}} I couldn't think of a nicer person that I would like taking care of me ;)

message 13: by Ann (last edited Dec 19, 2010 12:44PM) (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Hugs to you too, Merrilee. We are here for you as well. These are not easy things to accept or deal with, but we do the best we can. Please know you have our support and best wishes.

message 14: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1229 comments Carol and Merrilee, my best wishes are with you both.

message 15: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments Thanks everyone, I know if I need support you guys are there for me.

message 16: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3792 comments Merrilee in AZ wrote: "Good Wishes are on the way Carol. My parents are not doing very well either, it's hard to see them decline."

so sorry to hear that, merrilee. it's hard, isn't it?

message 17: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments Sorry to hear this Carol & Merrilee. I understand having parents in failing health. Makes it hard being so far away from mine sometimes. I know how much you love your dad, Carol, and I know he feels the same. And I'm sure he appreciates all you do for him and your efforts to keep him at home.

message 18: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Merrilee
So sorry to see that your parents aren't doing well.

message 19: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2707 comments Watching loved ones age is tough. Not having loved ones to watch is tougher.

message 20: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Carol/Bonadie wrote: "My beloved Dad is showing some signs of decline, forgetfulness and needing help more with daily living tasks, requiring more of my attention. I am determined to keep him at home as long as possibl..."
{{{Carol}}} Prayers sent your way to you and your Dad.

message 21: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Merrilee in AZ wrote: "Good Wishes are on the way Carol. My parents are not doing very well either, it's hard to see them decline."

{{{Merrilee}} Prayers sent your way to you and your parents.

message 22: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3671 comments (((((((Carol and dad)))))), I'm sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers.
((((((((((Merrilee))))))))))i'm also sorry to hear about your parents not doing well. My thoughts and prayers also.

message 23: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1320 comments Carol and Merrilee, My thoughts go to you both. My dad has needed my help more and more in the past couple of years as well. Each times he is apologetic to the time he's taken up of my days, I honestly tell him its such an honor to be there for him, and I'm lucky enough to have a schedule that allows for it. In the midst the of the extra stress and concerns, know that you are providing them such a comfort, and I hope that gives you the stength to get through it too.

message 24: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Beautifully said, Dawn.

Dawn wrote: "Carol and Merrilee, My thoughts go to you both. My dad has needed my help more and more in the past couple of years as well. Each times he is apologetic to the time he's taken up of my days, I ho..."

message 25: by Snap (new)

Snap | 52 comments Hang in there, Carol. It is a difficult time for both of you. Grab hold of the good days and wonderful memories. Hugs to both of you.

We are interviewing hospice programs for Mr. Dragon. Unfortunately, only 30% survive his type of cancer and he won't be one of them. That's why I haven't posted. I'll try to get an end of year report done.

Best wishes to all my M/T family.

Carol/Bonadie wrote: "My beloved Dad is showing some signs of decline, forgetfulness and needing help more with daily living tasks, requiring more of my attention. I am determined to keep him at home as long as possibl..."

message 26: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3792 comments Snap wrote: "Hang in there, Carol. It is a difficult time for both of you. Grab hold of the good days and wonderful memories. Hugs to both of you.

We are interviewing hospice programs for Mr. Dragon. Unfortun..."

oh snap- so sorry to hear this. take care of yourself and will be holding you and mr dragon in my thoughts.

message 27: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Snap:
I am deeply sorry to hear of Mr Dragon's illness. Echoing Sherry, please know we will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. In my experience, the Hospice care system will give both of you support and comfort, we are here for you too.
Snap wrote: "Hang in there, Carol. It is a difficult time for both of you. Grab hold of the good days and wonderful memories. Hugs to both of you.
We are interviewing hospice programs for Mr. Dragon."

message 28: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2707 comments Snap, so very sorry to hear of the illness. Lots of friends thinking about both of you. Dan

message 29: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 3111 comments Snap- sorry to see you going forward with bad news. My thoughts go with you, we have done well by Hospice for all of the aunts and uncles that populated my childhood.

message 30: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1117 comments So sorry to hear of Mr Dragons illness. My thoughts are with you

message 31: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3644 comments I'm so sorry to hear things haven't worked out well for Mr. Dragon. The hospice systems that I've had experience with have been wonderful and the people who work for them have been angels on earth. All good thoughts and prayers coming your way.

message 32: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandin954) | 1229 comments Snap, I am very sorry to read of Mr. Dragon's illness. My thoughts are with you both.

message 33: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Snap, so sorry to hear about Mr. Dragon. Thinking of you.

message 34: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Snap wrote: "Hang in there, Carol. It is a difficult time for both of you. Grab hold of the good days and wonderful memories. Hugs to both of you.

We are interviewing hospice programs for Mr. Dragon. Unfortun..."

Snap, I'm so sorry to hear this. My hubby is fighting his own cancer battle now. It's not curable either, but he's receiving drugs that can extend his life. He's at home on temporary disability right now.

message 35: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1653 comments Sending hugs to {{{Snap and Mr. Dragon}}}

message 36: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3671 comments Sending thoughts and prayers and hugs to Snap and Mr. Dragon.

message 37: by Snap (new)

Snap | 52 comments Merrilee ..It is very difficult to watch your parents decline. Hang in there! Thinking of you......

Brakedrum wrote: "Merrilee in AZ wrote: "Good Wishes are on the way Carol. My parents are not doing very well either, it's hard to see them decline."

{{{Merrilee}} Prayers sent your way to you and your parents."

message 38: by Snap (new)

Snap | 52 comments Thanks everyone for your hugs, thoughts and prayers. I'll stay in touch.

message 39: by Snap (new)

Snap | 52 comments It is a difficult decision to make. Mr. Dragon decided against further therapy. He went through the chemo and radiation (together) and then very difficult surgery. Said it wasn't worth being sick 10 out of 14 days to get an extra month. Good luck and I'll be sending hugs, prayers and dragon vibes your way.

"Snap, I'm so sorry to hear this. My hubby is fighting his own cancer battle now. It's not curable either, but he's receiving drugs that can extend his life. He's at home on temporary disability right now."

message 40: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Sanp, I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you and your family.
We are going thru my hubby's cancer treatment since Sept. Take care and know your M/T family is thinking of you.

message 41: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments Snap, I'm so sorry to hear this. You and Mr. Dragon are in my prayers tonight. You hang in there too.

Snap wrote: "We are interviewing hospice programs for Mr. Dragon. Unfortunately, only 30% survive his type of cancer and he won't be one of them. That's why I haven't posted. "

message 42: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (Nanlanc) | 77 comments Snap I too hate to read this, so sorry. Such a tough thing. Take care of you!

message 43: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Snap, I'm also here thinking and praying for you and Mr. Dragon.

message 44: by JanG (new)

JanG | 165 comments Snap,
I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending my good wishes to you and your husband.

Lynne in PA/Lineepinee (lineepineeaolcom) | 68 comments Snap, I am thinking of you at this difficult time. My DH made the same decision for the same reasons and althought it was difficult, it was the correct one.

message 46: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments Hugs to you too, Lynne. and hugs to all of you who have situations of changes. My heart goes out to all of you.
Lynne in PA/Lineepinee wrote: "Snap, I am thinking of you at this difficult time. My DH made the same decision for the same reasons and althought it was difficult, it was the correct one."

message 47: by Cathy (new)

Cathy | 180 comments Hi, folks...I've been mia lately....busy at work, daughter in nursing school....but my thoughts and prayers are with you...So sorry to hear of the challenges my m/t friends are facing right now...many hugs...

message 48: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14981 comments We've missed seeing you Cathy!
Cathy (Catsluvbooks) wrote: "Hi, folks...I've been mia lately....busy at work, daughter in nursing school....but my thoughts and prayers are with you...So sorry to hear of the challenges my m/t friends are facing right now...m..."

message 49: by Snap (new)

Snap | 52 comments Thanks Cathy, Nice to *see* you.....

Cathy (Catsluvbooks) wrote: "Hi, folks...I've been mia lately....busy at work, daughter in nursing school....but my thoughts and prayers are with you...So sorry to hear of the challenges my m/t friends are facing right now...m..."

message 50: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8263 comments thanks for chiming in, Cathy we do appreciate it.