easy peasy reading group discussion

red queen

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen | 381 comments Mod
just to let the group know that the red queen will come out in paperback on 14th april 2011

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments OK OK OK - I know I have a trillion books already on the go, but I just had to take a sneaky peak at this one too! Now I might have to put everything aside to read it! Bummer!

message 3: by Stephen (new)

me started a new book which only came out today was shopping in sainsburys and saw it so got 2 books for £7 and used up all my nectar points lol The Stonehenge Legacy by Sam Christer read already this year 2 books on my tbr pile lol Repeat It Today With Tears by Anne Peile and Telling Liddy by Anne Fine

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Telling Liddy looks good, I've added it to my Amazon wishlist.

message 5: by Stephen (new)

I bought it from amazon market place for £2.76 lol

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Finished The Red Queen, and I can't say I agree that it was better than the White Queen, but it was very good. The thing that got on my nerves, was the relentlessness of the ambition and self-righteousness. I couldn't warm to Margaret Beaufort at all, and I think that spoilt the enjoyment of it. Fabulous writing again from Philipa Gregory

message 7: by Stephen (last edited Jan 09, 2011 02:15PM) (new)

well to me the red queen was a darker book which maybe why I liked it and look forward to the 3rd in the series the lady of the rivers

message 8: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Steve
I think I read somewhere that there will be a few more in this series and it's not a trilogy at all. Problem is, I can't recall where I read it, have you heard anything like that?

message 9: by Stephen (new)

my copy of the red queen set the scene for the next book in the series the lady of the rivers about elizabeth woodville's mother

message 10: by Stephen (new)

have you checked out the richard and judy books for spring 2011

message 11: by Chris (last edited Jan 09, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Stephen wrote: "my copy of the red queen set the scene for the next book in the series the lady of the rivers about elizabeth woodville's mother"

Looks like we have the same edition (although mine is from the library and needs to back). Looks good. I felt she was one of the most interesting characters. I too am looking forward to it.

message 12: by Chris (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Stephen wrote: "have you checked out the richard and judy books for spring 2011"

YEP
I have read and enjoyed Trespass, but there are a few I will be adding to the TBR
Hothouse Flower
You're Next
The Blasphemer
and possibly This Perfect World
What about you, which ones do you fancy?

message 13: by Stephen (new)

well already had room, hothouse flower and got at weekend major pettigrew's last stand and the postmistress for £7.99 and was given a £5 off voucher for wh smiths if i spend more than £15 before sunday and on the richard and judy they are doing a bogof of all 8 books in spring 2011 series

message 14: by Chris (last edited Jan 09, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Chris Stanley (christinelstanley) | 206 comments Also checked out the TV Book show list and a few titles grabbed there too;
Even The Dogs
Tiger Hills
The News Where You Are
Bleed For Me
The Room appears on both lists and has been discussed at length on goodreads, but I can't say that I'm eager to read that one at all!

message 15: by Stephen (new)

the one i have read off tv list is the long song read that not long after it came out had it as a swap